HP Officejet Pro 8724 Troubleshooting
Step 2: scrutinizing the printer driver settings
The printer driver settings are to be scrutinized. Choose the paper type which can yield the best quality printing. Quick speed can be attained by printing the document using Plain paper in Normal or Draft quality.
- Go to Windows and browse for Device and Printers in the shown result.
- Double- press the printer icon.
- Double- press the Set Preference option.
- Identify the paper type info.
- You are supposed to choose Plain paper under the Paper type area option.
- You are supposed to tap the Draft or Normal option listed under the Quality Settings area.
- The changes can be saved by using Ok or Apply. Once it is done, log out from the printer driver window and then from the Devices and Printers screen.
Try to print the document. If the problem persists, then proceed to the next step.
Step 3: installing the driver for the printer
The cable which you used to connect the printer to the computer must be removed.
- Search for Programs and features below Windows and the select Programs and Features in the exhibited list.
- The installed programs list will be displayed from where you have to select your printer name and tap on the Uninstall or Yes option.
- The entire software from the system can be removed if the prompts are followed.
- The system must be rebooted.
Step 4: Reinstall the printer software
Direct to our website once the uninstallation process gets over and then use the prompts to complete the uninstallation process. Go ahead with the prompts to download and install the updated printer driver.
If the printer still faces the problem, you are supposed to follow the succeeding HP Officejet Pro 8724 Troubleshooting techniques.
Step 5: Setting the printer firmware up- to- date
Avail the firmware updates from our website.
- Ratify that the printer is powered on and it is connected to the computer you are using. The link is to be established by means of a USB cable.
- Browse our website and then go along with the Software and Drive Downloads option. Subsequently, key in the printer model number.
- Pick out the operating system, if required.
- Choose the appropriate Firmware followed by clicking on the Download option.If the update for the printer firmware is currently unavailable, there are no updates available for the printer firmware.
- Tap on Use HP Download and Install Assistant, choose Next and then go ahead with the install now option.
- If the serial number is screened, choose the serial number of the printer and then tap on Update option.
- If the serial number is screened on the exhibited list but the status is not available, then it is not necessary to update the printer firmware. Tap on the Cancel option.
- If the serial number is not screened in the exhibited list, and the printer operates by a network connection, bind the printer to the computer using a USB cable, hold on for a while, and then go with Refresh option.
- When the updates get completed, press Ok.
- The USB software which is installed on your computer should be uninstalled if you had used USB connection type previously.
- Search for Devices and Printer under Windows, and then select Devices and Printers from the sorted list.
- Do right- click on the USB printer that corresponds to the printer which you are using and then go with the Remove device option.
- The USB cable should remain unplugged.
- Try to print a sample document. If the printing issue exists, you have to follow the remaining steps provided in this document.
Step 6: Examine the current network status
Here you go with many tips and tricks necessary for those customers who encounter slow printing issues. Take a look at this and get your printer free from the HP Officejet Pro 8724 Troubleshooting issues.
- The wireless signal strength should be examined from the system. This can be done by selecting the wireless connection icon from the Windows taskbar. The hardware used for the network connection should be kept nearer to each other to attain high signal strength.
- If the printer is linked to the computer by means of an Ethernet cable, ensure that the cable connection is kept secured.
- The router should undergo a restart by detaching the Ethernet cable. Once it is done, hold on for a while and then activate the printer connection with the cable again.
Steps to free the paper from the carriage jam
The below document helps you to free the printer from the carriage jam issue.
When the printer carriage is unable to slide, your printer might screen a carriage jam error.
Solution 1: Printer reboot
Take a look at the prompts and learn to boot up the printer easily.
Step 1: Reboot the printer
The printer should be allowed to reboot. Here are the simple steps to boot up the printer.
- Long press the power button to restart the printer.
- If the printer is not reset by long pressing the power button, the power plug should be unplugged Pause for a minute.
- The cable that was detached earlier must now be plugged in.
- Now, press the power button to switch on the HP printer.
Step 2: Allow the printer to print the status report
In general, the hardware functionality of your printer is examined by allowing the printer to print a Printer Status Report.
Here are the steps to make your printer print a status report.
- It is necessary to load unused paper into the HP paper feed tray.
- Access the printer’s control panel to tap on the Setup icon.
- Go with the Reports option, by swiping the display to the next screen.
- Click on the Printer Status Report option to print a report.
A paper jam on the slider leads to the carriage jam block. Track the prompts to get rid of the paper jam from the printer.
Step 1: Empty the paper from the output tray
Reach the obstructed paper from outside, and then go ahead with the instructions to remove the paper from the output tray.
- The unused papers that remain in the input tray should be discarded.
- Drag out the output tray.
- The input tray should be slid to its outermost position.
- Take away all the papers that remain in the input tray.
- The output rollers should be made free from the papers. Use both hands to avoid tearing of the paper when it is removed.
- Pull out the paper tray, place the output tray and re- insert it again.
Step 2: Clear away the paper from the input tray
- Follow the same instruction which were described in Empty the paper from the output tray section.
- Remove the jammed paper and then re- insert plain paper into the tray.
- Align the paper width guides in such a way that they touch the paper and then slide the input tray into its place.
- Replace the output tray by pulling onto the input tray. If the HP Officejet Pro 8724 Troubleshooting issues have not been resolved, proceed to the next step.
Step 3: Free your paper path and the access area from the jammed paper.
Go through the steps given to remove the jammed paper from the paper path and cartridge access area inside the printer. The below let you discard the jammed paper from the access area and the paper path.
- The printer should be kept on.
- The HP printer’s ink cartridge door should be accessed.
- Let the printer be in idle mode for a few minutes.
- The power cord from the printer’s rear end should be detached when the printer is on. Subsequently, remove the power cord from the power supply.
- Make sure that you have disconnected the USB cable which is connected at the printer’s rear position.
- The jammed paper should be taken away with utmost care.
- Use a flashlight to ratify that no paper remains inside the printer.
- Replace the paper cover until it locks into place properly.
- Shut down the ink cartridge access door of the printer.
- It is time to link one end of the power cord to the printer and the other end to the power supply.
- Remove the USB cable, if it was used before to link the printer to the computer.
- Power off the printer.
Step 4: Locate the printer on a leveled surface
- Long pressing the power button lets you switch on the printer.
- Keep the printer on, remove one end of the power cord from the printer’s rear position and the other end from the power supply.
- The USB cable that is used to join the printer to the computer must be removed.
- The printer should be turned to its right side so that its bottom can be accessed.
- Use a flashlight to ratify that all the torn pieces of paper have been removed from the printer.
- Rotate the HP printer to a vertical position after inserting the input tray.
- The cable should be connected to the respective ends.
- The printer can be powered up now. Allow it to undergo a warm- up period.
- Pause until the printer finishes the warm- up session.
- Complete the above steps full stop subsequently, allow the printer to print the status report.
Solution 3: Replace the new ink cartridge after replacing the older one
The carriage jam is mainly resulted by improper alignment of cartridges or improper installation of cartridges. Ensure that the ink cartridges are properly placed. If you wish to install new ink cartridges, track the instructions provided. Once you have installed the new ink cartridge, make an attempt to print a Printer Status Report and verify whether the HP Officejet Pro 8724 Troubleshooting issues have been resolved.
Solution 4: Connect the printer directly to an electrical supply
Step 1: Making a direct connection to the printer
Proper carriage sliding can happen only when the power supplied to the printer is sufficient. Track the instructions provided to link the printer directly to the power supply and print a Status Report. If the issues have not been resolved, follow the next solution.
Solution 5: Boot up the entire printer configuration
Booting up the printer will delete all the configurations that were been done manually. Check and follow the instructions to reset the printer system. Make your printer print a Status Report after booting up the printer.
We are third-party service providers of different hardware, software, and other devices. We are an independent company, and do not have any association with top printer brands. The images, trademarks, videos included in this site are only for reference and information purposes. We don’t claim any ownership of them.