123.hp.com/oj6954 Copying Documents and Photos
- To yield copies of a print document and photos using black and color ink. To perform follow the steps below:
- Switch on the 123.hp.com/oj6954 printer. Position the item on the scanner glass or into the ADF based on the printer features.
- While placing the document,ensure that the printed side faces upwards and the top edge moves into the tray first.
- Modify the paper width guides to fit against the edge of the paper in case placed in the ADF tray.
- Make sure that you do not insert photos in the Automatic Document Tray to avoid the damage of photos.
- In case you are placing the original item on the scanner glass, place it in accordance with the engraved guides around the glass.
- Once you have completed the above the procedures,seal the scanner lid. Make use of the copy menu on the printer’s control panel.
- On the home screen of the printer’s control panel,tap Copy. Tap keypad to input a number on the copy the desired number of copies.
- Tap Settings and then select the Advanced Copy Settings. Choose 2-sided copying on or off option.
- Alter the copy settings,if available. Tap Back to revert to home screen.Tap Start Black or Start Color to begin the copy job.
123.hp.com/oj6954 Driver installation
As soon as you install all the hardware and accessories that comes with the printer, you have to look for a perfect printer driver and software to install on your Windows/ Mac computers, and make the most of your 123.hp.com/oj6954 printer. We provide detailed instructions on how to install the printer driver for both Mac and Windows computer. Driver is necessary to initiate and perform printer functions.
123 HP Officejet 6954 USB printer Setup
Configure the printer for a USB cable connection for Windows and Mac operating systems. To avail the supported features for USB connection,you need to install the full feature 123.hp.com/oj6954 printer driver.
- To organize the printer for the USB setup,examine the prerequisites for the connection process.
- Switch on the printer.Make use of a cable less than 3 m in length and examine whether the cable is defective.
- In case the cable is defective,change the cable to avoid the issues with the USB process.
- In case you link the printer to a USB hub or docking station,the printer may not get sufficient power to work properly.
- Detach the printer’s USB cable from the system. Ensure that you do not re-link the cable until urged at the time of driver installation.
- In Windows,look for ‘devices’ and then choose the Devices and Printers control panel settings in the list of available results.
- Now,you need to right-click on the printer model, choose Remove device. In case multiple icons are present in the 123.hp.com/oj6954 printer,discard all of them.
- End the devices and Printers window.If the printer urges you to download the driver. Download the latest one from our website.
- Examine the prerequisites for the printer for the USB connection setup and driver installation.
- Switch on the printer.Acquire a USB cable that must be less than 3 m in length.Check whether the cable is defective.
- If the cable is faulty,replace it.In case the 123.hp.com/oj6954 printer is linked using a USB cable or docking station, it may not get sufficient power for operating.
- Detach the printer’s USB cable from the system. You should not relink the cable until urged at the time of installation.
- In accordance with the printer and version of the operating system version, the full feature driver gets downloaded in the system.
- Navigate to our website to download the latest version of the printer driver and software in the system.
- In case Installing a Mac Printer Driver using Apple Software Update screens , the upgrade to the driver is done automatically done.
- Once you have downloaded the driver,select the mode of connection as USB. Include the printer’s name and start printing
Printer is offline
- Examine whether the default driver has been modified. If so,change the latest printer driver installed.
- Make an attempt to reconfigure the printer and examine the network connection status of the printer.
- For the Wireless connection,ensure that the wireless icon is on and stable. For the Wired connection,the green light should be solid.
- In case the driver is using an inappropriate communication port,the printer remains offline . So, connect to the correct port.
- If there are any recent updates for the printer firmware,you need to update the 123.hp.com/oj6954 printer firmware might solve the issue.
- Exclude the printer’s name from the list of available devices and then include it again using HP Printing software.
- In case you are using a guest network for connection process, due to security features the printers will be prevented from printing.
- Ensure that the printer and system is placed close to each other to attain the maximum signal strength.
- Verify whether the connection between the printer and the Mac system is proper.
- In case the 123.hp.com/oj6954 printer uses a USB connection,detach the USB cable and then link it again to the Mac system.
- In case the printer is connected over the network,examine whether the printer’s name is listed.
- If the printer’s name is not enlisted,exclude it from the list and then include it again by selecting Add.
- Make an attempt to reconfigure the printer to reset the stored values.This helps you to solve the issue.
- Examine whether there is any device which is in idle status. If so,exclude the extra entries in the available printers list.
- Delete the print queue from the list of available printers and then include it again. This generates a new printing session.
- 8ry to access to another Mac and the link the printer using the same connection type. If it works,the issue is with the system.
Scan and Fax issues
Improve Scan Quality Issue
- Make use of a clean and moist cloth to clean dust and debris from the scanner glass or ADF tray to solve the issue
- In certain cases,the document feeder cleaning cloth is shipped. Use the cloth,wipe the document feeder using it and begin the start job.
- Make an attempt to recustomize the printer,unlink the power cable from the printer’s hindside and from the electrical socket.
- Refrain from proceeding for a second. Connect one end of the power cable back into the printer’s rear and the other end to the wall socket.
- Position the original document or photo and then make an attempt to scan. In case the issue persists,proceed to the next step
- Modify the Scan settings from a Windows operating system using the HP printer Assistant software installed in the system.
- For a Mac operating system,modify the scan settings using the HP Easy Scan or HP Scan Software.
- In case the issue persists,call our technical support team to solve the improve the scan quality.
Improve Fax quality Issue
- Utilize a clean and damp cloth to wipe dust and smudges from the scanner components to resolve the issue.
- Make sure that the ADF rollers are open for at least two minutes to permit it to dry and then insert it back.
- Try to reconfigure the printer,detach the power cable from the printer’s rear and from the wall socket.
- Halt for a second.Link the power cable back into the printer’s rear and to the wall socket.
- Place the original document or photo and then make an attempt to scan.If the issue continues,move to the next step.
- Now,try to lower the fax speed,choose Basic Fax settings or Advanced Fax settings.Choose Speed->Slow.
- Modify the Error Correction Mode Settings. Access the Fax menu->Basic Fax settings->Error Correction Mode->On or Off.
- Try to update the printer firmware. You can update straight from the printer or download it from our website.
We are third-party service providers of different hardware, software, and other devices. We are an independent company, and do not have any association with top printer brands. The images, trademarks, videos included in this site are only for reference and information purposes. We don’t claim any ownership of them.123.hp.com/oj6954