HP Officejet 4655 Troubleshooting in Simple Steps
HP Officejet 4655 Slow Printing
For HP Officejet 4655 Troubleshooting Printer Problems such as when your printer print speed is sedate than predicted speed, or if it does has not satisfy the speed that are mentioned in the 123 hp oj 4655 printer specification, then follow the steps.
Step 1 : HP Officejet 4655 Reboot
- Power up the HP Officejet printer.
- Stay until the printer is calm and immobile and then proceed.
- Maintain the printer in on, the power cord should be disconnected from the printer.
- The power cord is linked to the wall outlet.
- Stay for at least for 60 seconds.
- The power cord is linked again into the wall outlet and to the printer.
- Power up your 123.hp.com/oj4655 printer, if it does not switch on by itself.
- Stay till the warm-up phase gets over and the printer remains silent and stationary before you proceed.
- Attempt to print the sample document. If the issue still persists then perform the next step.
Step 2 : Check the HP 4655 Driver Settings
- Browse your Printer below Windows, and then select the Devices and Printers in the listed results.
- The printer symbol should be double-clicked.
- Set Preferences should be double-clicked.
- The paper type info should be recognized.
- Under the Paper type area, confirm that Plain paper is chosen.
- Below the Quality Settings area, ratify that the Draft or Normal are selected.
- Choose the Ok or Apply option to make sure with the changes that are done, shut down the printer driver window, and then the Devices and Printers screen.
- Try to print the document. If you are still facing the HP Officejet 4655 Troubleshooting problem, then perform the next step.
Step 3 : Installing the HP Officejet 4655 printer driver
- If the printer is linked to the system using a USB cable, then remove the cable from the 123.hp.com/oj4655 printer.
- Browse for the programs and features options under Windows, and then go with Programs and Features in the exhibited list of results.
- The list of installed programs gets displayed, then pick the printer’s name, and then select the Uninstall or Yes option.
- Follow the prompts to remove the entire software from your system.
- The system should be reset.
Step 4 : Re-install your HP 4655 Driver Software
When you have completed the uninstallation process of your printer driver, direct to our website, and then you can make use of the prompts to download and install the updated printer driver. Attempt to print a sample document. If your 123.hp.com/oj4655 printer is still experience the issue go to the next step.
Step 5 : HP Officejet 4655 Firmware Update
The firmware updates can be availed and downloaded from the website.
- Affirm that the printer is switched on and connected into the system, by using a network or a USB cable.
- Check our website and then choose Software and Drive Downloads, and then index in with your printer model number.
- Pick the operating system, if needed.
- Pick out your Firmware, and then click on the Download option.
- If the firmware section is unavailable, there is no printer firmware update is present.
- Pick out the Use HP Download and Install Assistant option-> Next->install now.
- If the serial number is not exhibited, then tap on the serial number of the respective printer, and then choose the Update option.
- If the serial number is exhibited on the list but if the status is not applicable, you need not needed to upgrade your 123 hp oj 4655 printer firmware. Choose the Cancel option.
- If the list does not contain your serial number and your printer is functioning by using a network connection, link with a USB cable, stay for 20 seconds and then pick out the Refresh option. Click Ok.
- If you connect a USB cable for the networked printer, then unplug the USB printer driver that was added by Windows.
- Search for Devices and Printers below Windows, and then access Devices and Printers from the results displayed.
- Right-click the device and then click Remove Device. Unplug the USB cable and reboot the system. Print a document to check if the HP Officejet 4655 Troubleshooting issue is resolved.
Step 6 : Analyze Network Status in HP Officejet 4655 Printer
If your printer is linked over a wired or wireless network, there are surplus tips and procedures which enable you to resolute your slow printing issues.
- Analyze the strength of the wireless signal in your system, by picking out the wireless connection symbol from the Windows taskbar. If the strength of the signal is not appreciable, you need to bring your router, system, and printer close to each other.
- If your printer is connected to the network using an Ethernet cable, make clear that the cable connections are kept secure.
- Reboot your router by disconnecting it, hold on for 10 seconds, and enable the 123 hp oj 4655 printer connection with the cable again.
HP Officejet 4655 Cartridge Jam
This document gives you a detailed elucidation on how to resolute the carriage jam. A carriage jam error normally transpire when the printer carriage cannot slide. Use the steps in this manual to resolve the carriage error.
Step 1 : HP Officejet 4650 Reboot
- The Power button makes you to turn off your printer. Even if your printer is still in ON condition, unplug the power cable from the printer
- Stay calm for a minute.
- The cable should be re- plugged.
- Use the power button to switch on Printer for HP Officejet 4655 Troubleshooting.
Step 2 : Print Status Report of HP Officejet 4650 Printer
In general, the hardware functionality of your printer is analyzed by letting the printer to print a Printer Status Report.
- The feeder tray of the HP Printer should be filled with fresh sheets of paper.
- Start the printer control panel. Click the printer display and tap on the Setup icon.
- Tap on the Reports option, by sliding the display to the next screen.
- Tap on the Printer Status Report option in order to print a report.
Solution two : Remove HP Officejet 4655 Paper Jam
The carriage block is resulted by the paper stuck on the slider. Use the prompts to get rid of paper jam from the printer.
Step 1 : Remove Paper Jam in Output Tray
- The unused papers that lies in the input tray need to be discarded.
- The output tray extender should be pulled out. Unlock the output tray to drag them towards you to take it out.
- Swipe the input tray out to its outermost position. Take off all the papers present inside the input tray. For this Troubleshooting remove the paper from the output rollers.
- With the aid of the torch light inspect whether there are any pieces of paper remains inside the output tray.
- The paper tray should be pulled out, the output tray is placed and then insert it back again.
Step 2 : Remove Jammer Paper from Input Tray
- Re- do the same steps that are mentioned in the clear paper jams.
- The jammed paper should be taken off from the printer, and then place the unused paper into the tray.
- The paper width guides are adjusted in such a way that it touch the paper, and then pull out the input tray to its place.
- The output tray should be replaced by pulling out the output tray onto the input tray.
If you are still encountering the issue while printing then proceed to the next step.
Step 3 : Rectify HP Officejet 4655 Cartridge Jam
- Your printer should be kept on now.
- For HP Officejet 4655 Troubleshooting ink cartridge access door should be accessed.
- The printer should be allowed to be in idle state for a while.
- The power cord from the rear of the printer should be taken off when your printer is on. Once it is done, the other end of the power cord should be disconnected from the power source.
- Keep in mind that the USB cable connected to the printer’s rear position should be removed.
- The wedged paper from the tray should be removed off with the utmost care.
- Look for the paper path so that it can be removed.
- Replace the paper path cover until it fits well into its place.
- The ink cartridge door should be locked.
- The power cord can be connected to the respective place as how they are earlier.
- If you connect your printer using a USB or Ethernet cable, it should be detached.
- The 123 hp oj 4655 printer can be switched on now.
Step 4 : Place HP 4655 Printer in Flat Surface:
- Power up the printer and hold for a while.
- Remove the power cord from the printer’s rear and the direct wall supply. Detach the USB cable from the printer if any.
- The printer should be moved to its right side in order to access its bottom. The hindrances which exists with your printer need to be discarded.
- The 123 HP Officejet 4655 printer should be rotated to its vertical position after inserting the input tray.
- You need to re-link the cable’s one end to the electrical supply and another end to the printer’s rear side.
- You need to attach the USB cable once again if you are using USB or Ethernet connection.
- Switch on the printer now and allow it to experience a warm- up period.
- You are not allowed to do with the succeeding steps until you are not completed with the warm-up phase.
- Once you are done with the above steps, permit your HP printer to take a print of a status report to examine whether Troubleshooting issue is resolved or not.
Solution 3 : HP Officejet 4655 Ink Cartridge Replacement
The carriage jam is the result of improper installation of cartridges. Make sure that the ink cartridges have been placed properly, go along with the on- screen instructions for ink cartridge replacement. After that, take a print of your 123 hp oj 4655 Printer Status once again to confirm that the issues have been resolved.
Solution 4 : Attempt to enable connection with the HP 4655 printer directly into a wall outlet
Establish the direct connection between the printer and a wall outlet. Enough power is needed for the proper gliding of the carriage. Here are the instructions that let you activate the direct connection and print a Status Report. Follow the succeeding steps if the problem has not been resolute.
Solution 5 : Reboot the HP Officejet 4655 configuration
In common, rebooting your printer will flash off all the configuration that you have done till the time of reset. On-screen prompts will be displayed while your printer is reset, and let you to print a Status Report to finish this HP Officejet 4655 Troubleshooting
We are third-party service providers of different hardware, software, and other devices. We are an independent company, and do not have any association with top printer brands. The images, trademarks, videos included in this site are only for reference and information purposes. We don’t claim any ownership of them.123.hp.com/oj4655