Hp Printer Software Installer Has Stopped Working
Are you looking for a guide to learn how to install HP Printer Assistant in Windows 10? If yes, this article is for you. Here, we have described what HP Printer Assistant is, why it is important for your computer, and how to download and install it. Continue reading the instructions to learn how to install HP Printer Assistant in Windows 10 without any errors.
The printer software should be installed on your computer to access your printer. Once you have downloaded the software for your HP printer, you can install it on your computer by following the instructions. But, due to several reasons, the installer may fail to work at some point. Whatever the reason is, you can fix it much better when you implement the right solution. This page will show you some of the best solutions to complete the HP printer software installation.
CHECK THE COMPATIBILITY
- You should always download the driver that is compatible with your Operating System. In case you have downloaded an incorrect driver, you cannot proceed with the installation process. So, check whether you have downloaded the right driver.
- Also, verify whether your printer is compatible with your computer’s OS. Remember that some printers are not compatible with the older versions of Windows computers.
RUN WINDOWS TROUBLESHOOTER
The built-in troubleshooter of Windows 10 can help you troubleshoot most issues efficiently. Follow these instructions for the detailed procedure.
- On your computer, open the Settings app and click on Update and Security.
- Go to the Troubleshoot tab and select the Printer option. Then, click the Run the troubleshooter button.
- Now, the troubleshooter will diagnose the issues and fix them appropriately.
- If you still cannot complete the installation process, proceed with the following solutions.
RESTORE YOUR COMPUTER TO AN EARLIER STAGE
In case you have created a restore point on your computer, you can restore it to the earlier healthy stage when your computer was working fine. Follow these instructions to do the same.
- In the Search area, type System Restore.
- From the search results, click on Create a System Restore Point.
- Now, click on the System Protection button and click Next.
- On the System Restore screen, select the checkbox next to Show more restore points.
- Now, it will show you all the restore points available on the local drive.
- Select the recent one and click OK.
RESTART PRINT SPOOLER SERVICE
- Open the Run command dialog box (Windows +R) on your computer.
- Type services.msc and press Enter.
- When you are directed to the Services window, locate the Print Spooler option. Right-click on it and select the Stop option. Then, close the Services window.
- Again open the Run dialog box. Type Spool and press Enter. Now, delete everything in that folder. When prompted for administrator permission, click OK.
- Open the Services window again. Right-click on Print Spooler and select Start.
RUN THE SYSTEM FILE CHECKER (SFC) SCAN
In most instances, corrupted files can disrupt the proper installation of other software. You can do the System File Checker (SFC) scan to fix this issue. Follow these instructions for the detailed steps.
- On your computer, hit on the Start button and open Command Prompt.
- Type sfc / scannowand press Enter.
- Wait until the scanning process reaches 100%. Then, restart your Windows computer and check whether you can install the HP printer software without any trouble.
DISABLE ANTIVIRUS AND FIREWALL
- Sometimes, the antivirus software you have installed on your computer can interrupt the installation process of the HP printer software.
- So, disable your antivirus software and firewall on your computer. Then, check whether you can proceed with installing the HP printer software.
TRY TO INSTALL THE SOFTWARE MANUALLY
If none of the troubleshooting solutions help you fix the installation issue, go ahead to install the driver manually. Follow these instructions to do this task.
- On your computer, hit the Start menu and go to the Device Manager section.
- Click View and select Show Hidden Devices.
- Locate Printer Queues and expand it. Then, right-click on HP Universal Printing and select the Update Driver option.
- On the screen that displays, pick Browse my computer for driver software> Let me pick from a list of available drivers… Then, select your printer driver and click Next.
- Once the driver installation gets completed, close Device Manager.
- Restart your Windows and check whether you have fixed the issue.
We hope this article has helped you install the HP printer software without any issue. If you still cannot complete the HP printer software installation, contact us for remote assistance.