Hp Smart Tank 7602 Setup
HP Smart Tank 7602 is an all-in-one printer that features cartridge-free printing, ADF, duplex printing, scanning, copying, and faxing functions. It comes with a magic touch panel and convenient connectivity options and delivers an outstanding print quality at a low cost/print.
This printer’s Automatic Ink Sensor feature enables you to check, refill, and maintain the ink tanks properly. It is ideal for home, school, office, and business-related printing, scanning, copying, and faxing.
This printer page covers everything related to the HP Smart Tank 7602 printer. The “first time setup” and “troubleshooting” are given in an easy-to-understandable format.
Continue reading this page to know more about the same.
Hp Smart Tank 7602 Unboxing Setup
“Looking to set up your HP Smart Tank 7602 printer for the first time?” Read the easy-to-do setup instructions given below and execute them as they are.
The HP Smart Tank printer’s first-time setup is pretty easy to perform. Unpack the printer if you haven’t done it yet. Now, turn on the printer and configure the initial settings. After doing that, install the HP Smart app on your smartphone or computer. Perform the prompts displayed on the app screen to complete the rest of the HP Smart Tank 7602 setup process.
Continue reading this page to know the entire setup process in detail.
Unpacking the printer
Unpack the printer to prepare it for the setup.
- Remove the outer tape from the product box and open its top cover.
- At the top of the product box, you can find the getting started guide and other hard copies related to the printer; take them out of the package.
- Remove the power cord and printer from the product box and place them aside.
- Take the printer out of the package bag and Styrofoam pieces (if present).
- Unpack the printer completely by removing all the packing tapes and materials from it.
- Ensure that the foam liner from the scanner glass is removed properly.
- Recycle the packing materials properly and go to the next step of the HP Smart Tank 7602 setup.
Configuring the initial settings
Switch on your HP printer and configure the initial settings.
- Take the power cord out of the package.
- Plug the cord from your HP Smart printer’s inlet to the electrical outlet.
- Don’t connect the USB cable now. Connect it only when you’re performing the USB setup and prompted by the installer file.
- Press the Power or ON/OFF button located at the front of your printer.
- Now, your printer will turn on.
- Don’t press the Wi-Fi button now because when you turn on the printer for the first time, the Wi-Fi Setup Mode is automatically activated. At the same time, when you press Wi-Fi, the Wi-Fi Setup Mode will be deactivated. To activate it again, you need to restore the printer to default.
- Configure the printer’s initial settings as per your needs.
Installing and using the HP Smart app (Windows 10 and the latest macOS)
Install and use the HP Smart app to complete the rest of the HP Smart Tank 7602 setup.
Note: If you’re using Windows 7, complete the hardware setup, such as filling the ink tanks, loading paper, etc., and then install the printer on your computer using the HP Easy Start software.
- Install the HP Smart app on your computer from the HP printer page, Microsoft Store, or Mac Store.
- Open the installed app on your computer.
- Click the Get Started button.
- Install the printer on your computer via wireless connection by following the prompts displayed on the screen.
- Once it is done, the screen prompting you to fill the ink tanks and load paper will open in the HP Smart app wizard.
- Perform the hardware setup by following the prompts displayed on the app screen.
Completing the hardware setup
Fill the ink tanks, install the print heads, load paper, and finally align the printheads to complete the HP Smart Tank 7602 printer’s hardware setup.
Filling the ink tanks
- Open the ink access door followed by the tank covers of your printer.
- The black ink tank will be on your left-hand side of the printer, and the color ink tanks will be on the right side of the printer.
- Open the ink tank caps.
- Unpack the ink bottles.
- Fill all the tanks with the correct ink types.
- Ensure that the tanks are not overfilled.
- Close the ink tank caps and cover.
Installing the print heads
- Open the printhead cover.
- Remove the packing material from the head slot if present.
- Now, unpack the print heads.
- Insert the black printhead on your right-hand side of the slot. Similarly, install the color on your left side of the slot.
- Close the printhead cover and the ink access door of your printer.
- Pull out the input tray.
- Move the guides to the ends.
- Get a stack of recommended paper type.
- Load the paper with its printable side facing down.
- Adjust the guides properly and push the tray towards the printer.
- Open the output tray extender of your printer.
Align the printheads
- Initiate the alignment process by following the prompts displayed on the screen.
- Once the alignment page is printed, open the scanner glass and place the page with its print side facing down on it.
- Close the scanner glass.
- Tap on the Copy button on your printer’s home screen to scan the alignment page.
- Once the printer scans the alignment page successfully, the machine is ready to use.
Congratulations! You have successfully completed the HP Smart Tank 7602 setup process.
HP Smart Tank 7602 Driver Download
Download the HP Smart app or the HP Easy Start software for your Windows or Mac computer from the printer’s official support page by following the simple and easy instructions below.
- Open the HP printer’s support page.
- Type the name or model number of your printer in the given field and tap Enter.
- Now, the support page of your printer will open.
- Click Software, Drivers and Firmware > GO.
- Now, the page titled “Software and drivers for HP Smart Tank 7602 All-in-One” will open.
- Ensure that the OS type for which you want to download the printer driver is selected correctly.
- Locate the recommended printer driver for the selected OS type and click the Download command beside or below it.
- Now, you will be re-directed to the driver download page.
- Click the “Agree to EULA and Download” button if necessary to download the recommended printer driver.
HP Smart Tank 7602 Driver Install
- Before you begin the HP Smart Tank 7602 printer driver installation, make sure that you have the latest and the most compatible driver downloaded for your OS type.
- Open the printer driver file on your computer.
- Accept the EULA and install the necessary software by following the prompts displayed on the screen.
HP Smart Tank 7602 Wireless Setup
The wireless setup enables you to easily access your printer for wireless printing, scanning, and other printer-related needs. You can set up the HP Smart Tank 7602 printer over a wireless network using:
- The HP Smart app
- The HP Printer Software
- The printer’s control panel (Infrastructure or WPS)
All these three methods are pretty easy and simple to perform. This section will guide you in setting up your HP printer over a wireless network using the printer’s control panel.
First Things First
Before you begin the Wi-Fi setup, ensure the following:
- The HP Smart printer is turned on, and its hardware setup is completed.
- The Wi-Fi router is connected to a stable internet connection.
- You know the SSID (network name) and password of your network.
- The latest and the most compatible printer driver for your OS type is downloaded and ready to use.
- Your router has a WPS button (if you’re using Wi-Fi Protected Setup).
Connecting the printer to a Wi-Fi network
- Tap on the Menu icon on your printer’s home screen.
- Select Settings > Network > Wi-Fi > Wi-Fi Setup or Wi-Fi Protected Setup (WPS).
- Now, a corresponding screen will open based on your selection.
- If you have selected the Wi-Fi Setup option, the printer will start searching for the wireless networks available within its range and display their SSIDs on the screen.
- Similarly, if you have selected WPS, a screen prompting you to press the WPS button on your router will open.
- Connect your HP Smart Tank printer to the wireless network by following the prompts displayed on the screen.
Completing the Wi-Fi setup
- Use the HP Smart app or the HP Easy Start software to complete the wireless setup.
- Open the recommended app or the driver file on your computer or smartphone.
- Install the printer on your computer via Wi-Fi by performing the on-screen prompts.
- Finally, print a test page from your computer or smartphone to the printer to check whether the wireless setup is done correctly.
- If the printer prints the test document successfully, the Wi-Fi setup is done correctly. Otherwise, re-perform the HP Smart Tank 7602 Wi-Fi setup.
Hp Smart Tank 7602 Usb Setup
If you want to set up your HP Smart Tank 7602 printer via USB, get the USB cable recommended for your machine and follow these step-by-step instructions.
- Initially, connect the recommended USB cable from your printer to the computer.
- Next, turn on the devices if they are turned off.
- Now, run the HP Easy Start software or the HP Smart app on your computer.
- If you’re using the HP Smart app, click the Add Printer button, and perform the on-screen prompts to install and add the printer to your computer.
- Similarly, if you’re using the HP Easy Start software, select the USB Cable Connection (USB) option when prompted.
- Complete the HP Smart Tank 7602 USB setup process by following the prompts displayed on the screen.
HP Smart Tank 7602 Scan Setup
The HP Smart Tank 7602 printer comes with cool scan features. You can scan a hard copy of the document or photo and save it to your computer or the destination of your desire using this printer. You can initiate the scan operation:
- From the printer’s control panel
- Using the HP Smart app
- Using the HP printer software
- Using Webscan
From the control panel
- To initiate the scan operation from your printer’s control panel, turn on the printer if it is turned off.
- The necessary scanner drivers should be installed on your computer to perform the scan operation successfully. Install the scanner drivers if you haven’t done it yet.
- Connect your computer and the printer to the same network if you wish to save the scanned copy of the document to the computer or laptop.
Using HP Smart
- Install the HP Smart app on your computer or smartphone.
- Add the printer to your device using the app.
- After doing that, tap on the Print Scan or Document Scan option to initiate the scan operation.
Using the HP printer software
- If you want to scan and save a document or photo to a file or send it to an email address, use the HP Printer software.
- Open the printer software.
- Click Scan and choose the scan type.
- Configure the scan settings as per your needs and click Scan.
The Webscan feature enables you to scan a document from your printer’s scanner glass to the computer using a web browser. However, the Webscan option should be enabled on your printer to use this feature.
- Open your HP Smart Tank printer’s EWS page.
- Go to the Settings tab.
- Locate the Security section and expand it.
- Click on the Administrator Settings option followed by the checkbox beside Enable Webscan.
- Finally, click Apply.
Now, you can initiate the scan operation using the web browser installed on your computer.
HP Smart Tank 7602 Copy Setup
- If your HP Smart Tank 7602 printer’s hardware and software setups are completed, you can perform the copy operation from its control panel.
- Get the hard copy of the document you want to copy and place it on the scanner glass or in the ADF of your printer.
- Now, locate the Copy option on your printer’s home screen and tap on it. (If you want to copy an ID card, tap ID Card Copy instead of Copy).
- Configure the copy settings as per your needs, and finally, tap Copy again.
HP Smart Tank 7602 Troubleshooting
The HP Smart Tank 7602 printer troubleshooting guide given on this page will help you in resolving the “printer not printing” and “printer offline” issues. You can also contact our technical experts if you need real-time technical assistance in resolving your printer problems.
HP Smart Tank 7602 Not Printing
- Turn on your printer: If your Smart Tank printer is turned off when performing the print operation, there is a chance for this issue to occur. So, initially, ensure that your printer is turned on.
- Load the input tray: Empty or no paper in the input tray can also lead to this print issue. Check whether the input tray has enough paper. If not, load sufficient paper into the tray and then perform the print operation.
- Remove the jammed paper: Paper Jam is another common cause of the printer not printing issue. Check if any paper or object is jammed inside the printer. If yes, remove it.
- Configuring the print settings: In many cases, the misconfigured print settings can also lead to these kinds of problems. Ensure that your printer model is selected correctly in the Print dialog box. Also, the other print settings have to be configured correctly.
- Restart the printer: A simple restart can resolve the hidden bugs. Restart your printer and the computer (if necessary).
- Clear the error message: When the printer faces an error, it temporarily stops responding to your request. Check if any error message or code is displayed on your printer screen. If yes, clear it, and then perform the print operation.
- Reinstall the printer driver: An incompatible or outdated printer driver can also stop the printer from responding to your printer-related request. Update or reinstall the printer software to resolve the HP Smart Tank 7602 not printing issue.
HP Smart Tank 7602 Offline
If your printer is not ready for the print operation or it is facing some issues in performing your request, then you might end up receiving the offline error message. To resolve this error, try the simple and easy troubleshooting instructions below.
- Check if your printer is ready to print: Initially, ensure that your printer’s hardware setup is completed. Connect your printer to the computer if it is not connected. Make sure that no error message is displayed on your printer screen. Restart your printer if necessary.
- Resolving the offline printer issue
- Use HP diagnostic tool: If you’re using a Windows OS-based computer, run and use the HP Print and Scan Doctor (only for Windows) tool to find the cause of the issue and resolve it.
- Use HP Smart Diagnose Fix: Similarly, if you’re using macOS, use this utility to resolve the offline error.
- Check whether your HP printer is set as the default machine on the computer. If not, set it as the default printer.
- Connect your devices (printer and computer) to the same network.
- Reset the print system if necessary.