HP PHOTOSMART 5520 IS NOT PRINTING
HP PHOTOSMART 5520 IS NOT PRINTING DESCRIPTION
Don’t worry if your HP Envy 5055 printer fails to print the documents. The issue might have occurred due to various reasons. However, you can resolve the problem by trying out the basic troubleshooting techniques. This complete article exclusively deals with five troubleshooting techniques to fix the HP Envy 5055 not printing issue. So, try out all the five solutions and fix the issue like a pro.
Is your HP Photosmart 5520 printer not printing? Then, try these simple troubleshooting instructions to fix it.
- Check whether your HP Photosmart 5520 printer is turned on. If not, turn it on.
- Similarly, if your printer is in sleep mode, press the Power button on its panel to turn it on.
- Make sure that the input tray of your printer has enough paper and the cartridges are installed properly in their slots.
- If any error message is displayed on the screen, clear it and then perform the print operation.
- Restart your HP printer if necessary.
- Check whether your printer status is displayed as offline. If yes, perform the necessary steps to bring it back online.
- Reinstall the printer driver if necessary.
Restarting the printer
- Turn off your printer completely.
- Leave the printer to cool down for 30 seconds.
- After waiting for 30 seconds, turn on the printer.
If your HP Photosmart 5520 printer’s black or color ink is not printing, try the simple and easy troubleshooting methods given below.
Before you begin, check if your printer has an automatic servicing routine. If yes, wait for the routine process to complete and check whether the printer’s black or color ink not printing issue is resolved. If not, perform the following methods one by one.
Method 1: Using genuine HP ink cartridges
- Check whether you have installed the genuine ink cartridges on your HP Photosmart 5520 printer or not.
- If not, replace them with genuine ones and then print a test page.
- You can purchase genuine HP ink cartridges from the HP Store or local retailers.
- After purchasing the cartridges, install them into the printer and print a test page.
- If the HP Photosmart 5520 printer’s black or color ink is not printing again, try the next method given below.
Method 2: Using the correct paper type
Sometimes, using an incorrect media type might also lead to these kinds of issues. So, check whether you have loaded the paper type that is recommended by the printer manufacturer. If not, load the correct paper and then print a test page.
Method 3: Configuring the print settings
- Check if the print settings, such as file type, paper type, quality, etc., are configured correctly.
- If not, configure them correctly in the Print properties dialog box and print a test page.
Method 4: Replacing the ink cartridges
Using low or empty ink cartridges may also cause these kinds of problems. Check the estimated ink levels of the cartridges and replace the empty cartridges if you find any.
Contact us to know more about how to fix the “HP Photosmart 5520 printer not printing” issue.