Fixing print quality issues
123 hp oj 7610 Try the following tips to fix print quality issues
- Always use genuine HP ink cartridges and toners. Using a non-reliable product may damage the printer parts and hence poor print quality issues arises.
- Complete the automatic servicing procedures. Doing it on a routine basis helps troubleshooting the issues like poor quality black text or issues that occur with newly installed black cartridge. Optionally, you can try to clean the print head.
- From the 123.hp.com/oj7610 printer control panel, tap the Right Arrow, and then tap Setup icon.
- Select Tools and then tap on Clean Printhead.
- Wait while the printer cleans the printhead and then prints a test page automatically.
- Check the type of paper you are using for different tasks like many papers are specifically designed for one side printing eg. Photo paper. Also, make sure that you are not using a wrinkled paper.
- Keep a regular check on the ink levels.
- Load plain white paper in the tray and touch the Right Arrow (), and then touch Setup from the control panel of the printer.
- Select Tools, and then tap on Display Estimated Ink Levels. The estimated ink level indicator displays on the control panel to give you the idea of the ink level remaining in the cartridges.
- Replace the empty or low level cartridges immediately.
- Get the 123 HP Officejet 7610 printer serviced on regular intervals.
Missed or failed print head
This error indicates the ink system failure, however you can try these two steps to troubleshooting
- Turn on the 123.hp.com/oj7610 printer and wait until the printer is ready to function.
- While the printer is turned on, detach all the power cords from the rear of the printer.
- Also, disconnect it from the wall socket power outlet.
- Wait at least 60 seconds.
- Plug the power cord back into the wall outlet.
- Attach the power cords to the rear of the printer.
- Switch on 123 hp oj 7610 printer and wait for a warm-up period to complete. The printer lights might blink, and the carriage might move.
Restart the printer
- Press the Power button to turn off and unplug all the power cords.
- Wait for 60 seconds.
- Plug the power cord to the rear of the printer.
- Press the Power button to turn on the printer.
Clear the jammed paper
- Switch on the printer.
- Go to the ink cartridge area by opening the access door on the top, the carriage will automatically move to the center of the printer.
- Wait until the 123 HP Officejet 7610 printer is ready to operate and silent.
- Now while the printer is switched on and at ready state, disconnect the power cord from the rear of the printer and unplug the power cord from the electrical power socket.
- Disconnect the USB cable from the back side of the printer.
- Softly remove any jammed paper from inside the 123.hp.com/oj7610 printer and try to pull out the papers firmly with both the hands to avoid half tearing of the sheets stuck inside.
- You may use a torch (Flashlight) to inspect the carriage area and remove dirt and jammed paper from here as well.
- Locate the paper path cover and then lift up to remove it by grasping the handle designed for the purpose.
- Check the paper path for any torn pieces of paper that might remain inside the printer. This needs to be done carefully and using a torch (Flashlight) is recommended.
- Place the paper path cover back it its place until it tucks in properly.
- Close the ink cartridge access door and check the closed notification on printer control panel.
- Connect the power cords to the printer and switch on the printer.
- Re attach the USB cable as well, if your printer is connected to a wireless network.
- The 123 hp oj 7610 printer might take a while to be at ready to operate status.
123 hp oj 7610 Printer offline
Follow the following instructions to get it online or connected to the network
Check the connectivity between the printer and Windows
- Download HP Print and Scan Doctor app, since it is known to solve several issues automatically related to connectivity.
- On your Windows screen home page, double click on the HP Print and Scan Doctor icon to open the tool.
- The Welcome Screen appears, click Start here.
- Choose your 123 hp oj 7610 Printer name and click Next. The Finding and Fixing Problems screen opens.
- Click on Fix printing option.
- The app starts the testing process:
- White checkmarks indicates that the printer passed the tests. Click Test Print or click Skip.
- White wrench indicates that Print and Scan Doctor found an issue and repaired it. Click Test Print or click Skip.
- Yellow exclamation points indicates that the test failed and required user action, but the step was skipped. Click Test Print or click Skip.
- A red X indicates to follow the on-screen instructions to resolve the issue.
Check the connectivity between the printer and the Mac
- Detach the USB cable and reconnect it again to the Mac.
- Turn off the printer through a power button and wait for five seconds.
- Detach the USB cable from the back of the printer where you see all the power ports.
- Turn on the printer. The 123 HP Officejet 7610 printer usually makes a little noise while powering on and might start printing some pages. Wait for the printer to become idle and to be at ready state.
- Wait for five seconds and then connect the USB cable to your printer. It might start printing again. Let it finish printing before you proceed for further steps.
- The 123 hp oj 7610 printer should show you online status now, try printing a page to check.
123-hp.net is an independent service provider and the mention of brands, names, images and trademarks are purely for reference. We do not claim ownership of them unless stated. We aim to provide solution to resolve HP printer related issues.123.hp.com/oj7610