Easy HP Officejet Pro 8720 Setup
In HP Officejet Pro 8720 Setup, find these descriptive steps to enable different kind of printer functions such as print, scan, copy and fax functions on it.
HP Officejet Pro 8720 Printing using Mopria Print Service
Print your documents using Mopria Print Service. Mopria is a mobile printing solution that permits you to print to Mopria-certified HP Ojpro8720 printer from your mobile device.
Step 1: Check HP Officejet Pro 8720 Requirements
Prior to printing wirelessly from your mobile device, confirm that you have the following items:
- A mobile device running on Android 4.4 or later or an HP Slate tablet running Android 4.1 or later.
- A Mopria- certified wireless printer or wireless printing accessory.
Step 2: Configure HP Officejet Pro 8720 Mopria Print Service in Mobile
From your mobile device, confirm that the Mopria Print Service is preinstalled and if it is not, install it.
- From the Application manager on your mobile device, look for Mopria Print Service.
- If Mopria Print Service is available in the Application manager, move to the step to link the HP Officejet Pro 8720 Setup with Mopria Print Service.
- In case Mopria Print Service is not available in the Application manager, continue with these steps to download it.
- On your mobile device, install or upgrade the HP Print Service Plugin.
- Look for Mopria, and then click on the Mopria Print Service option.
- Tap on the Back option.
- Choose Settings, and then click Printing.
- Move to Mopria Print Service, and then choose on, if it is not already on.
Step 3: Link HP 8720 Printer with Mopria Print Service
Link your mobile device to the printer.
- On your mobile device, select Settings.
- Pick your corresponding printer or accessory.
The app automatically looks for nearby Mopria-compatible printers or accessories.
Step 4: Printing Documents using HP OJ Pro 8720 Mopria Printing
Easily print photos, documents or web pages from your smartphone.
- On your mobile device, open the document or image that you want to print.
- Select the Menu icon, and then click on the Print option.
- Pick out your Mopria-compatible printer or accessory with Mopria Print Service listed under the name of the HP Officejet Pro 8720 Setup printer.
- Pick your print settings such as Paper size, Copies, Color, Orientation, and Pages. Available settings may vary according to your mobile devices.
- Select Print.
- Once the printing is completed, return to your wireless settings, and then choose the name of your network to restore your connection to the Internet.
Find Status of HP OJ Pro 8720 Print Job
- Access the notification area to monitor jobs in the print queue
- Pick your job, and then select the printer section of the menu to view the status.
- Accessing the notification area may vary based on your mobile device.
Steps to Cancel Print Job in HP OJ Pro 8720
- ou can cancel your print job directly from your smartphone. To view print jobs, open the notification area by swiping down the top of the screen, select the print job, and then choose the Cancel button.
- According to your mobile device, accessing the notification area may vary in HP Officejet Pro 8720 Setup.
Instant Fax HP Officejet Pro 8720 Setup
Here are the instructions that let you know how to organize the printer for fax.
Step 1: Requirements for HP Officejet Pro 8720 Fax Setup
Scrutinize that all the requirements have been met prior to setting up your printer to fax
- Avail an active telephone landline.
- Setup the ink cartridges on the printer.
- Mount new white paper in the input tray.
- Get the telephone cord and adapter that came along with the 123.hp.com/ojp8720 printer box.
Step 2: Configure the Fax on HP Officejet Pro 8720 Printer
- Configure the Fax on HP 8720 printer Fix the telephone cord and alter the ring settings from the printer’s control panel
- After connecting a telephone cord, configure the ring settings from the printer control panel.
- Make use of the instructions below to set up the fax on your printer
- Unplug the telephone devices from the phone jack where your HP Officejet Pro 8720 Setup is linked to.
- Disconnect the yellow plug from the port labeled 2- EXT on the printer’s posterior side.
- Remove the answering machine’s power cord from the phone jack, and link it to the port labeled 2- EXT on the printer’s rear side.
- If any other phone cord is used instead of the one which came along with the printer to link the printer, the fax job might not be successful.
- Access the control panel of the printer, scroll the display to the left to select Setup.
- Slide the display up, select Fax Setup Setup Wizard and then follow the guides to setup your 123.hp.com/ojpro8720 printer for faxing.
Step 3: Configure Basic Fax Settings in HP OJ Pro 8720 Printer
Modify the default settings based on your requirements. Make use of the instructions below to alter a few settings.
Include contacts to phonebook
Employ the instructions below to add a new contact to the phone book.
- Open the control panel of the HP Officejet Pro 8720 Setup printer and then select Fax
- Tap on the Phone Book icon ().
- Navigate to the Phone Book Contact icon ()
- Click Name, index the name and then select the Done option.
- Choose Fax Number, and then enter the fax number of the contact, click Done.
- Select Add.
Configure the dial type
Ensure that the dial typesetting on your phone corresponds to the type of dialing used in the phone settings. Your printer cannot call other fax systems in case the dial type does not support.
- Access your printer control panel, slide on the screen to the left and select Setup ().
- Tap on the next screen, and select Fax Setup
- Slide on the display, select Dial Type.
- Choose Tone or Pulse.
Fax speed setup
The fax speed can be set to slow, medium, or fast according to the necessity. The fax failure can be minimized if the speed is set to slow, but the fax job needs a longer time to complete.
- Slide your display to the left on the HP Officejet Pro 8720 Setup printer control panel and then click Setup.
- Scroll the display up, select Fax Setup
- Slide the display, and then click on the Speed option.
- Choose Slow, Medium, or Fast.
Fax volume setup
Configure the fax ringer volume to soft or loud, or turn off the volume.
The fax ringing volume can be fixed to soft or loud, or mute it.
- Access the control panel, swipe the display on the left and choose Setup.
- Click Fax Setup by sliding on the display, and then click Preferences.
- Slide up to the display, and then click on Fax Volume.
- Choose Soft, off or loud.
Step 4: Take a fax test
Fax test should be carried out to confirm that the fax setup is done correctly.
- Choose Setup -> Fax Setup -> Tools -> Test
The fax test report prints successfully.
- Look at a glance at the Fax Test Report.
- If the report displays that the HP Officejet Pro 8720 Setup passed the test but the printer still has faxing issues, verify the fax settings listed in the report to ensure that the settings are proper. Incorrect or blank settings can cause fax problems.
- In case the report displays that the printer failed the test, take a look at the report for detailed information about fixing the fax issues.
HP Officejet Pro 8720 How to Scan?
- To scan the file, insert the desired file on the scanner glass, in the automatic document feeder or in the document feeder slot, according to your Setup type and features.
- Find Solution center.
- In case HP Solution Center displays, pick the printer name on the list.
- In case HP Solution Center does not display, go to our website and then click Software and Driver Downloads, and then index the printer model. From the Driver-Printer Installation software, tap Download next to the full feature driver.
- At some point, if the full feature printer driver does not display, the printer does not support HP Solution Center software.
- Click on the Scan Document or Scan Picture option to view the available scan shortcuts and settings option.
- Pick one of the shortcuts that match the file type and the action you prefer.
- Adjust any of the shortcuts default settings on the right side of the window, if required.
- Click Advanced Picture Settings or Advanced Document Settings to modify any available settings such as quality and resolution.
- Select Save to file save options to modify the folder where the scans are stored, set scan file names, and choose what happens after you save the scan.
- Click Scan. Your HP Officejet Pro 8720 Setup printer scans the file and a scan preview window opens on the system.
- Select the scanned document to make further changes, and then click on the Finish option to save the scanned file.
- You can view the scan by opening the folder in which you stored the scan, and then double-click the file to open it.
- Mount plain paper in the printer input tray, in case the paper is not already loaded.
- Confirm that you switch on your HP Officejet Pro 8720 printer.
- Lift the scanner lid.
- Insert the original document or image with the print side downward on the scanner glass, and then position it based on the engraved guides around the glass.
- Close the scanner lid.
- Choose Start Copy Black button or the Start Copy Color button on the control panel to begin the copy job.
- To increase the number of copies, click on the Start Copy Black or the Start Copy Color button once, for the copy that you want to print in HP Officejet Pro 8720 Setup.