SAMSUNG LASER PRINTER FOR MAC
Samsung is one of the highly popular and most trusted brands, and its printers are being used by people all over the world. Samsung printers compete with most of the well-known brands out there – HP, Canon, Epson, Brother, Xerox, etc. Samsung printers are equipped with the latest technology and are designed in a way to work on various versions of the Mac Operating System. Usually, most Samsung printers support both wired and wireless connectivity options, which are USB 2.0, Ethernet, Wi-Fi, and Wi-Fi Direct. With the Samsung laser printer, you can bring the printing resolution up to 1200 x 1200 dpi. In addition to that, you can make use of the AirPrint feature to print from your Mac device without using any application. Let us see the steps to install Samsung Laser Printer For Mac
List of Samsung laser printers compatible with Mac:
- Samsung ML2855ND
- Samsung CLP-500
- Samsung MLT-R607K
- Samsung Xpress M2835DW
- Samsung Xpress SL-M2020W
Before you start with the procedure to download your Samsung printer driver on your Mac, make sure that you have completed the basic hardware setup of the printer. It will include the unboxing of the printer, loading paper, powering on the printer, etc.
Steps to download the Samsung printer driver for Mac users:
To perform all the printer functions directly from your computer, you need the relevant printer drivers. Make sure that you update the printer drivers from time to time to have a smooth printing experience.
Here is the procedure to download the Samsung printer drivers on your Mac computer. Keep in mind that these steps do apply to the Windows Operating System as well.
- Connect your Mac computer to the Internet.
- Open the default web browser.
- Go to the HP support page.
- Scroll down the page and type the Samsung printer model number in the Enter your product name field.
- Once the support page for your Samsung printer opens up, click on the Software, Drivers and Firmware tab in the left pane.
- Click the Choose a different OS option.
- Select Mac from the Operating System drop-down list and the version; click the Change button.
- Click the Driver-Product Installation Software section and select Basic Drivers.
- Choose the relevant driver file and click the Download button.
- The printer drivers will be downloaded on your computer.
- Once successfully downloaded, it’s time for you to begin the installation procedure.
Installing the Samsung printer drivers on Mac:
- Locate the downloaded setup file.
- Now, double-click the .exe file to begin the installation.
- Follow the on-screen prompts and finish the printer driver installation.
- When the connection screen appears, you have to choose any one of the connection types (wired or wireless).
Steps to add the Samsung printer to your Mac:
- First, click the Apple menu.
- Select the System Preferences option from the drop-down menu.
- Click the Printers & Scanners icon in the System Preferences window.
- Click the Add icon at the bottom-left corner of the left-side panel.
- Under the Default tab, check if your Samsung printer’s name is listed.
- If your printer’s name is not listed, click the IP tab and then enter your printer’s IP address in the Address field.
- Choose your printer driver from the Use drop-down menu.
- Click the Add button to add your Samsung laser printer to your Mac.
So, these are the simple steps to install and add the Samsung Laser Printer For Mac