SOLVED: HP PRINTER SAYS NOT CONNECTED TO INTERNET
HP printers are some of the best machines ever to be produced. The one particular brand that always tends to up its game is HP, with a wide range of printers ranging from small to multi-function printers. Keep reading this page to solve HP printer says not connected to internet issue.
Usually, you can connect the HP printer to the computer using the internet connection. Sometimes, there can be a phase where the issue arises, saying the HP printer cannot connect to the Internet.
If the HP printer does not show up on your network, there could be an issue with the driver. In case the computer does not detect the printer, there needs to be a software update or a printer firmware upgrade. These problems are easily solvable without any help from the outside.
Causes why the HP printer cannot connect to the Internet:
- A hardware problem with the USB port in the computer or the printer can be the reason. Replace the USB cable to see if it works.
- The printer driver is not compatible
- The printer has been idle for way too long
- Network issues from the ISP
You will be reading the steps on how to resolve the HP printer not showing up on network problem.
Scenario 1: HP printer was connected before; now it isn’t
If the HP printer was showing up on the network, here are some troubleshooting steps/methods to resolve the issue.
Fix 1: Reset the printer & router
- While the printer is turned on, remove the power cord connected to the main power source.
- Wait for a couple of minutes, plug the power cord back into the main power source.
- Press the Power button.
- To reset the router, press the Reset button at the back of the router.
- Once the router is reset, it will restart automatically.
Fix 2: Check the wireless connection
- If the printer is connected to the computer using a wireless connection, check the network settings on your computer.
- Ensure that the wireless router is connected to the power source and then turned on.
- Check for obstructions between the router and the printer.
- Now, you can check and see if the HP printer says not connected to internet issue is solved.
Scenario 2: HP printer was never connected to the network
- Ensure that the computer you are connecting the printer to is connected to the network.
- Check if you have the printer driver properly installed on your computer.
- If not, you can download the printer driver from the official HP support page.
- Once you download the printer driver, you can add the HP printer to the HP Smart app (the HP printer driver).
Fix: Download and run HP Print and Scan Doctor
- Download and get the HP Print and Scan Doctor tool from the HP official support page.
- Open the Downloads section on your browser.
- Locate and run the installation for the HPPSdr.exe file.
- Follow the on-screen instructions and complete the setup.
- Open the HP Print and Scan Doctor application, and the application will detect the problem where your HP printer does not connect to the network.
Based on the scenario you are facing, you can follow the above steps and ensure that the HP printer stays connected to the Internet. Finally, fix the HP printer says not connected to internet issue.