Guidelines for Printer 123.hp.com/setup 5740 from our technical experts.
HP Officejet 5740 First Time Printer Setup
Install the below steps to set up the printer hardware before you download the printer software on the computer.
Step 1 : Relegate the HP OJ 5740 Printer from the Box
- After you discharge the printer from the box, expel all tape and packing materials as well as any labels on the printer control panel.
- Expose the scanner lid & ink cartridge access door to relegate all tape and packing materials.
- Tug out the input tray, take away the output tray, and then expel all tape and packing materials from the photo tray.
- With the 123.hp.com/setup 5740 printer paper tray drawn out, thrust in the photo tray in.
- Slip in the paper width guides, inside the input tray.
- Exchange the output tray on the paper tray, and then snap in the input tray until it locks into place.
Relegate the officejet 5740 printer from the box, and then take away all tape, stickers, and packing materials from inside the printer.
Step 2 : Slap in the Power Cord and Set Choices
- Slap in the power cord to the dorsal of the printer, and then slap in the other edge of the power cord into an electrical crater.
- Power on the printer.
- From the 123.hp.com/oj5740 printer’s control panel, tap on language, country/region , time & month day, year, and then click on Continue.
Step 3 : Place Paper into the Main Input Tray
- Tug the input tray & shove in the photo tray.
- On the input tray comma snap in the paper width guides as far as possible. Shove in the input tray until it fits into its place. If the tray is not positioned into place, paper jams can occur.
Step 4 : Place the Officejet 5740 Ink Cartridges
- Open the cartridge access door and then raise it up. The Door Open screen shows on the 123.hp.com/setup 5740 printer control panel with the message ‘The cover or door must be locked to print.
- A Change Ink option can appear on the screen. If wanted, tap Change Ink.
- Insert the new cartridge at an upward angle.
- To insert the tri-color cartridge place it into the left slot.
- To insert the black cartridge place it into the right slot.
- Lower the cartridge access door. When the door is fully closed, the Door Open screen with the message ‘The cover or door must be closed to print may appear on the screen.
- For the alignment page to happen follow the below steps.
- Assure that you have loaded enough plain white paper into the paper tray.
- Click set up on the printer’s control panel.
- Click Printer Maintenance, and then select Align Printer.
- Follow the directions on the control panel to finish the alignment procedure. After its done click on OK.
- Your 123.hp.com/setup 5740 printer hardware is now installed.
Free HP Officejet 5740 Driver & Manual Download
As soon as you install all the hardware and accessories that comes with the printer, you have to look for a perfect printer driver and software to install on your Windows/ Mac computers, and make the most of your printer. We provide detailed instructions on how to install the officejet 5740 printer driver for both Mac and Windows computer. Driver is necessary to initiate and perform printer functions.
123.hp.com/setup 5740 Scan
HP OJ 5740 Scan to a Computer, Email, or Memory Device
Study how to scan a photo or a document using the selections available on the 123.hp.com/oj5740 printer’s control panel. For scanning or to taking a photo or document from the control panel to your computer, ensure that the computer is on, the full feature printer driver is mounted, and the printer is associated to the computer with a USB cable or over your local wireless network.
How to Store and Handle Paper to Avoid HP OJ 5740 Paper Jam?
To help prevent recurrent paper jams and uphold the best print quality, it is vital to protect the 123.hp.com/setup 5740 printer paper from damage caused by indecorous handling, storage or extremes in temperature, and humidity. Track the guidelines and steps in this document for handling and loading the paper you use in your printer.
Use paper that encounters the printer’s specifications
Before you buy paper, evaluate the paper-handling specifications for your HP Officejet 5740 printer, and then ensure that you purchase paper that matches those specifications.
Stock printer paper in a controlled environment
Stock your printer paper in an enclosed space that is flat, dry, and easily accessible. Follow the below guidelines to save your printer paper from damage, prevent paper jams, and preserve the quality of your printed documents.
HP OJ 5740 Troubleshooting Issues with Printer Apps
Step 1: Close and Reopen the Printer Applications
Attempt to use the printer app. If the issue continues, go to the next step.
Step 2 : Attempt to use the Printer App Later
Attempt to use the printer app later when HP Web Services is accessible.
Step 3 : Check Whether the Printer is Connected to the Appropriate Wireless Network
If your printer is not associated with a working Internet 123.hp.com/setup 5740, printer apps do not work properly. In the printer display, access the Wireless network or Settings menu to make certain that the wireless signal is activated.