INSTALL HP PHOTOSMART PLUS WIRELESS PRINTER
If you are installing the HP Photosmart Plus wireless printer for the first time, follow our instructions to do it in the right way. To install the printer at home or office, unpack the printer, connect the power adapter, choose your settings, load paper into the input tray, and install the ink cartridges. Let us start unpacking the printer.
Unpacking the printer
- Take out the printer from the packaging,
- Remove all the tapes, stickers and other packaging materials from the printer.
- Open the ink cartridge access door gently and remove the packing tape inside the printer.
- Take out printer accessories and other documents from the packaging.
- Ensure that no tape is left behind.
- Finally, close the ink cartridge door.
Turn on your printer
- Connect the power cord to the printer’s port and a wall outlet.
- Turn on the printer.
- Once you turn on your printer, it prompts you to select your language and region.
- Choose the desired language and confirm it.
- Likewise, choose the country/region and confirm it.
- Now, the printer prompts to set the time and date.
- Adjust the time and date using the control panel and confirm it.
Load paper into the input tray
- Flip up the photo tray.
- Move the paper guides to their outermost position.
- Load plain papers into the paper tray; do not over-feed papers.
- Adjust the guides until they rest against the paper edges.
- Close the paper tray and photo tray.
Install the ink cartridges correctly
- Open your HP printer’s ink cartridge access door.
- Gently remove the protective cap from the carriage.
- Peel off the plastic wrap from the ink cartridge.
- You need to remove the orange cap from the ink cartridges.
- The ink cartridge nozzle and contacts should face down. Gently push the cartridge into the slot. Do the same for other cartridges.
- When everything is set, close the ink cartridge door.
Install the HP Photosmart Plus wireless printer software
- Go to the official HP site and find the latest driver for your printer under the Software & drivers tab.
- You will be asked to choose the printer model and the operating system, so note those details beforehand.
- After downloading, install the driver by following the on-screen instructions.
Now your printer is almost ready for printing. The next thing you have to do is set up a connection between your printer and the computer or mobile devices.
So, these are the things you should be doing when you install the HP Photosmart Plus wireless printer for the first time.