Quick Steps for 123.hp.com/ojpro8640 Printer Setup and Installation
You bought your 123.hp.com/ojpro8640 printer and would be excited to install it. For this purpose, you should follows certain steps so that the process goes in a smooth manner. There might be some guidelines included in the box that was shipped. It includes the steps for installing the software. You have to follow them carefully and in a specific sequence. But prior to setting up the 123 hp ojpro 8640 printer’s software, you have to install the hardware, the steps for which are given below:
HP Officejet Pro 8640 Unboxing
Step 1 : Unwrap the printer from the box
After taking away the 123 HP Officejet Pro 8640 printer from the box, don’t neglect to remove the packing materials from both inside and outside of the printer. Don’t forget to see the packaging for a list of things shipped in the box. You can take away the sticker available on the control panel display. The ink cartridge access door should be opened in an unhurried manner for removing all tapes and packing materials found inside the 123 HP ojpro8640 printer. Ensure that you shut the ink cartridge access door.
Step 2 : Set up the duplexer for use
- After taking the duplexer from the box, position it so the back faces you.
- Perform activities like grasping the duplexer by its sides, also ensuring that the roller is facing the printer. Position the duplexer in the back of the printer, and then push it into the 123.hp.com/ojpro8640 printer until it falls quickly into position.
- Now bring back the printer to its normal position.
- You may also install tray 2 if the option is provided.
Step 3 : Link the power cord and personlize your preferences
- Don’t attempt linking a USB at this point. If you wish to use a USB cable to link the printer to the computer, the installer urges you to link it at the correct time during the software installation.
- Link the power cord to the back of the printer, and then attach the other end of the power cord into an electrical outlet.
- Power o the HP OJ Pro 8640 printer.
- You can select your preferred language from the printer’s control panel.
- Swiping enables you to choose your country.
- You can customize the date, time, month, day, and year.
Step 4 : Fill paper into Tray 1
- Grasp the bottom of Tray 1, and then pull it out.
- After mildly touching the paper width guide tabs, adjust the paper width guides to their outermost positions.
- Mount plain white paper in the tray. Confirm that the 123 HP ojpro8640 print side is positioned in a downward manner and the short edge is forward.
- If necessary, adjust the paper width guides inward so that they are placed on the edges of the paper.
- Orient the tray toward the 123.hp.com/ojpro8640 printer until it clicks into place.
- Access the output tray extender, and then elevate the paper catch.
- Mounting paper into tray 2 is an optional method.
Step 5: Set up the ink cartridges for use
- Pull the slot available on the left side of the printer and access the ink cartridge access door.
- Give some time for the printer to be steady.
- The handling of the sides of the ink cartridge should be the focus now. Here, the nozzles should face towards the printer. Now place the ink cartridge into its slot, and the push it forward until it falls quickly and firmly into place.
- Ensure that the ink cartridge access door is shut.
- The printer will now align the cartridges and prints an alignment page.
- After the alignment is complete, the printer prints an alignment page.
HP Officejet Pro 8640 Driver Download
As soon as you install all the hardware and accessories that comes with the printer, you have to look for a perfect 123 HP Officejet Pro 8640 printer driver and software to install on your Windows/ Mac computers, and make the most of 123.hp.com. We provide detailed instructions on how to install the printer driver for both Mac and Windows computer. Driver is necessary to initiate and perform printer functions.
123.hp.com/ojpro8640 Printer Functions
HP Officejet Pro 8640 Printing
The way you mount envelopes is based on where the paper input tray is on your OJ Pro 8640 printer. The below-mentioned details are for both Windows and Mac.For Inkjet 123 HP Officejet Pro 8640 printers with a rear load tray: Front of envelope facing in the upward position and the flap to the the left side.
HP Officejet Pro 8640 Scan Setup
Avail HP scanning software or Windows apps to commence and edit scan activities straight from your computer. HP Scan software.The full feature driver for HP printers released in 2011 or later includes HP Scan software. You can performscan jobs from the computer, customize scan quality settings, store scans as PDF files, and many more.
HP Officejet Pro 8640 Fax Setup
In order to set up your printer for fax purposes, follow the steps below:Ensure that you completely configure the printer’s hardware before you arrange for your fax service.Depending on your area of residence, you can get the advantage of either a serial or parallel telephone system. The procedure for fax setup differs based on your phone system.
HP Officejet Pro 8640 Wireless Setup
A computer plugged to your wireless network, good internet access, proximity of the computer and printer, and the printer being within coverage of the router, are the essentials prior to arranging your OJ Pro 8640 printer for wireless setup. You needn’t have any USB or Ethernet cable linked to your printer at this point. The above essentials are applied for both Windows and Mac.
HP Officejet Pro 8640 Wireless Setup for Windows
- Open the Wireless Setup Wizard by tapping the Wireless icon > Setup > Wireless Settings > Wireless Setup Wizard.
- Select your network and type the network password.
- Once the 123.hp.com/ojpro8640 printer is connected to the wireless network, begin driver installation on your computer.
- Download the printer driver file by clicking the link given below and run it to view the installer window.
- Go ahead with the installer directions to complete the installation process.
- Locate your printer on the printer software and finish the procedure.
- Register your printer and activate its function.
HP Officejet Pro 8640 wireless setup for Mac
- Prepare your computer for the wireless printer setup by connecting it to a wireless network.
- Tap the Wireless icon on the printer’s LCD panel.
- Use the selection and arrow keys to select Settings > Restore Defaults > OK.
- Confirm the selection and repeat the above procedure except that this time select Wireless Setup Wizard.
- The printer is on the lookout for wireless networks nearby.
- Navigate to your wireless network to which your computer is connected and press OK.
- Key in your network password and go ahead with the on-screen instructions.
- Get the Mac compatible driver for 123.hp.com/ojpro8640 from our site.
- Complete the driver installation process following the on-screen instructions.
- Click Add Device on the Add and Verify Your Device window.
- Follow the directions to add your printer to the computer devices.
- Check if the printer was set up correctly by printing a test page.
HP Officejet Pro 8640 Troubleshooting Ink Cartridge Error
Step one : Insert the original in the ADF tray
- Review the condition of the original document.
- If required, adjust the paper width guides out as much as you can.
- Position the original print-side up.
- Mount the pages in the ADF tray until the printer identifies the paper and exhibits a message on the 123.hp.com Printer Control Panle.
- Adjust the paper width guides inward but see to it that you don’t push them very tightly.
(To know more about maintaining the ink cartridges of your printer and rectify the 123.hp.com/ojpro8640 fissue totally click on )Read More…