USB Printer Setup
Step 1 : Prep up for the 123 hp ojpro 8600 printer setup
- Inspect the following requisites and files prior to you proceed
- The printer is powered up and kept in a prepared state.
- Obtain a USB which is less than 3 m in length.
- If linked using a USB hub or docking station, your printer need not acquire the required power supply to function correctly.
Detach the printer USB cable from the system. Do not replug the cable unless you are instructed to do so at the time of installation. Choose devices and 123 HP Officejet Pro 8600 printers using the control panel display of your printer. Right-tap on the Remove device option. If various symbols displays for your printer, eradicate them all. Shut down the Devices and Printers window and then proceed doing with the next step.
Step 2 : Install the printer driver and configure the connection
- Fill in with the name of your HP printer model and then make use of the instructions to download your printer driver.
- If a driver or HP Easy commence with download, go through the guides to start the download file to begin the setup process. While you are requested to select a connection type, choose USB.
- If a driver download fails or the printer is not listed continue with the steps to install a printer driver from our website.
Enter the 123 HP ojpro8600 printer model, if it is suggested, and then examine that the operating system version is correct.While prompted by the installer to select a printer connection type, pick USB to proceed with and finish the setup procedure. Try to print, scan, or fax, corresponding to the printer functionality.
Step 1 : Prepare for the printer setup
- Examine the following requirements prior to you commence with the setup procedure.
- Turn on the printer and keep it in the prepped up state.
- Obtain a USB cable which is of 3 m or less than that in length.
- If you connect over a USB hub or docking station, the 123 HP Officejet Pro 8600 printer may not obtain ample power to operate properly.
Detach the printer USB cable from the system. Make certain that you do not replug the cable until you are recommended at the time of driver installation procedure.
Step 2 : Download the printer driver and configure the connection
- Index your printer model and then choose Start. Depending on the corresponding printer model and OS version, the printer driver installation application downloads, and then configure the full featured printer driver.
- In case Easy Start app downloads, trail the instructions to access the downloaded file to commence with the setup. While suggested to select a connection type, pick USB.
Enter your HP printer model, if requested, ratify that the operating system version is appropriate.When evoked by the installer to pick a printer connection option, click the USB option. From the Install screen, corroborate that the Scan or Easy Scan is chosen, if your 123 HP Officejet Pro 8600 printer is designed with an in-built scanner to activate full scan functionality.
While it is urged by the installer, opt for Add Printer to generate a print queue on the Mac and this starts the add window. Prefer your printer name, tap on the Use or Print Using menu, select the name of your printer in the pull-down list and then choose Add. Try to print, scan or fax a sample document, according to your 123 hp ojpro 8600 printer functionality.
123 hp ojpro 8600 Mopria Print Service
Print your files or documents by employing Mopria Print Service. Mopria is a mobile printing solution that consents you to print to Mopria-certified 123.hp.com/ojpro8600 printer from your mobile device.
Step 1 : Examine for the requirements
Prior to print wirelessly from your mobile device, ratify that you have the following articles
- A mobile device that functions with Android 4.4 or later or an HP Slate tablet running Android 4.1 or later.
- A Mopria- certified wireless 123 HP ojpro8600 printer or wireless printing accessory.
Step 2 : Ratify Mopria Print Service on your mobile device
From your mobile phone, ratify that the Mopria Print Service is installed already and if it is not, install it.
- From the Application manager on your mobile device, browse for Mopria Print Service.
- In case Mopria Print Service is obtainable in the Application manager, go to the step to link the 123 hp ojpro 8600 printer using the Mopria Print Service.
- In case Mopria Print Service is not available in the Application manager, proceed with these steps to download it.
- In your mobile phone, install or update the HP Print Service Plugin.
- Browse for Mopria and then tap on the Mopria Print Service option.
- Tap on the Back option.
- Pick Settings and then choose Printing.
- Directly go to Mopria Print Service and then pick on, if it is not already on.
Step 3 : Connect your printer with Mopria Print Service
Link your mobile device to the printer.
- From your mobile device, choose Settings Wi-Fi On, if it is not already on.
- Choose your corresponding printer or accessory.
- The app looks for nearby Mopria-compatible printers or accessories on its own.
Step 4 : Print your desired document with the Mopria Print Service
Print photos, documents or web pages from your smartphone fruitfully.
- From your mobile phone, access the document or image that you need to print.
- Choose the Menu icon and then tap on Print option.
- Opt for your Mopria-compatible 123.hp.com/ojpro8600 printer or accessory using Mopria Print Service listed below the name of the printer.
- Select your print settings like Paper size, Copies, Color, Orientation, and Pages.
- Available settings may differ according to your mobile phones.
- Pick Print.
- Once you are done with printing, revert to your wireless settings, and then pick the name of your network to restore your connection to the Internet.
Scrutinize the status of a print job employing Mopria Print Service
- Open the notification area to observe jobs in the print queue.
- Select your job, and then choose the 123 HP ojpro8600 printer section of the menu to look at the status.
- Opening the notification area may differ depending on your mobile phone.
Cancel your print job from the 123.hp.com/ojpro8600 printer
- You can cancel your print job straightly from your smartphone. To have a glance at the print jobs, access the notification area by swiping down the top of the screen, pick the print job, and then select the Cancel button.
- According to your mobile phone, accessing the notification area may differ.
123 HP ojpro8600 Troubleshooting
Can’t be able to print a document using the Mopria Print Service
If you discover any settings and connectivity problems, attempt to print using your Android device.
Step 1 : Switch on Mopria Print Service
Turn on Mopria from the phone settings menu.
- Open Settings.
- Tap on Printing option.
- Look for Mopria Print Service, and then choose On, if it is not already selected.
- Try to print your sample document.
If these procedures rectifies an issue, you do not need to continue troubleshooting steps.
Step 2 : Power up your mobile device, router and the printer
Rebooting the router, 123 hp ojpro 8600 printer and mobile phone may resolve the network- related printing issues.
- Turn off the printer.
- Examine with the router manufacturer for guide lines on how to turn off the router.
- Switch off your printer.
- Switch off the mobile phone.
- Power up the router and then wait for 30 seconds to consent it to finish its start-up process.
- Power up the mobile phone and then confirm that it connects to your wireless network.
- Power up your printer.
- Attempt to print a sample document.
If these procedures resolve the issue, you do not need to proceed with troubleshooting.
Step 3 : Connect your printer to the mobile device
Your printer and the mobile device must be linked to the same wireless network prior to print the document.
- Access the network settings directly from the printer’s control panel or print a network configuration report.
- Confirm that the wireless network name is the same as the name of the wireless network you use with your mobile device.
- Once your printer and mobile device are linked to the same wireless network and attempt to print your document.
If these steps resolved the problem, you do not need to continue troubleshooting.
Step 4 : Firmware updation for the printer and the router
Outdated printer or router firmware can cause mobile printing problems. Upgrade the firmware.
- Confirm that your printer has the latest firmware version installed.
- Ensure your router can forward mDNS packets and has the latest firmware.
- Try to print your sample document.
Procedure for Paper Mismatch Error
At the time of printing in envelopes or different paper sizes, one of the following error messages screens on the 123 hp ojpro 8600 printer display or on the system display:
- Paper Mismatch
- Paper Size Mismatch
The preceding error message screens to inspect that the ink is unutilized while paper settings in the 123 hp ojpro 8600 printer driver do not suit to the paper which is installed in the printer.
Step 1 : Modify the paper size setting
Scrutinize the paper size setting to ratify that it corresponds to the paper you need to print.
- Choose File and then pick Print from the program that you need to print.
- Make certain that the printer is in the Name or Printers pull-down list and then choose Properties, 123.hp.com/ojpro8600 Printer Properties or Preferences.
- Pick the Paper or Quality option.
- Select Advanced, if needed and then tap on Paper Size.
- Select the paper size that suits to the size and type of paper that is filled in the 123 hp ojpro 8600 printer input tray and then choose Ok. If there is no corresponding paper size that suits with your paper size then opt for the size from the list which is close to the paper size that is placed in the tray.
- Tap Ok and then attempt to print a sample document.
- If you face the same issue proceed doing with the next step.
Step 2 : Scrutinize the paper source setting
Take out and refill the paper in the input feeder tray, and then examine the paper source settings.
- Eliminate all the paper from all the printer input trays.
- Refill the papers and then adjust the paper width guides so they smoothly rest against the edge of the paper stack.
- Access the document that you need to print from, pick the File option, and then tap Print.
- Ratify that the printer is in the Name or Printers pull-down list and then choose Properties, 123 hp ojpro 8600 Printer Properties or Preferences.
- Tap on the Paper or Quality option and then choose Paper Source to pick the correct tray.
- Tap on Ok and then attempt to print the sample document.
Step 3 : Reboot the printer
- Power up your printer.
- Stay calm till the printer is inactive and hushed prior to you commence.
- Keeping your printer powered up, detach the power cable from the printer.
- Discard the power cable from the wall outlet.
- Stay for at least a minute.
- Attach the power cable to the electrical socket.
- Relink the power cable to the printer.
- Power up the printer, if it does not power on by itself.
- Stay until the warm-up period completes and the 123 hp ojpro 8600 printer is in inactive state and noiseless prior to you proceed.
We are third-party service providers of different hardware, software, and other devices. We are an independent company, and do not have any association with top printer brands. The images, trademarks, videos included in this site are only for reference and information purposes. We don’t claim any ownership of them.123.hp.com/ojpro8600