Configure your 123 HP Officejet 5746 printer over a wireless network for Windows
Employ the below to set up your wireless capable printer over a local wireless network.
Step 1 : Prep your printer for the installation process
Prior to setting up your 123 HP Officejet 5746 printer over the wireless network, obtain the name of your network and password and then make certain that the router, printer, and system are powered up.
- Satisfy the required criteria.
- The name of the network is also the Service Set Identifier.
- The password of the network may also be called as WEP key or WPA security passphrase.
- Connect your system to the wireless network.
- Make use of broadband Internet access.
- Switch on your system and the printer. Ratify that you link your printer and the computer to the same wireless network. Locate the printer and the computer as close as possible and within the range of the router at the time of setup procedure.
- Disconnect any USB or Ethernet cable from the printer’s hind side.
Step 2 : Connect to the wireless network
Track the steps to employ the printer’s incorporated Wireless 123 HP oj5746 Setup Wizard to find the name of your network and index in the network password.
- Turn on your HP printer.
- In your printer display, tap the Wireless icon. The Wireless Summary screen gets prompted.
- Touch the Settings button and then click Wireless Settings.
- Select Wireless Setup Wizard and then make use of the instructions on the printer display panel to connect the printer to the wireless network.
Step 3 : Step-by-step procedure to download and install the printer driver software
Make use of the procedure to download and install the complete feature software from our web page. When it is instructed, tap Wireless as the connection type.
- Turn on your printer.
- In case your 123.hp.com/oj5746 printer is linked to the system using USB, disconnect the cable from your corresponding HP printer.
- Look at our web page and then pick Software and Driver Downloads.
- Choose Download which is followed by the full feature driver, or choose Basic Drivers for alternate driver options.
Configure the 123 HP Officejet 5746 printer over a wireless network for your Mac device
You can employ the same procedure to set up your wireless printer over a local wireless network.
Step 1 : Arrange your printer for the installation
- Ratify that you are ready with the articles that are listed below, before configuring your HP printer over your wireless network.
- Service Set Identifier is the name of the network.
- The password of your network password may also be called as WEP key or WPA security passphrase.
- Organize your system to enable connection over the Wireless network. Make use of the broadband Internet access.
- Boot up your system and your HP printer, make certain that your printer and the system are linked to the same wireless network. Locate your computer within the range of the router at the time of the 123 HP oj5746 Setup process.
- Disconnect any USB or Ethernet cable from the printer.
Step 2 : Join the printer to the wireless network
- You can have a glance at the procedure to make use of the Wireless 123 HP oj5746 Setup to link the printer to the wireless network.
- Power up your printer.
- In the control panel of your printer, tap the Wireless icon. The Wireless Summary screen gets prompted.
- Select the Settings button and then choose Wireless Settings.
- Tap on Wireless Setup Wizard, and then go through the guides on the control panel to connect the 123.hp.com/oj5746 printer to your wireless network.
Step 3 : Download and setup the desired software
- Turn on the printer and then unlink the cable from the computer.
- Go to our website and then select Software and Driver Downloads.
- If required, choose a method to detect the printer model and then click the Download option.
- Employ the instruction so that you can easily install the software. When it is urged, click Add printer to initiate a print queue on the Mac device.
- Pick the corresponding printer name, click on the Use or Print Using option, choose the name of the printer in the list, and then select Add.
- Revert to the HP installer to complete the installation process.
Substituting ink cartridge on your HP Officejet 5746 printer
Substitute the ink cartridge at the time the ink level is low or empty, to evade from poor print quality and some other print related problems.
Ink cartridge replacement
Employ the detailed procedure to replace the ink cartridge on the 123.hp.com/oj5746 printer.
Step 1 : Replace the existing cartridge with a new cartridge on the printer
Eliminate the old cartridge from the 123 HP Officejet 5746 printer and replace the old cartridge with a fresh one.
- Turn on your HP printer. If required, press the power button to turn on your 123 hp oj 5746 printer.
- Hold the lid of the printer.
- The carriage needs to slide to the right side of the printer and the printer must be steady prior to performing the next step.
- Drag out the ink cartridges to take it out and then pull it out of the cartridge access slot.
- If you are substituting the tri-color cartridge with a new one, remove the cartridge from the left slot.
- If you are substituting the black ink cartridge with a new one, remove the cartridge from the right side slot.
- Unseal the packing material around the new cartridge and drag the pink colored tab. This helps you remove the protective packing from your cartridge.
- The ink cartridge should be placed in such a way that the copper strips needs to face the printer and are on the bottom side.
- Grasp the ink cartridge at a raised angle and slide it into the cartridge access slot till you hear the click sound of the cartridge getting fixed into the correct place.
- The black ink cartridge needs to be installed on the right side slot.
- The tri-color cartridge needs to be installed on the left side slot.
- Make certain that the top cover is shut prior to proceeding.
If you still face the problem with your 123.hp.com/oj5746 printer then call us on our toll-free number to resolve your problems and issues.
HP Officejet 5746 print job stuck in print queue
Your printer will not be able to print from a system if a particular print job may be stuck in the windows print queue. In case this print job remains in the queue, this prevents further print jobs from printing. Choose Cancel on the print job in the queue then it does nothing.
Step 1 : Cancel the print jobs and restart it
While you send the print job to the HP printer, it creates a file in Windows on its own. In some cases, the sent files might get faulty and create problems. To reboot your print settings, cancel the print jobs and restart both your system and your 123 hp oj 5746 printer.
- Shut down your HP printer. Unplug the printer power cable from the electrical outlet.
- Save your files. After employing these procedures, the recent print jobs will be lost and they need to be printed again.
- You can access Windows Services by choosing any one of the following techniques: Search for services, and pick Services in the listed results.
- Press Windows key on your keyboard, type as services.msc in the window tab that gets screened and then choose Ok.
- Have an overview of the list of services and choose then name of your Print Spooler.
- Right-tap on Print Spooler and then tap Stop.
- After disabling the service shut down the service window and employ the Windows Explorer to browse to C:\Windows\System32\Spool\PRINTERS.
- Eradicate all files saved within the PRINTERS folder.
- Shut down your system.
- Ratify that your printer has been disconnected for a minute and then plug in the power cord into a power outlet.
- Boot up your printer and your system.
- Try to print your desired document.
- If your HP 123 HP Officejet 5746 printer prints, you are done with your task.
- If the print job becomes stuck, pursue doing the next step.
Step 2 : Activate HP Print and Scan Doctor
HP Print and Scan Doctor discovers and rectifies the printing and scanning problems. It hastily and mechanically carries out many troubleshooting activities known to resolve the issue.Follow the trails prompted on the display in HP Print and Scan Doctor to find and repair the 123 HP Officejet 5746 printer issues by itself. Once after finding and repairing the issues, print your essential document or images.
- If the printer prints your document, you are completed with your printing task.
- If the print job is stuck again, proceed to do with the next step.
Step 3 : Procedure for Printer driver re-installation
If the print job gets stuck again at the time of printing, reboot the printing software files by eradicating and installing the 123 hp oj 5746 printer driver again.
- If the 123 HP Officejet 5746 printer links to the system via USB cable, detach the USB cable from the printer.
- Browse for devices and Printers, select Devices and Printers in the results.
- Right-click the printer button, and then select the Remove Device option.
- Start your system.
- Visit our web page and go to Software and Drivers to find and download printer software that suits the model of your HP printer.
- Install the software by following the prompts.
- If you link using a USB connection, connect the cable when it is prompted to do so at the time of software installation.
- Print the desired document.
- If your 123 HP Officejet 5746 printer expels a sheet after printing then you are done.
- If the print job stuck again, give us a call on our toll-free number our technical support team will guide you to rectify your issues.
We are third-party service providers of different hardware, software, and other devices. We are an independent company, and do not have any association with top printer brands. The images, trademarks, videos included in this site are only for reference and information purposes. We don’t claim any ownership of them.123.hp.com/oj5746