123 HP Officejet 5740
123 HP Officejet 5740 Specifications
- If you need a moderately priced inkjet MFP aimed more at office use than home use—for a home office, as a personal inkjet in a micro office, or for the dual role of home and home-office printer—the 123 hp oj 5740 e-All-in-One can be an excellent fit.
- It has some additionally, notable features like an automatic document feeder (ADF), NFC, an Ethernet port, and the ability to fax.
- It also turned out proved to be faster in our tests.
- The HP 5660 is targeted more for home use, but the 5740 can handle home printing tasks just as well. And with its additional features, it can do a much better job in a home office.
123 HP Officejet 5740 Features
- Basic MFP features for the 5740 include printing and faxing from, as well as scanning to, a computer and working as a standalone copier and fax machine.
- In addition, it can both scan to and print from memory cards and USB memory keys and lets you preview the images before printing on the front-panel 2.65-inch touch-screen LCD.
- Connection choices include USB, Ethernet, Wi-Fi, and Wi-Fi Direct.
- If you connect the printer to a network that’s connected to the Internet, you can take advantage of its ability to print through the cloud, as well as use HP’s print apps, which let you print from an assortment of websites by giving commands through the touch screen.
- If the network has a Wi-Fi access point, you can also connect through the access point to print from iOS, Android, Windows, Google Chrome, Kindle, and Blackberry smartphones and tablets.
HP Officejet 5740 First Time Printer Setup
Install the below steps to set up the printer hardware before you download the printer software on the computer.
Step 1 : Relegate the printer from the box
Relegate the printer from the box, and then take away all tape, stickers, and packing materials from inside the printer.
- After you discharge the printer from the box, expel all tape and packing materials as well as any labels on the printer control panel.
- Expose the scanner lid & ink cartridge access door to relegate all tape and packing materials.
- Tug out the input tray, take away the output tray, and then expel all tape and packing materials from the photo tray.
- With the paper tray drawn out, thrust in the photo tray in.
- Slip in the paper width guides, inside the input tray.
- Exchange the output tray on the paper tray, and then snap in the input tray until it locks into place.
Step 2 : Slap in the power cord and set choices
- Slap in the power cord to the dorsal of the printer, and then slap in the other edge of the power cord into an electrical crater.
- Power on the printer.
- From the 123.hp.com/oj5740 printer’s control panel, tap on language, country/region , time & month day, year, and then click on Continue.
Step 3 : Place paper into the main input tray
- Tug the input tray & shove in the photo tray.
- On the input tray comma snap in the paper width guides as far as possible. Shove in the input tray until it fits into its place. If the tray is not positioned into place, paper jams can occur.
Step 4 : Place the ink cartridges
- Open the cartridge access door and then raise it up. The Door Open screen shows on the 123 hp oj 5740 printer control panel with the message ‘The cover or door must be locked to print.
- A Change Ink option can appear on the screen. If wanted, tap Change Ink.
- Insert the new cartridge at an upward angle.
- To insert the tri-color cartridge place it into the left slot.
- To insert the black cartridge place it into the right slot.
- Lower the cartridge access door. When the door is fully closed, the Door Open screen with the message ‘The cover or door must be closed to print may appear on the screen.
- For the alignment page to happen follow the below steps.
- Assure that you have loaded enough plain white paper into the paper tray.
- Click set up on the 123.hp.com/oj5740 printer’s control panel.
- Click Printer Maintenance, and then select Align Printer.
- Follow the directions on the control panel to finish the alignment procedure. After its done click on OK.
- Your 123 HP Officejet 5740 printer hardware is now installed.
123.hp.com/oj5740 Driver & Manual
As soon as you install all the hardware and accessories that comes with the printer, you have to look for a perfect printer driver and software to install on your Windows/ Mac computers, and make the most of your printer. We provide detailed instructions on how to install the printer driver for both Mac and Windows computer. Driver is necessary to initiate and perform printer functions.
Officejet 5740 Scan
Scan to a Computer, Email, or Memory Device
Study how to scan a photo or a document using the selections available on the printer’s control panel. For scanning or to taking a photo or document from the control panel to your computer, ensure that the computer is on, the full feature printer driver is mounted, and the 123.hp.com/oj5740 printer is associated to the computer with a USB cable or over your local wireless network.
How to Store and Handle Paper to Avoid Paper Jams
To help prevent recurrent paper jams and uphold the best print quality, it is vital to protect the printer paper from damage caused by indecorous handling, storage or extremes in temperature, and humidity. Track the guidelines and steps in this document for handling and loading the paper you use in your printer.
Use paper that encounters the printer’s specifications
Before you buy paper, evaluate the paper-handling specifications for your 123 HP Officejet 5740 printer, and then ensure that you purchase paper that matches those specifications.
Stock printer paper in a controlled environment
Stock your printer paper in an enclosed space that is flat, dry, and easily accessible. Follow the below guidelines to save your printer paper from damage, prevent paper jams, and preserve the quality of your printed documents.
Troubleshooting Issues with Printer Apps
Step 1: Close and reopen the printer applications
Attempt to use the printer app. If the issue continues, go to the next step.
Step 2 : Attempt to use the printer app later
Attempt to use the printer app later when HP Web Services is accessible.
Step 3 : Check whether the printer is connected to the appropriate wireless network
If your 123 HP Officejet 5740 printer is not associated with a working Internet connection, printer apps do not work properly. In the printer display, access the Wireless network or Settings menu to make certain that the wireless signal is activated. Read More…
123-hp.net is an independent service provider and the mention of brands, names, images and trademarks are purely for reference. We do not claim ownership of them unless stated. We aim to provide solution to resolve HP printer related issues.123 HP Officejet 5740