HP PRINTER DOES NOT COMMUNICATE WITH THE COMPUTER
Printer drivers play an important role in the smooth communication between your HP printer and the computer. So, usually, a communication error occurs when there is an issue with the printer driver. However, some other factors can impact the overall performance of your printer. If your HP Printer Does Not Communicate with the Computer, you shall fix it easily. We have given the best solutions that can fix the communication errors between your printer and the computer.
Check your connection
- If you have connected your printer and the computer using a USB cable, check the connection at both ends. If the connection is not firm enough, your printer cannot communicate with your computer.
- So, disconnect the USB cable from both ends and reconnect it. If necessary, connect your printer and the computer using a different USB cable.
- If you have connected your printer and computer over a network, check whether you have connected them over the same network. In case you have connected them to different networks, your HP printer cannot communicate with your computer.
- Also, verify whether you are receiving a stable Internet connection. If there is an issue with your Internet’s stability, you should fix it in the first place.
Update your printer driver
- As previously mentioned, printer drivers ensure smooth communication between your printer and the computer. If your printer driver is outdated or corrupted, you should update it.
- For your HP printer, visit the official website of HP from your default browser.
- Enter your HP printer model and download the printer driver recommended for your Operating System.
- Once downloaded, install it on your computer by following the on-screen guidelines.
- After installing the updated printer driver, check whether your HP printer can communicate with your computer.
- In case the devices cannot communicate with each other even after installing the updated printer driver, move on to the next troubleshooting method.
Disable the Use Printer Offline option
If you have enabled Use Printer Offline, your printer will not show up online. In that case, you should disable it. Follow the instructions given below to disable Use Printer Offline.
- On your computer, hit Start and navigate to the Devices and Printers section.
- Right-click on your HP printer and choose the See what’s printing option.
- Click on the Printer tab and disable the Use Printer Offline option.
- If you find that the problem persists, just go ahead with the next solution.
Set your printer as the default one
- It is essential to set your printer as the default one on your computer. If you don’t do that, your printer cannot receive the print jobs you send. Therefore, you might think that your HP printer is not communicating with your computer. To fix the issue, you have to set your HP printer as the default one.
- Click the Start menu and go to the Devices and Printers section.
- From the list of printers, right-click on your HP printer and choose the Set as default printer option.
If your HP Printer Does Not Communicate with the Computer still, contact us for more assistance. You can do so by clicking the CALL button provided on this page.