Easy HP Officejet Pro 8640 ePrint Setup
Using HP Officejet Pro 8640 ePrint Setup, print your document from anywhere using ePrint with an Internet connection. ePrint is a secure cloud-based service. You can just email the document or photo you want to print directly to your printer.
How to Setup HP Officejet Pro 8640 ePrint in Windows?
- Ensure that your HP printer supports HP ePrint.
- Confirm that the computer is linked to a wired or wireless network with an Internet connection.
- Ensure that your printer is connected to the Internet.
- In case your printer is linked with a wired connection, verify the cable and the printer’s Ethernet port lights. The green light (link) should be stable, and the (activity) orange light should flash when the cable is connected.
- In case your printer is linked with a wireless connection, ensure that the wireless feature is on, connect your printer and the computer to the same wireless network.
- Enable the Web Services from the printer’s control panel or the Embedded Web Server (EWS). It allows the 123.hp.com/ojpro8640 printer to communicate securely with web-connected printing services, like HP ePrint.
- Once you enable the Web Services, wait for the printer to print the Make the most of the printer or Important printer setup Instruction page.
- The information page provides an information about Web Services, and it includes either your printer’s email address or the printer claim code.
- At some point, there is a delay in printing the information page in HP Officejet Pro 8640 ePrint Setup.
- If you enable Web Services, but the page does not print, wait for 5 to 10 minutes. In case the printer does not print, turn off Web Services, and then turn it on again, to avail a new information page.
- Suppose the email address does not display on the information page, the printer’s email address is the printer claim code in addition to @hpeprint.com.
- Type the printer’s email address in the To: field.
- Enter a subject in the subject line. HP ePrint server might cancel the print job if the email subject is blank.
- The total size of the email must be 10MB or less, including attachments.
- Per email, the print job attachment should not exceed 10.
- List of supported file types: text, PDF, HTML, Microsoft word, Microsoft power point and Microsoft Excel.
- List of supported photo file types: .bmp, .gif, .jpg, .png and .tiff.
- Photos should be in a horizontal or vertical resolution of 100 pixels or higher.
- HP ePrint does not support duplex printing.
- You cannot print an email attachment without printing the email.
- Check the OS compatibility with HP ePrint software that saves your images or documents as a PDF with your Macintosh OS X versions 10.8 and advanced.
- Turn on Web Services on the printer to initiate cloud printing, which is optional. Enabling Web Services will print an information sheet that is required to create an HP Connected account. You can also print via the cloud to Web-connected printers.
- Notice the printer’s name and password created from the control panel.
- Navigate on our website to reach the HP Connected page.
- Click Sign up, type the email address (personal or work) that you provided at the time of registering the HP ePrint Software, and then fill the remaining fields, and click Create Account.
- Click on the Devices tab and choose to Add a Device in the HP Connected window.
- Enter the printer claim code from the previously obtained information page and choose Add.
- Get the email address of the printer from the Web Services tab in the printer’s Embedded Web Server (EWS).
- Check if your printer is already installed with the software so that the printer is installed with the new version. If not, follow these instructions in this step to download and eprint software for HP Officejet Pro 8640 ePrint Setup.
- Go to our website and download the HP ePrint software.
- Before you download, choose your operating system, click Download, and then save the file to your Mac computer.
- Open the HP-ePrint_v2.5.dmg file, double-click HP ePrint Installer, and then click Continue.
- Click the checkbox Agree to the license agreement and choose the PDF Workflow Item if prompted.
- Click Install and key in your password if prompted.
- You can now explore and print to your network-connected printers on the Direct tab.
- If you wish to print through a cloud-connected web printer, create an HP Connected account in HP Officejet Pro 8640 ePrint Setup.
HP Officejet Pro 8640 ePrint Setup in Mac
HP Officejet Pro 8640 ePrint Setup is a new technology developed by HP for the new generation printers that lets you print documents and images in a laser quality virtually from anywhere. All you need to have is a valid internet connection that connects your phone to the printer.