FIX: HP PHOTOSMART C4280 PRINT CARTRIDGE MISSING OR NOT DETECTED
“Printer not working/printing” is one of the common problems for HP laptop users. Different reasons may cause the printing problem. Common factors include driver problems, software issues, faulty connection, hardware failures, and overuse. You can try to do some troubleshooting methods when you find that the printer connected to your HP laptop stops working. Follow the below steps to fix the HP Photosmart C4280 Print Cartridge Missing or Not Detected issue.
Reinstall the cartridges
- In case a speck of dirt is present on the contacts of the cartridges, your printer may fail to detect your cartridges. However, you can efficiently fix the issue by reinstalling the cartridges.
- To do that, open the cartridge access door and wait until the print carriage comes to the center position.
- Take out all the cartridges from your HP printer.
- Now, wipe the electrical contacts of the cartridges with a lint-free cloth. Also, clean the holders of these cartridges.
- Reinstall the cartridges into their holders and check whether the issue is resolved.
Use genuine ink cartridges
- It is important to use genuine HP ink cartridges. In case you are using any third-party ink cartridges, your printer may fail to recognize them.
- As a result, your printer will show the cartridges as missing or not detected. In that case, you should replace the cartridges with genuine HP cartridges. Once you have done that, check whether the issue is resolved.
Power cycle your printer
- A power cycle can fix the bugs on your printer automatically. To do it, turn off your printer and disconnect the power cord from your printer and the power source.
- Leave your printer disconnected for a minute. Then, reconnect the power cord to your HP printer and turn it on.
- Now, check whether the issue is resolved.
If you still cannot fix the HP Photosmart C4280 Print Cartridge Missing or Not Detected issue, get back to us for remote assistance.