Fix HP Officejet Pro 8746 Troubleshooting Issue
Get Complete Solution for HP Officejet Pro 8746 Troubleshooting Problem.
HP OJ Pro 8746 Ink Cartridge Replacement
Employ the procedures to replace the ink cartridge on the printer.
Step 1: Substitute the Existing Cartridge on your Printer
Remove the old cartridge from the printer and replace it with the new cartridge.
- Switch on your printer. If required, tap on the power button to switch it on.
- Lift the lid of the printer.
- The carriage needs to move to the right of the printer and the Printer needs to be inactive before you move to the next step.
- Press on the ink cartridges to release it and then remove it from the cartridge access slot.
- In case you are replacing the tri-color cartridge, remove the cartridge from the left slot.
- In case you are replacing the black ink cartridge, take off the cartridge from the right side slot.
- Remove all the packing material surrounding the new cartridge and pull on the pink colored tab. This removes the protective packing from your cartridge.
- The ink cartridge needs to be held in such a way that the copper strips face the printer and are on the bottom side.
- Hold the ink cartridge at a slightly elevated angle and move it into the cartridge access slot until you hear the cartridge fixing into the correct place.
- The black ink cartridge should be fixed on the right side slot.
- The tri-color cartridge needs to be installed on the left side slot.
- Verify that the top cover is closed before you start.
- Try to print your sample document.
If you have further queries and HP Officejet Pro 8746 Troubleshooting issues, just contact us.
HP Officejet Pro 8746 Print Job Stuck in Print Queue Issue
Your printer cannot print from a computer because a print job is stuck in the print queue. This print job may not get discarded and prevents further print jobs from printing. Selecting Cancel on the print job in the queue does nothing.
Step 1: Cancel your Job Files and Reboot
When you send a print job to your corresponding printer, a file gets generated in Windows. In some cases, these files might be corrupted and cause an issue. To reboot the printing environment, cancel the print job files and restart both the computer and the 123.hp.com/ojpro8746 printer.
- Power off the printer and then disconnect the HP Ojpro 8746 Printer power cord from the power outlet.
- Save your work. After using these procedures, the current print jobs will be lost and it must be printed again.
- Access Windows Services by one of the following methods:
- Find services, and select Services in the list of results.
- Press Windows key on your keyboard, index services. msc in the window that gets displayed, and then select Ok.
- Right-click Print Spooler and then select Stop.
- Once the service has been stopped, close the service window and employ Windows Explorer to look for C:\Windows\System32\Spool\PRINTERS.
- Delete all files inside the PRINTERS folder.
- Turn off your system.
- Confirm that the printer has been disconnected, pause for at least 60 seconds, and then connect the power cord into a power outlet.
- Turn on your printer and the system.
- Try to print a sample document.
- In case the printer prints, you are done.
- In case the print job becomes stuck, follow the next step for HP Officejet Pro 8746 Troubleshooting.
Step 2: Enable HP Print and Scan Doctor
HP Print and Scan Doctor detects and recovers the printing and scanning issues. It quickly and automatically performs many troubleshooting tasks known to solve an issue. Go through the instructions displayed on the screen in HP Print and Scan doctor to automatically recognize and fix the Printer issues. After fixing and recovering the issue, print your desired document or images.
- In case the printer prints your document, you are done.
- In case the print job gets stuck again, continue to the next step.
Step 3: Guidance for HP Officejet Pro 8746 Driver Re-Installation
- If the printer links to the computer via a USB cable, disconnect it from the printer.
- Find devices and Printers, and then click Devices and Printers in the results.
- Right-click the printer icon, and then click on the Remove Device option.
- Boot up your computer.
- Go to our website and then click Software and Drivers to identify and download printer software that corresponds to your printer model.
- Install the software based on the instructions.
- In case you are using a USB connection, only link the cable when it is instructed to do so during the software installation.
- Print your sample document.
- In case your printer prints, you are done.
- In case the print job becomes stuck again, just contact us to resolve your HP Officejet Pro 8746 Troubleshooting issues.
If the print job proceeds to get stuck while printing your document, reset the printing software files by deleting and reinstalling the printer driver.