ISSUE SOLVED: HP PRINTER NOT ON NETWORK
“Is your HP printer not on a network, or the printer’s Wi-Fi connection is lost after changing the router settings/ network settings?” If yes, continue reading this page to know how to fix HP printer not on network issue.
If your HP printer is not on a network after changing your network settings, try to reconnect the printer to your network to fix this issue. The below section explains the same.
FOR PRINTER WITH A TOUCHSCREEN CONTROL PANEL
Reconnecting your printer to the network
Initially, restore the network settings of your printer. After doing it, try to reconnect the printer to the wireless network.
- Open your printer’s Setup or Wireless menu screen.
- Select the Settings or Network Setup option.
- Scroll down the screen and select the Restore Network Settings option.
- Tap or select the Yes option to continue the restore process.
- Now, open the Wi-Fi Settings, Network, or Setup screen of your printer.
- Select the Wireless Setup Wizard option.
- Turn on your wireless router if it is turned off.
- Now, from the list of available networks, select the network that you wish to use and enter its password in the given field.
- After connecting your printer to the Wi-Fi network, print a Wi-Fi Network Test Report to check the connectivity status.
- Review the report and if you find an error message on it, perform the necessary troubleshooting methods to fix it.
FOR THE HP PRINTER WITHOUT A TOUCHSCREEN CONTROL PANEL
Use the HP Smart app or the WPS method to connect your printer and the computer to a network.
Method 1: Using the HP Smart app
- Restore your HP printer’s network settings.
- Install the HP Smart app on your smartphone or computer.
- Open the app and sign in if prompted.
- Click the Add Printer button.
- Re-add your printer to the network by following the rest of the instructions.
Method 2: Using a temporary USB connection
- Run the printer software on your computer.
- When prompted, choose the Wi-Fi network using a temporary USB connection option.
- Connect the printer to your network to fix the issue.
Method 3: Using the WPS method
- Enable the Wi-Fi Connection mode on your HP printer.
- Press the WPS button on your router.
- Now, your printer will try to connect to your router’s network.
To know more about how to fix the “HP printer not on network” issue, contact us.