Solved: HP Printer Wont Install
If you want to use your HP printer features correctly for optimum performance, you need to download and install the driver compatible with your printer. This driver will establish communication between your HP printer and computer. Make sure that the printer driver supports your computer. But sometimes, when you try to install the HP printer driver on your computer, it will refuse to get installed. This issue probably occurs due to trying to install an incompatible driver you have downloaded or maybe because of connection problems. If you are facing this issue with your HP printer, just follow the below steps to fix HP Printer Wont Install it.
Check The Connectivity
- First, check whether the power cord is properly connected to the printer’s rear and the other end is plugged into the electrical outlet.
- Make sure to turn on your printer.
- If you connect your printer and computer using a USB cable, ensure that the cable is connected firmly at both ends. In case of any problem with the USB cable, replace it with a new one.
- If you have connected the devices using a Wi-Fi network, check whether the printer and your computer are on the same network.
- Now, see if you can install the printer driver on your computer.
- If the issue continues, reconnect your printer by following the below steps.
Reconnect The Printer
- If you have already turned on your HP printer, turn it off and disconnect the printer’s power cord.
- Now, disconnect the cables from the wireless router. Leave it for 15 seconds.
- Restart your computer and wait until it turns on.
- Turn on your router again by connecting the necessary cables.
- After turning on the router, plug the power cord into the back of your printer and the electrical outlet.
- Power on your printer.
- Now, check if you can install the driver on your computer.
- If it does not work, reinstall the printer driver on your computer by following the below steps.
Uninstall & Reinstall The Printer Driver
If you want to reinstall the HP printer driver on your computer, you need to uninstall the existing one from your computer. To do so, just follow the below procedure.
Uninstalling The Hp Printer Driver
The printer’s driver installation is a necessary method that you need to perform once you have downloaded the file from the official support page. To do so, perform the below step-by-step procedure.
- Initially, click on the Start button on your computer’s main screen.
- Next, search for the Control Panel option in the search bar.
- Choose the Control Panel option from the search results and select the Programs option.
- Select the Programs & Features option from the list.
- Now, right-click on your HP printer driver.
- Click the Uninstall option from the drop-down list.
- Again click Uninstall to confirm.
- After uninstalling the printer driver from the computer, you need to reinstall it.
Re-installing The Hp Printer Driver
- If you have the driver installation CD that came with your printer package, load it into your computer’s CD-ROM drive.
- Simply follow the on-screen prompts for completing the printer driver installation on your computer.
- However, if you do not have the installation CD, just open the default browser on your computer.
- Now, visit the official support page of your HP printer.
- Here, navigate to your printer model.
- Select the respective driver file on the Software and Driver Downloads page.
- Click the Download option.
- The driver will start to download on your computer.
- After the driver download is over, open that executable file and start the installation process.
- Check if you can complete the installation. By now, you should be able to install the HP printer successfully.