123.hp.com/oj8040 Printer Setup
Instant 123.hp.com/oj8040 Setup from our technical experts.
How to Setup HP Officejet 8040 Printer?
Step 1 : HP Officejet 8040 First Time Printer Setup
- After the printer is discharged from the box, eliminate all tape and packing materials as well as any labels on the control panel of the HP Officejet 8040 printer.
- Unlatch the scanner lid & ink cartridge access door to relegate all tape and packing materials.
- Pull out the input tray, relegate the output tray, and then expel all tape and packing materials from the photo tray.
- With the paper tray tugged out, thrust in the photo tray.
- Fix in the paper width guides, inside the input tray.
- Exchange the output tray on the 123.hp.com/oj8040 paper tray, and then push in the input tray until it locks into place.
Take off the printer from the box, and then take away all tapes, stickers, and packing materials present inside the printer.
Step 2 : Connect PowerCord & Customize Choices
- Attach the power cord to the dorsal of the printer, and then slap in the other edge of the power cord into an electrical crater.
- Power on the HP Officejet 8040 printer.
- Go to the printer control panel, select on language, country / region, time & month day, year, and then click on the Continue option.
Step 3 : Mount Paper into the Main Input Tray
- Push the input tray & drag in the photo tray.
- On the input tray snap in the paper width guides as much as possible.
- Tug in the input tray until it fits into its place. If the tray is not aligned into place, paper jams can occur.
Step 4 : Fix the HP OJ 8040 Ink Cartridges
- Get access to the cartridge access door and then raise it up. The Door Open screen exhibits on the printer control panel with the message ‘The cover or door must be locked to print.
- A Change Ink option can exhibit on the screen. If required, tap on the Change Ink option.
- Place the new cartridge at an upward angle.
- To lodge the tri-color 123.hp.com/oj8040 cartridge place it into the left slot.
- To lodge the black cartridge place it into the right slot.
- Fix the cartridge access door. When the door is fully closed, the Door Open screen with the message ‘The cover or door must be closed to print may appear on the screen.
- For the alignment page to exhibit follow the below steps.
- Ratify you have loaded enough plain white paper into the paper tray.
- Click on the set up on the Officejet 8040 printer control panel.
- Click on the Printer Maintenance option, and then select the Align Printer option.
- Trail the directions on the control panel to finish the alignment procedure. Once it is done click on OK.
- Your HP Printer hardware is installed successfully.
Free HP Officejet 8040 Driver & Manual Download
As soon as you install all the hardware and accessories that comes with the printer, you have to look for a perfect 123.hp.com/oj8040 printer driver and software to install on your Windows/ Mac computers, and make the most of your printer. We provide detailed instructions on how to install the printer driver for both Mac and Windows computer. Driver is necessary to initiate and perform printer functions.
123.hp.com/oj8040 How to Scan?
Learn how to scan a photo or a document using the selections present on the printer control panel. For scanning or to take photo or document from the printer’s control panel, ratify that the computer is on, the full-feature printer driver is mounted, and the 123.hp.com/setup 8040 printer is linked to the computer with a USB cable or over your local wireless network.
How to Save and Handle Paper to Avoid HP Officejet 8040 Paper Jam?
To prevent recurrent paper jams and uphold the best print quality, it is essential to protect the 123.hp.com/oj8040 printer paper from damage caused by indecorous handling, storage or extremes in temperature, and humidity. Trail the guidelines and steps in this document for handling and loading the paper you use in your printer.
Step 1 : Use Paper that the Printer’s Specifications
Prior to ordering the paper, verify the paper-handling specifications for your printer, and then ensure that you purchase paper that matches those specifications.
Step 2 : Feed Printer Paper in a Controlled Environment
Feed your printer paper in an enclosed space that is flat, dry, and easily accessible. Trail the guidelines provided to save your printer paper from damage, prevent paper jams, and preserve the quality of HP OJ 8040 your printed documents.
HP Officejet 8040 Troubleshooting Issues with Printer Apps
There was a trouble connecting to the server error message exhibits
This document describes issues that can occur with printer apps and how to troubleshoot them.
Step 1 : Shut Down and Reopen the Printer Applications
Make use of the officejet 8040 printer app. If the issue lasts, go to the next step.
Step 2 : Use the HP Officejet 8040 Printer App Later
Make use of the printer app later when HP Web Services is accessible.
Step 3 : Affirm the Printer is Connected to the Appropriate Wireless Network
If your printer is not linked with a working Internet connection, printer apps do not function properly. In the 123.hp.com/oj8040 printer display, ingress the Wireless network or Settings menu to affirm that the wireless signal is activated. Read More…