HP Smart Tank 6001 Setup
HP Smart Tank 6001 is a wireless printer that can print, scan, and copy. This printer comes with a smart tank, and you no longer need to spend on expensive cartridges. HP Smart Tank 6001 supports a wide range of connectivity options, including Wi-Fi Direct, Wireless LAN, Ethernet, and USB. If you want to know how to set up your HP Smart Tank 6001 printer, continue reading this article.
HP Smart Tank 6001 Hardware And Software Setup
- Unpack your printer from its product box and take out all the items you received.
- Your package contains the HP Smart Tank 6001 printer, ink bottles, print heads, power cord, and a quick setup guide.
- Discard all the protective materials and packing tapes from the printer and its components.
- Take the power cord and connect it to the printer’s rear port and an electrical outlet.
- Turn on your HP printer by pressing the Power button. Then, the LED light will glow up.
- Take an ink bottle and open its cap. Open the ink access door and tank cover. Align the ink bottle with the ink tank and fill the tank using the ink bottle.
- Repeat the procedure for all the ink tanks. Also, make sure you fill the ink tanks according to the color indications.
- Take a supplied print head and remove its orange guard. Open the print head cover and insert the print head into the respective holder and press it until it snaps into its place.
- Once you have installed all the print heads, close the tank cover and ink access door.
- Extend the paper tray and move the guides to the extreme corners.
- Take a paper stack and fan the sheets.
- Insert the stack into the paper tray with the print side facing down.
- Adjust the guides against the stack and reinsert the paper tray into the printer.
- Once you have loaded the paper, your printer will print a print head alignment page.
- Raise the scanner cover and place this page on the scanner glass.
- Align the page to fit the corner markings.
- Lower the scanner cover. On the printer control panel, press the Copy button. Now, your printer will scan the alignment page.
- That’s it. You have successfully completed your printer’s hardware setup.
- To establish a connection between your printer and computer, you need to install the appropriate software.
- From your default browser, visit HP’s official website. Enter your printer model and get the software that supports your Operating System.
- After the download gets concluded, locate the file in the Downloads folder and run the setup file.
- Go ahead with the instructions on the screen and complete the installation.
- You can access your printer from the computer using the installed driver.
Hp Smart Tank 6001 Driver Download
- Visit HP’s official website from your default browser.
- Enter your printer model in the search area and click Submit.
- From the search results, click on the correct printer.
- On the product support page, just click on Software, Drivers and Firmware.
- Your Operating System will be automatically detected, and the compatible drivers will be displayed.
- If you want the driver for a different Operating System, click Choose a different OS and select the driver you prefer the most.
- Now, select the driver you want and click Download.
Hp Smart Tank 6001 Driver Install
- Once you have downloaded the printer driver, you can start its installation.
- Locate the file within your browser or in the Downloads folder and run the setup file.
- Just continue with the on-screen prompts.
- When the License Agreement screen’s displayed, accept the terms and conditions.
- When prompted, select the connection method you prefer and connect your printer and computer according to the type of connection you have chosen.
- Go ahead with the instructions on the screen and complete the installation.
Hp Smart Tank 6001 Wireless Setup
When you configure your printer for the wireless connection, you can print your documents wirelessly. Follow the instructions mentioned below to proceed further.
- Press and hold the Wi-Fi button on your printer control panel for 3 seconds.
- Press your router’s WPS button.
- Open the HP Smart app on your computer/mobile phone.
- Click the + icon and add your printer.
- Go ahead with the instructions and add your printer to your network.
- If prompted, create an HP account and register your HP printer.
- Hereafter, you can access your printer wirelessly.
Hp Smart Tank 6001 Scan Setup
- Download HP Smart from HP’s official support page.
- Install the driver on your computer by adhering to the on-screen guidelines.
- Open HP Smart and click Get Started on the Welcome screen.
- On the following screen, click the + icon below Add Printer.
- When it shows you a list of printers, click on the right printer.
- Once the connection is established between your HP printer and computer, you can go ahead to scan your documents.
- Load your originals on the scanner glass.
- Click on the Scan tile, specify the scan settings, and click Scan.
- Now, your printer will start scanning the documents to the specified destination.
Hp Smart Tank 6001 Copy Setup
- Before copying your originals, ensure that you have loaded enough paper into the paper tray.
- Load the originals on the scanner glass.
- On your printer control panel, press the Black Copy or Color Copy button.
- If you need multiple copies, press the button several times. For instance, press the Color Copy button five times if you need five color copies.
- Now, your printer will start to copy the documents.
We believe you have learned how to install the HP Deskjet 1515 printer without a CD. For further assistance in the printer installation, get connected with our experts.
Hp Smart Tank 6001 Troubleshooting
If you face a problem with your printer, you can rectify it with the appropriate troubleshooting methods. This section shows you some best techniques to handle your HP Smart Tank 6001 printer problems.
Hp Smart Tank 6001 Is Not Printing
- If your printer is not printing, see if it shows any error code. If so, fix it with the appropriate solutions.
- Ensure that your HP printer is turned on and connected to the working power outlet.
- Your printer will not print your documents when there is a problem with the connection between your printer and computer. If you have connected them over a network, ensure that they are connected to the same network.
- For a USB connection, see if the connection is firm enough at both ends. If required, replace the cable.
- If there is a paper jam on your printer, remove the jammed paper and check if your printer can print now.
- If you haven’t set your printer as the default machine, go to the Devices and Printers section and set HP Smart Tank 6001 as the default printer.
- If the print jobs get piled up on your printer’s memory, your printer will not print. To fix the issue, go to the Devices and Printers section. Right-click on your printer and select See what’s printing. Go to the Printer tab and click the Cancel All Documents option.
- When the communication between your printer and the computer gets interrupted, your printer will not print the jobs you send from your computer. You should update the driver to the latest version to fix this trouble.
- In most instances, you can fix your printer issue with a power cycle. To power cycle your printer, turn it off and disconnect the power cord from your HP Smart Tank 6001 printer and the power source. Let your printer be disconnected for a minute. Then, reconnect the power cord to your HP printer and the power source. Turn on your printer and ensure it prints now.
Hp Smart Tank 6001 Offline
- If your HP Smart Tank 6001 printer is offline, the problem might be with the Internet, connection, or the printer itself. Try out the solutions listed in this section and ensure that your issue is resolved.
- Check your Internet connection. If it is not stable, fix it first. If you don’t find any fault with your Internet connection, try out the following solutions.
- See if you have enabled Use Printer Offline. This is a common mistake many users make. To fix this issue, go to the Devices and Printers section. Right-click on your printer and select See what’s printing. Go to the Printer menu and disable Use Printer Offline.
- The printer driver establishes stable communication between your printer and computer. If your printer driver is outdated, get the recent version from HP’s official website and install it on your computer. Then see if your problem is resolved.
- Keep your printer as the default so that all the print jobs go directly to your HP Smart Tank 6001 printer. To do this, click Start and navigate to the Devices and Printers section. Right-click on your printer and select the Set as default printer option.
- It is essential to connect your printer and computer to the same network. If you have connected them to different networks, your printer will not appear online on your computer. Therefore, connect them to the same network and ensure that your printer appears online.
- Any printer problem can be handled efficiently with a power cycle. To power cycle your printer, turn it off and disconnect the power cable. After a minute, reconnect the power cable and turn on your printer. Now, see if you can locate your printer online.
In this way, you should set up your HP Smart Tank 6001 printer and HP Smart Tank 6001 Setup. For further questions and clarifications, reach our technical experts for assistance.