Enable HP Officejet Pro 8740 Wired Setup
For HP Officejet Pro 8740 Wired Setup, set up a network connected printer with an Ethernet cable by installing the printer driver on a Windows and Mac system.
Step 1: Prepare for HP Officejet Pro 8740 Driver Installation and Network Connection
- Verify that you have a network router, switch or hub with available Ethernet ports.
- Ratify that your computer is connected to the router, switch or hub, in case it is not already connected.
- Avail an Ethernet cable. Do not use a Standard telephone cable.
Step 2: Fix the HP Officejet Pro 8740 Printer to Network
- Switch on the HP Officjet Pro 8740 printer.
- Take out the cable or protective cover from the Ethernet port on the printer.
- Plug the Ethernet cable into the printer port, and then connect the remaining end of the Ethernet cable to an available port on the network router, switch or hub in HP Officejet Pro 8740 Wired Setup.
- Go to our website, index your printer model, and then employ the guides to download the driver. According to the printer model, the guided driver installation application- HP Easy Start might download.
- In case the printer driver or HP Easy Start downloads, use the instructions to open the downloaded file to begin the setup. When it is instructed to pick a connection type, select Wired Network Setup.
- In case the download fails or the printer is not listed, follow the procedures to setup a driver from our website.
- Go to our website and then tap on Software and Driver Downloads option, index your printer model if it is urged, and then confirm that the operating system version selected is proper.
- Windows: Under Driver-Printer Installation Software, tap Download next to the full feature printer driver, and then follow the instructions to use the guided HP Download and Install Assistant, or choose Download only to save and then run the printer driver file from the system, Follow the Next Step for HP Officejet Pro 8740 Wired Setup.
- Mac device: Under Driver Printer Installation Software, choose Download next to HP Easy Start or the full feature printer driver, depends on the option that displays, and then access the HP Easy Start file or the HP .dmg file in the Downloads folder to initiate the installation.
- Windows: When it is promoted by the installer to pick a printer connection option, choose Wired Network Setup to continue with and complete the configuration.
- Windows: Try to Print, Scan or Fax, based on the printer functionality.
- Mac: When it is prompted by the installer, tap on Add Printer option to initiate a print queue on the Mac device.
- The Add window gets displayed.
- Choose the name of the printer, tap on Use or Print Using menu. Select the name of the printer in the pop-up menu, and then click Add.
- Revert to the installer to complete the installation for HP Officejet Pro 8740 Wired Setup.