Fix HP Officejet Pro 8747 Wired Connection Issue
Get Solution for HP Officejet Pro 8747 Wired Connection Issue from our technical experts.
Step 1: Reboot the System, Printer & Router
- Disconnect the power cord from the router.
- Power off the printer and the system.
- Reconnect the power cord to the router, and then wait for the Internet (activity) light to display a normal connection status.
- Turn on the computer and the printer.
- Try to install the HP printer driver and software again.
Step 2: Ensure the Network and HP Officejet Pro 8747 Printer Connection Status
Verify that your network is working correctly and that your printer is ready for the network configuration.
- Confirm that the printer is ready for the network configuration.
- In case you employ Wireless connection: Access the Wireless network or Settings menu on the printer to ratify that the wireless signal is turned on. Verify that the light next to the Wireless icon is either on and stable, or flashing.
- If you employ Wired Connection: Ensure that the cable is connected to the printer Ethernet port and to an available port on the router. The green (link) light should be idle, and the orange (activity) light should flicker when the cable is linked.
- Verify that the printer is not linked to a guest or host network.
- If you have a double band router, ensure that it is set to the 2.4 GHz band. If the router is set to the 5 GHz band, your 123.hp.com/ojpro8747 printer cannot connect to the network.
- From your computer, you can easily view your network name and the password in the notification area.
- Try to configure the printer driver and software again.
Step 3: Link the Printer to the Network Manually
To Solve HP Officejet Pro 8747 Wired Connection Issue, Try to link the printer to the network manually so that the HP installer can recognize the printer. Make use of the Wireless Setup Wizard in case you have a touch or text-based control panel or try out with Wi-Fi Protected Setup. After completing the connection setup, try installing the HP printer driver and software again.
Figure: HP Officejet Pro 8747 Wired Connection
Step 4: Enable the HP Print and Scan Doctor
HP Print and Scan Doctor is used to detect and solve printing and scanning issues. Enable HP Print and Scan Doctor to quickly and automatically perform different HP Officejet Pro 8747 Troubleshooting procedures to resolve an issue.
- Access the HP Print and Scan Doctor tool, and then click on Start option on the welcome screen.
- In case the printer is not mentioned in the list, verify that the printer is switched on and connected or choose My printer is not listed, and then select the Retry option.
- Pick your printer, and then select Next.
- If the connection issue is found, pick the method being used to link your printer, make use of the guides on the screen, and then click Retry to Solve HP Officejet Pro 8747 Wired Connection Issue.
Step 5: Disable the Firewall Software on the System Temporarily
- Go back to the Print and Scan Doctor window, and then choose Network.
- In the drop-down list, select HP Officejet Pro 8747 Troubleshooting Firewalls.
- Select the name of any firewall software on your computer that has an Enabled status, and then click Disable.
- Try to install the printer driver and software again.
Step 6: Uninstall the HP Officejet Pro 8747 Driver and Software
- If the printer connects to your computer with a USB cable, unplug the cable from the printer.
- Find Programs and Features under Windows, and then choose Programs and Features in the list of results.
- From the list of installed programs, choose your printer name, and then click Uninstall or Yes.
- Make use of the instructions, to complete the software removal.
- Boot up the computer.
Step 7: Re-Installation of the HP Officejet Pro 8747 Software
- Turn on your printer.
- In case your printer is connected to the computer through a USB cable, disconnect the cable from the printer.
- Visit our website and then click Software and Driver Downloads.
- Select the Download option which is next to the full feature driver, or click Basic Drivers for other driver options, Now you can easily fix a HP Officejet Pro 8747 Wired Connection Issue.