123 HP Ojpro 8740 Printer Functions
HP Officejet Pro 8740 Print Setup
You can print your desired documents or photos from a Windows computer and modify any related print job settings.
Printing your essential document
- Before printing your documents, you can edit the documents to modify the text font and size, choose layout option, and you can also modify other appearance settings.
- Choose File or the menu option, and then click the Print option to general print settings from the application in which you created the document.
- Select 123 HP Ojpro 8740 Printer Properties, Properties or Preferences to view more layout options, quality and advanced print settings.
To avail a detail information, ring us on our toll-free 1-800-806-4515 our technical experts offer you an instant solution.
- Adjust the following layout and paper settings for the print job. Menu names and the available settings may vary by the printer.
Portrait or Landscape orientation
Choose Portrait for vertical printing or Landscape for horizontal printing. Move to the Orientation menu on the Layout, Finishing or Features option.
Paper tray or source
Choose the tray in which you want to mount the paper if your 123 HP Ojpro 8740 printer has more than one tray.
Navigate to Source or Paper source menu on the Paper or Quality or Feature option.
Affix the paper type you are using, such as plain, brochure or other specialty types, so that your 123.hp.com/ojpro8740 printer properly prints on the paper.
Pick Type, paper type or Media menu on the Paper or Quality or Features option.
Choose the paper size which you mounted in the printer, such as a letter or legal paper.
Choose the Size or Paper Size menu in the Advance options or on the Features option.
Duplex printing – Two-sided printing
Based on the printer model, you can automatically print your essential documents on both sides of the paper, or set up the print job to manually turn the pages.
Tap on the Print on Both Sides option on the Layout, Finishing or Features option.
The Printing Shortcut option may include shortcuts to print on both sides of the document.
123 HP 8740 Scan
Employ the HP Scan and Capture Application
Capture required photos or documents from the 123 HP Ojpro 8740 printer or the computer camera using HP Scan and Capture, a free application for Windows 8 and 10 which is available from the Microsoft Store.
Setup and Scan with HP Scan and Capture
Install the HP Scan and Capture app from the Microsoft Store.
- Switch on the printer.
- Position the file you want to scan on the scanner glass or place it into the automatic document feeder (ADF) if your HP Officejet Pro 8740 printer has one.
- Find Scan and Capture under Windows, and then choose HP Scan and Capture in the available list of results.
- Click the menu icon, and then select Settings.
- Click Select Device, and then pick your corresponding 123.hp.com/ojp8740 printer.
- Choose Document Scan Options or Photo Scan Options to edit any settings, and then tap the back arrow.
- Tap outside the Settings menu, and then click Capture Documents or Capture Photos.
- Once you are done with the Scan, select the Save option.
The Save As window opens to save the file in the particular folder.
Scan using HP Scan software
You can start scan jobs from the computer, adjust scan quality settings, save the scan as PDF files and more. Two versions of HP Scan are available, based on when your printer was released. Both offer the same functionality and scanning support.
- Mount the file on the scanner glass, in the document feeder slot, or in the automatic document feeder, according to your printer type and features.
- Find your 123 HP Ojpro 8740 printer model.
- If the printer is displayed, click on the printer name in the list of results.
- If the printer does not display, go our website and choose Software and Driver Downloads, and then index your printer model number. Under the Driver- Printer Installation software, click Download next to the full feature driver.
If the full feature driver does not display, the 123 HP Officejet Pro 8740 printer does not support HP Scan software.
- Choose Scan a Document or Photo.
HP Scan opens.
- Pick one of the shortcuts that match with the file type and the resulting action you prefer.
- Alter any of the shortcut default settings on the right side of the window, if required.
- Select Show scan preview or Show Viewer After Scan to preview and make additional edits to the scan prior to storing it.
- Select Advanced Settings or More to modify the settings such as quality, color, and default scan destination folder.
- Select Scan.
The 123 HP Ojpro 8740 printer scans the file, and then a pre-screen of the scan displays in HP Scan.
- If required, double-click the thumbnail image of the scanned file, and then modify any additional settings.
- Choose Save.
The Save as the window gets displayed.
- Pick the folder where you want to store the scan in, alter the File name if required, ratify the file type in the Save as type menu, and then click Save.
- You can view your scan by accessing the folder in which you saved the scan, and then double-click the file.
123.hp.com/ojp8740 – Copy Setup
Use your corresponding 123.hp.com/ojpro8740 printer to provide a copy of printed document and photos.
Step 1: Place the original document or images
Mount the original document in the Automatic Document Feeder tray or on the scanner glass. Employ the scanner to copy original images or to provide a two-sided copy.
- Power on your corresponding printer.
- Mount the original document or images:
- Use Automatic Document Feeder: Place the document into the document feeder tray with the print side facing upward and such that the top edge goes into the tray first. Alter the width guides to fit the documents. The control panel displays the originally loaded document.
- Employ the Scanner glass: Load the original document with the print side downward on the scanner glass, mount it according to the engraved guides around the glass, and then shut down the scanner lid.
Step 2: Copy the required photos or document
Make use of the Copy menu on the printer’s control panel to choose copy settings and then begin the copy job.
- On the printer’s control panel, select Copy.
- Select Document, ID Card or Photo.
- Pick the essential number of copies, or index the required number of copies.
- Under Tray Selection, select the tray and paper size.
- From two-sided, you can select either one or two-sided copying.
- Choose Touch to Preview, and then select the preview to modify the photo from the Edit screen, you can crop, resize and alter the contrast of the copy.
Choose Done to go back to the copy screen.
- Tap on Settings icon, and then mention the essential advanced copy settings:
- Choose Lighter or Darker, scroll the display to choose the darkness level, and then click Done.
- Select Quality to choose a specific quality level. Draft quickly makes a copy with less ink. Normal gives standard copy quality. Best provides a copy with finer details.
- Select Enhancements to choose Print or photo-specific settings.
- Pick Binding Margin, and then select On to provide pages with margin shifted to the left side of the page.
- Save advanced settings: Tap Save Current Settings to obtain the advanced settings after this copy job, and then tap Save.
- Select Back to revert to the Copy screen.
- Choose Start Black, Start Color or Start Copy to initiate the copy job.
If you recognize any issue, consult our technical support to resolve your issues.
HP Ojpro 8740 Fax Setup
In a fax you can send and receive a document easier through a landline connection. While faxing dedicated landline is used instead of an Internet connection, it is also more reliable than email. Go through the document to setup your 123 HP Ojpro 8740 printer for faxing, send and receive your faxes, fix and troubleshoot your fax issues.
Setup the printer for faxing
Fix the telephone cord and configure the fax connection.
Step 1: Fulfill the requisites
Before setting up the fax service, verify that you have completed the following tasks:
- Avail an active telephone landline.
- Install the ink cartridge into its corresponding slot.
- Mount plain, white paper in the input tray.
- Acquire the two-wire telephone cord and adapter that came along with the 123.hp.com/setup 8740 printer.
Step 2: Prepare for the fax connection
Fix the telephone cord, configure your fax connection, and then pick your fax settings from the printer’s control panel. These procedures explain you to, how to configure faxing for a phone system using a voice or fax line and a telephone answering machine.
- Unlink any telephone devices from the phone jack where you are connecting the printer.
- Take out the plug from the port labeled 2-EXT on the printer.
- Unplug your answering machine phone cord from the phone jack, and then fix the answering machine phone cord to the port labeled 2-EXT on the printer.
- From the control panel of the printer, choose Fax, tap Fax Setup and then select Preferences.
- Scroll down the display, and then choose Rings to Answer.
- Choose a number that is two rings more than your answering machine setting.
- Tap on Done option.
- Navigate the display, and then ratify that the Auto Answer is set to On. In case Auto Answer is off, turn it on.
Step 3: Pick the basic fax settings
The general fax settings that set on the printer might be all you need to send and receive the required faxes.
Configure the dial type
The dial type setting on the phone must be similar to the type of dialing used on the phone setting. If the dial type does not match, the printer cannot call other fax systems.
- From the control panel of your printer, tap on Fax option, and then click Setup.
- Choose Preferences.
- Scroll down the display, and then select Dial Type.
- Choose Tone or Pulse.
Setup the fax speed
Alter the fax speed to increase the communication speed between the HP Officejet Pro 8740 printer and other fax machines.
- From the control panel of your printer, Tap Fax Setup.
- Select Preferences.
- Swipe up on the display, and then click Speed.
- Choose Slow, Medium or Fast according to your preferences.
We are third-party service providers of different hardware, software, and other devices. We are an independent company, and do not have any association with top printer brands. The images, trademarks, videos included in this site are only for reference and information purposes. We don’t claim any ownership of them.