FIX: HP PRINTER DOES NOT TURN ON
“Is your HP Printer Does Not Turn On when you press its Power button?” If yes, perform the troubleshooting methods given below to fix it.
*Note: Based on the power supply that you’re using on your printer, the troubleshooting methods might vary.
For printers using the internal power supply
Method 1: Checking the connectivity
- As the first step of troubleshooting the “printer not turning on” issue, check whether your printer’s power cord is connected securely at the ends. If not, unplug and reconnect the cable.
- Make sure that you’re not using thea damaged or incompatible cable for the connectivity.
- Connect the cable directly to the outlet if you’re using a surge protector or an external adapter for the connectivity.
Method 2: Recycle power to the printer
This is the right choice to fix the printer not turning on issue.
- Unplug the printer’s power cord from it.
- Wait for approximately 1 minute.
- After that, reconnect the cord into your printer.
- Now, press the Power button on the printer’s panel to turn it on.
- If the printer turns on, the issue is resolved. Otherwise, wait for another 10 seconds and press the Power button again (this will reset the Power switch).
- Now, check if your printer is turning on. If not, perform the next method.
Method 3: Using another power source or the power cord
Check if the power source that you’re using for the connectivity is working properly. If not, try another one. To check it, connect another device to the source. If the connected device is working, the problem is with your printer. In this case, check and replace the cord that you’re using or repair the printer (if necessary).
For printers using an external power supply
- Initially, check whether the external power supply module that you’re using for the connectivity is compatible with your printer. If not, use the compatible one to fix the issue.
- Secondly, make sure that you’re using the correct voltage that is suggested for your HP printer.
- Power cycle the printer if necessary.
- Try another power source for connectivity.
For HP mobile printer with a battery
If your HP printer fails to turn on when connected to the outlet, try these troubleshooting instructions to fix it.
- Power cycle your printer.
- Use another power outlet or cord for the connectivity.
If your printer is not turning on with battery power, then first, check whether the batteries are installed properly in their slots. Remove and reinsert the batteries if necessary. Test the power source and module if required.
Click the Call button provided on this page to know more about fixing the “HP Printer Does Not Turn On” problem.