HP PRINTER WILL NOT INSTALL ON WINDOWS 10
The HP printers are good when working with Windows computers. You can get the most of the printer by installing the HP Smart app and other HP utilities on your computer. However, sometimes out of the blue, an error may occur if the installation is not carried out properly. In most cases, the HP Printer Will Not Install on Windows 10 computers if you have already installed any HP printer drivers. Sometimes, the HP printer will not be detected during the driver installation. To fix this installation issue, carry out the troubleshooting steps given below.
Solution 1: Check the printer connection
- To begin with, remove and reconnect the USB cable connected between your printer and the computer.
- You must use a standard USB cable for the printer connection.
- If the USB cable is faulty, replace it.
- In case you have connected your printer and the computer over a wireless network, check the wireless connection status by printing a network configuration report.
- If the printer and the computer are not connected to the same wireless network, the HP printer driver will not install on Windows 10.
- To fix the connection issues automatically, you can make use of the HP Print and Scan Doctor diagnostic tool.
Solution 2: Update Windows
- On your Windows 10 computer, open the Settings app by pressing the Windows + I shortcut keys.
- Click the Update & Security tab in the Settings window.
- Select the Windows Update tab from the left-side panel.
- Click on Check for updates.
- Wait for Windows to check the available updates.
- Install the new updates and restart your PC.
This should fix the HP printer driver installation problem.
Solution 3: Remove and reinstall the printer driver
- First, go to Control Panel and click the Devices and Printers tab.
- Locate and select your printer’s icon from the available list.
- Right-click the printer icon and select the Remove device option.
- Remove the remnant files of the installed HP printer driver.
- Restart your Windows 10 computer.
- Get the latest HP printer driver that supports Windows 10 OS. For that, go to the official HP site.
- Input your printer’s model number in the search field and hit the Enter key.
- Click the Software, Drivers and Firmware tab and wait until your OS version is detected automatically.
- Download the required driver and save the setup file to your computer.
- Run the setup wizard and accept the license agreements.
- When the setup wizard prompts you to connect the printer, perform the USB or Wi-Fi setup.
- Wait for the setup wizard to detect your printer and complete the installation.
HP Printer Will Not Install on Windows 10 issue is resolved now. If you can’t resolve the issue still, Click the Call button on this page and contact our technical experts to help you resolve the issue.