HP SMART TANK 7001 SETUP
HP SMART TANK 7001 Description
To set up your HP Smart Tank 7001 printer, unpack it completely and turn it on. Once it is done, install the HP Smart app on your computer. Perform the remaining steps of the printer setup by following the instructions displayed in the app window.
Scroll down this page to know the HP Smart Tank 7001 printer setup process in detail.
HP SMART TANK 7001 UNBOXING SETUP
Step 1: Unpacking and turning on your printer
- Remove all the packing materials from inside and outside of your printer.
- After unpacking your printer completely, turn it on.
- Connect the provided power cord between your printer and an active power outlet.
- Turn on your HP Smart Tank printer by pressing the Power button on its control panel.
- Once your printer becomes stable, configure the basic settings when prompted.
Step 2: Adding your printer to the HP Smart app
- Download and install the HP Smart app on your computer.
- Now, launch the app on your computer.
- Click the Add Printer button.
- Now, the app will detect and display the printer that is in Wi-Fi setup mode or connected to your computer’s network. (In case the Wi-Fi setup mode is disabled on your printer, enable it by restoring the printer’s network settings.)
- Choose the printer and follow the on-screen instructions to add your printer to the HP Smart app.
- After adding your printer to the app, complete the remaining steps of the printer setup by referring to the instructions below.
Step 3: Filling the ink tanks
- Raise the ink access door of your printer.
- Open the ink tank covers and the cap.
- Now, get the ink bottles and unpack them.
- Open the bottle cap and fill the tanks.
- After filling all the tanks, close the cap and the tank cover.
- Lower the ink access door of your printer.
Step 4: Installing the print head
- Open the ink access door and the printhead cover of your printer.
- Now, remove the printhead from its package.
- Install the unpacked printhead in its slot.
- Make sure that the printhead is installed properly.
- Close the print head cover and ink access door of your printer.
Step 5: Loading paper and aligning the printheads
- Open your HP Smart Tank printer’s input tray.
- Fan a stack of paper.
- Move the width guides to the outermost position of the tray.
- Now, load the paper into the tray.
- Adjust the paper width guides properly if necessary.
- Close the input tray and open the output tray of your printer.
Aligning the printheads
To align the printheads of your printer, you have to print the alignment page. After printing the page, scan it using your printer’s scanner glass.
- Access the HP Smart Tank printer’s EWS page from your computer browser.
- Go to Tools and select Utilities > Print Quality Toolbar.
- Now, your printer will start to print the alignment page.
- Scan the printed alignment page using the scanner glass.
- If the printer scans the alignment page successfully, it means the printheads are aligned properly. Otherwise, reinstall the printheads.
HP SMART TANK 7001 DRIVER DOWNLOAD
- On the official support page of HP, choose the HP Smart Tank 7001 printer.
- Click the Drivers, Software and Firmware tab followed by Go.
- Make sure that your OS type is selected correctly and select the printer driver that you need.
- Click Download > Agree to EULA and Download.
- Now, the selected HP printer driver file will start to download.
HP SMART TANK 7001 DRIVER INSTALL
- Double-click on the downloaded driver file to extract it.
- Click on the HP printer driver.
- Accept the EULA and choose the connection type when prompted.
- Install the printer driver by following the on-screen instructions.
HP SMART TANK 7001 WIRELESS SETUP
You can connect your HP Smart Tank 7001 printer over a wireless network using the HP Smart app or the HP printer software. The section below will guide you in connecting your printer to a Wi-Fi network using the HP Smart app.
- Initially, connect your computer to the same Wi-Fi network to which you’re about to connect your HP Smart Tank printer.
- Next, check whether the Wi-Fi setup mode is enabled on your printer. If not, enable it by restoring the printer’s network settings.
- Now, launch the HP Smart app on your computer.
- Click Add Printer.
- If prompted, sign in to your HP printer account.
- Connect your printer to the Wi-Fi network by following the rest of the instructions displayed in the app.
Restoring the network settings
You can restore your printer’s network settings either from its control panel or its EWS page.
Using the EWS page
- On your HP printer’s EWS page, click on the Settings tab.
- Now, in the opened window, locate and click the Restore Defaults button.
- Restore your printer’s network settings by following the rest of the instructions.
HP SMART TANK 7001 USB SETUP
- Initially, get the USB cable that is recommended by HP for your printer.
- Next, connect your printer directly to a computer using the USB cable.
- Now, on your computer, launch the HP Smart app and click the Add Printer button.
- Complete the remaining steps of the HP Smart Tank 7001 printer USB setup by following the prompts displayed on the app screen.
HP SMART TANK 7001 PRINT SETUP
- Initially, connect your computer and the HP Smart Tank printer to the same network using the HP Smart app.
- Next, load paper if the tray is empty.
- Similarly, fill the ink tanks if they are empty or low.
- Launch the HP Smart app on your computer.
- Choose the document that you want to print.
- Configure the print settings as per your preferences.
Even if your printer and the computer are not connected to the same Wi-Fi network, you can print a document by using the Wi-Fi Direct method. Enable the Wi-Fi Direct feature on your printer and connect the computer to that network.
Enabling the Wi-Fi Direct feature
- Hold down your HP printer’s Information button for five seconds and release it.
- Now, locate and hold down the Resume and Wi-Fi buttons simultaneously for 3 seconds to enable the Wi-Fi Direct feature.
HP SMART TANK 7001 COPY SETUP
- On your PC, install the HP Smart app.
- Open your printer’s scanner glass.
- Now, place the original document with its print-side facing down on the scanner glass.
- Close the scanner glass.
- Press the Black Copy or Color Copy button on the operational panel of your printer to initiate the copy operation.
- If necessary, change the default copy settings as per your preferences.
HP SMART TANK 7001 SCAN SETUP
Scan using the HP Smart app
Use this app to scan a document or photo using the printer’s scanner or your device’s camera.
- First of all, install the HP Smart app on your Windows 10, macOS, Android, or iOS device.
- Secondly, add your printer to the HP Smart app.
- Finally, launch the app and select the Scan option.
- Configure the scan settings and tap or click the Scan button.
Scan using the HP printer software
- Initially, install your HP printer software on your computer.
- Next, on your printer’s scanner glass, load the original document.
- Launch the printer software.
- Go to the Scan tab.
- Configure the scan settings such as scan type, resolution, etc.
- Click Scan.
- Now, your printer will scan and save the document to the selected location.
Scan using Webscan
If you want to use your web browser to scan a document from the printer to a device, use the Webscan feature. This feature is a part of EWS. So, before scanning using Webscan, check whether it is enabled on your printer.
- On your printer’s EWS page, click Settings.
- Select Security > Administrator Settings.
- Now, if you find that the Webscan feature is disabled, enable it and click Apply.
HP SMART TANK 7001 TROUBLESHOOTING
Scroll down this page to know how to troubleshoot the HP Smart Tank 7001 printer issues such as “offline” and “printer not printing.” Click the Call button provided on this page if you need advanced technical support in resolving the issues with this printer.
HP SMART TANK 7001 OFFLINE
Initially, check whether your HP Smart Tank 7001 printer is turned on. If not, turn it on, and then perform the print operation. If you’re encountering the offline error even after your printer is turned on, try the advanced troubleshooting methods given below.
- Checking the connectivity status: Check to make sure that your HP Smart Tank printer and the computer are connected to the same network.
- Disabling the “Use Printer Offline” or “Pause Printing”: If one of these options is enabled on your printer, you may encounter the offline error when performing the print operation. So, check if Use Printer Offline or Pause Printing is enabled on your computer. If yes, disable it.
- Setting the default printer: If you haven’t set up your HP printer as the default printer, set it as the default one to fix this issue.
- Restarting the printer and your computer: In most cases, a simple restart can resolve the common printer issues. So, restart your printer and check whether the offline issue is resolved. If not, try the next one.
- Update the printer firmware: If your printer firmware is outdated, update it and check whether the offline issue is resolved.
HP SMART TANK 7001 IS NOT PRINTING
Initially, check whether your printer is offline or paused. If yes, refer to the instructions given above to bring your printer back online.
- Next, make sure that your HP printer is selected correctly.
- If necessary, reinstall the printer driver.
- Similarly, re-add your printer to the computer.
- Use the HP diagnostic tool “HP Print and Scan Doctor” if you’re encountering this issue on a Windows computer.