FIX: HP PHOTOSMART 5520 IS NOT PRINTING BLACK
Is your HP Photosmart 5520 Is Not Printing Black? Then, try the following troubleshooting methods to fix it.
Method 1: Using genuine HP Ink Cartridge
Using an incompatible or non-genuine ink cartridge may cause these kinds of issues. So, as the first step of troubleshooting, check whether you’re using the genuine black ink cartridge on your HP printer. If not, replace it with the genuine one.
Method 2: Using the correct media type
Similar to using an incompatible ink cartridge, using an incorrect media type may also lead to these kinds of issues.
- Ensure that you’re using the media type that is recommended by the HP printer manufacturer.
- Next, check whether the paper is loaded properly into the tray. If not, remove and reload it properly.
Method 3: Configuring the print settings correctly
Sometimes, misconfigured print settings might also block the printer from using the black ink cartridge for printing.
- Open the Print Properties window on your Windows or Mac computer.
- Go to the Paper Type/Quality or Document Options section.
- Check if the Print in Grayscale option is selected. If not, select it and print a test page to check whether the printer not printing in black ink issue is resolved. If not, perform the next method.
Method 4: Replacing the ink cartridge
- Check the ink level of the black cartridge by pressing the Ink icon on your printer’s main screen.
- If the ink level is low or empty, replace the cartridge with a new one.
- To do so, first, get the replacement black ink cartridge from a trusted retail store.
- Next, open the cartridge access door of your printer.
- Locate and remove the empty black ink cartridge from its slot.
- Now, unpack the new black cartridge and insert it into its slot.
- Close the door and print a test page to check whether the HP Photosmart 5520 Is Not Printing Black issue is resolved.
If not, contact us.