123 HP Ojpro8746 Printer
Wireless Printer Setup – Windows
Identify your Wireless WEP, WPA, WPA2 password for Windows
Sometimes you may forget the password of the wireless network, you can find it from the computer, the router or the paperwork provided by the Internet Service Provider.
Step 1: Detect the password from a computer connected to the wireless network
Easily detect the wireless network password from a computer that is connected to the wireless network. To display the network security password on a Windows computer, access the network properties window.
- Find view network connections in Windows, and choose View network connections from the results.
- The Network connection window opens.
- Right-click on the wireless network name, and then choose Status.
- The Wi-Fi Status or Wireless Network Connection status window opens
- Tap on the Wireless Properties option.
- Click Security, and then click the Show Character check box to see the wireless network password.
- In case the Show character check box is not available and cannot be chosen, proceed to the next step.
Step 2: Recognize the password on the router
The routers from an ISP have a tag on the base that displays the wireless network password. The wireless network password is also known as the wireless key, security password, WPA key, WPA password, WPA2 password or WEP password, wireless password.
If you cannot find the password from the tag or your password has modified, continue to the next step.
Step 3: Find the password on the Internet Service Paperwork
Check the documentation from the Internet Service paperwork. The welcome letter from the ISP provides the network name and the password. Contact your Internet Service Provider for help.
For detailed information, consult our technical support on our toll-free number to rectify your issues.
WEP, WPA, WPA2 Printer Setup – Mac
Discover your Wireless WEP, WPA, WPA2 password for Mac device
Easily print your document wirelessly, you need to have a wireless network password to link the 123.hp.com/ojpro8746 printer to the wireless network. The password may also be named as WEP key, Wi-Fi security key, WPA or WPA2 passphrase. Wireless password is given by ISP, and you might have edited the password.
Step 1: Detect the password from a system connected to the wireless network
- In the Finder menu bar, click Go, and then choose Utilities.
- Open the Keychain Access application.
- From the Keychain list, click on Local Items option.
- From the category list, select Passwords.
- Double-click the wireless network name, and then click the Show password checkbox.
- If required, index the administrator password, and then click on the Ok option.
Suppose the show Password check box is not available or you do not have the administrator password, continue to the next step.
Step 2: Find the password on the router
Routers from an ISP will have a tag on the base that displays the wireless network password. If you cannot identify the password from the label or the password has been modified, follow the next step.
Step 3: Identify the password on the Internet Service paperwork
Verify the documentation from the ISP, the welcome letter from your ISP has the wireless network name and password. Contact your Internet service Provider for assistance. If you face any issues, ring us on our toll-free number to rectify your problem.
Ink cartridge replacement
Employ the procedures to replace the ink cartridge on the printer.
Step 1: Substitute the existing cartridge on your 123 HP Ojpro8746 Printer
Remove the old cartridge from the printer and replace it with the new cartridge.
- Switch on your printer. If required, tap on the power button to switch it on.
- Lift the lid of the printer.
- The carriage needs to move to the right of the printer and the 123 HP Ojpro8746 Printer needs to be inactive before you move to the next step.
- Press on the ink cartridges to release it and then remove it from the cartridge access slot.
- In case you are replacing the tri-color cartridge, remove the cartridge from the left slot.
- In case you are replacing the black ink cartridge, take off the cartridge from the right side slot.
- Remove all the packing material surrounding the new cartridge and pull on the pink colored tab. This removes the protective packing from your cartridge.
- The ink cartridge needs to be held in such a way that the copper strips face the printer and are on the bottom side.
- Hold the ink cartridge at a slightly elevated angle and move it into the cartridge access slot until you hear the cartridge fixing into the correct place.
- The black ink cartridge should be fixed on the right side slot.
- The tri-color cartridge needs to be installed on the left side slot.
- Verify that the top cover is closed before you start.
- Try to print your sample document.
If you have further queries and issues, just ring us on our toll-free number to rectify your issues.
HP Officejet Pro 8746 Printer Troubleshooting
Print job stuck in print queue
Your 123.hp.cm/ojp8746 printer cannot print from a computer because a print job is stuck in the print queue. This print job may not get discarded and prevents further print jobs from printing. Selecting Cancel on the print job in the queue does nothing.
Step 1: Cancel your job files and reboot it
When you send a print job to your corresponding printer, a file gets generated in Windows. In some cases, these files might be corrupted and cause an issue. To reboot the printing environment, cancel the print job files and restart both the computer and the printer.
- Power off the printer and then disconnect the 123 HP Ojpro8746 Printer power cord from the power outlet.
- Save your work. After using these procedures, the current print jobs will be lost and it must be printed again.
- Access Windows Services by one of the following methods:
- Find services, and select Services in the list of results.
- Press Windows key on your keyboard, index services. msc in the window that gets displayed, and then select Ok.
- Right-click Print Spooler and then select Stop.
- Once the service has been stopped, close the service window and employ Windows Explorer to look for C:\Windows\System32\Spool\PRINTERS.
- Delete all files inside the PRINTERS folder.
- Turn off your system.
- Confirm that the printer has been disconnected, pause for at least 60 seconds, and then connect the power cord into a power outlet.
- Turn on your printer and the system.
- Try to print a sample document.
- In case the printer prints, you are done.
- In case the print job becomes stuck, follow the next step.
Step 2: Enable HP Print and Scan Doctor
HP Print and Scan Doctor detects and recovers the printing and scanning issues. It quickly and automatically performs many troubleshooting tasks known to solve an issue. Go through the instructions displayed on the screen in HP Print and Scan doctor to automatically recognize and fix the 123 HP Ojpro8746 Printer issues. After fixing and recovering the issue, print your desired document or images.
- In case the printer prints your document, you are done.
- In case the print job gets stuck again, continue to the next step.
Step 3: Guidance for driver reinstallation
If the print job proceeds to get stuck while printing your document, reset the printing software files by deleting and reinstalling the 123.hp.com/ojpro8746 printer driver.
- If the printer links to the computer via a USB cable, disconnect it from the printer.
- Find devices and Printers, and then click Devices and Printers in the results.
- Right-click the printer icon, and then click on the Remove Device option.
- Boot up your computer.
- Go to our website and then click Software and Drivers to identify and download printer software that corresponds to your printer model.
- Install the software based on the instructions.
- In case you are using a USB connection, only link the cable when it is instructed to do so during the software installation.
- Print your sample document.
- In case your printer prints, you are done.
- In case the print job becomes stuck again, just give a call on our toll-free number, our technical support team will assist you to resolve your issues.
We are third-party service providers of different hardware, software, and other devices. We are an independent company, and do not have any association with top printer brands. The images, trademarks, videos included in this site are only for reference and information purposes. We don’t claim any ownership of them.