HP Officejet Pro 8747 Printer Setup
Ojpro 8747 Print
Print your essential documents or photos from a Windows system and modify any related print job settings.
Procedure to Print your document
- Prior to print your documents, you can edit the documents to modify the text font and size, click on layout option, and you can also modify other appearance settings.
- Click File or the menu option, and then select the Print option to general print settings from the application in which you created the document.
- Choose 123.hp.com/ojpro8747 Printer Properties, Properties or Preferences to view more layout options, quality and advanced print settings. The Printing Preferences or Document Properties window gets displayed.
- Modify the following layout and paper settings for the print job. Menu names and the available settings may vary by the printer.
Portrait or Landscape orientation
Select Portrait for vertical printing or Landscape for horizontal printing. Navigate to the Orientation menu on the Layout, Finishing or Features option.
Paper tray or source
Select the tray in which you want to place the paper if your 123.hp.com/ojpro8747 printer has more than one tray.
Move to Source or Paper source menu on the Paper or Quality or Feature option.
Choose the paper type you are using, such as plain, brochure or other specialty types, so that your printer properly prints on the paper.
Select Type, paper type or Media menu on the Paper or Quality or Features option.
Select the paper size which you placed in the printer, such as a letter or legal paper.
Choose the Size or Paper Size menu in the Advance options or on the Features option.
Duplex printing – Two-sided printing
According to the printer model, you can automatically print your desired documents on both sides of the paper, or set up the print job to manually turn the pages.
Click on the Print on Both Sides option on the Layout, Finishing or Features option.
The Printing Shortcut option may include shortcuts to print on both sides of the document.
Ojpro 8747 Scan
Use the HP Scan and Capture Application
Take a click of the images or documents from the HP Officejet Pro 8747 Printer Setup or the system camera using HP Scan and Capture, a free application for Windows 8 and 10 which is available from the Microsoft Store.
Procedure to configure and scan with HP Scan and Capture
Install the HP Scan and Capture app from the Microsoft Store.
- Turn on the printer.
- Mount the file you want to scan on the scanner glass or position it into the automatic document feeder (ADF) if your printer has one.
- Look for Scan and Capture under Windows, and then select HP Scan and Capture in the available list of results.
- Tap the menu icon, and then choose Settings.
- Click Select Device, and then select your 123.hp.com/ojp8747 printer.
- Select Document Scan Options or Photo Scan Options to alter any settings, and then tap the back arrow.
- Tap outside the Settings menu, and then click Capture Documents or Capture Photos.
- Once you are done with the Scan, choose the Save option.
The Save As window opens to store the file in the particular folder.
Scan using HP Scan software
You can begin the scan jobs from the system, adjust scan quality settings, save the scan as PDF files and more. Two versions of HP Scan are available, based on when your 123.hp.com/ojp8747 printer was released. Both offer the same functionality and scanning support.
- Place the file on the scanner glass, in the document feeder slot, or in the automatic document feeder, based on your printer type and features.
- Find your printer model
- If the printer is displayed, tap on the printer name in the list of results.
- If the printer does not display, visit our website, select Software and Driver Downloads, and then index your printer model number. From the Driver- Printer Installation software, tap Download next to the full feature driver.
- If the full feature driver does not display, the printer does not support HP Scan software.
- Click Scan a Document or Photo.
- HP Scan opens.
- Choose one of the shortcuts that correspond to the file type and the resulting action you prefer.
- Modify any of the shortcut default settings on the right side of the window, if required.
- Choose Show scan preview or Show Viewer After Scan to preview and make additional edits to the scan before saving it.
- Click Advanced Settings or More to edit the settings such as quality, color, and default scan destination folder.
- Choose Scan.
- The 123 HP Officejet Pro 8747 Printer scans the file, and then a pre-screen of the scan displays in HP Scan.
- If necessary, double-click the thumbnail image of the scanned file, and then alter any additional settings.
- Choose Save.
- The Save as the window opens.
- Select the folder where you want to store the scan in, modify the File name if required, verify the file type in the Save as type menu, and then choose Save.
- You can view your scan by accessing the folder in which you saved the scan, and then double-click the file.
Ojpro 8747 Copy
Use your corresponding printer to provide a copy of printed document and photos.
Step 1: Place the original document or images
Mount the original document in the Automatic Document Feeder tray or on the scanner glass. Employ the scanner to copy original images or to provide a two-sided copy.
- 1. Power on your corresponding printer.
- 2. Mount the original document or images:
- Use Automatic Document Feeder: Place the document into the document feeder tray with the print side facing upward and such that the top edge goes into the tray first. Alter the width guides to fit the documents. The control panel displays the originally loaded document.
- Employ the Scanner glass: Load the original document with the print side downward on the scanner glass, mount it according to the engraved guides around the glass, and then shut down the scanner lid.
Step 2: Copy the required photos or document
Make use of the Copy menu on the printer’s control panel to choose copy settings and then begin the copy job.
- On the printer’s control panel, choose Copy.
- Select Document, ID Card or Photo.
- Choose the essential number of copies, or enter the number of copies.
- Under Tray Selection, select the tray and paper size.
- From two-sided, you can select either one or two-sided copying.
- Select Touch to Preview, and then click the preview to alter the photo from the Edit screen, you can crop, resize and alter the contrast of the copy.
- Click Done to go back to the copy screen.
- Tap on Settings icon, and then mention the essential advanced copy settings:
- Select Lighter or Darker, swipe the display to select the darkness level, and then choose Done.
- Select Quality to choose a specific quality level. Draft quickly makes a copy with less ink. Normal gives standard copy quality. Best provides a copy with finer details.
- Click Enhancements to select Print or photo-specific settings.
- Choose Binding Margin, and then choose On to provide pages with margin shifted to the left side of the page.
- Save advanced settings: Choose Save Current Settings to obtain the advanced settings after this copy job, and then click Save.
- Select Back to return to the Copy screen.
- Click Start Black, Start Color or Start Copy to begin the copy job.
- If you face any issue, contact our technical support to rectify your issues.
Ojpro 8747 Fax
In a fax you can send and receive a document easier via a landline connection. While faxing dedicated landline is used instead of an active Internet connection, it is also more reliable than email. Go through the document to setup your printer for faxing, send and receive your faxes, fix and troubleshoot your fax issues.
Configure the printer for faxing
Plug the telephone cord and configure the fax connection.
Step 1: Satisfy the requisites
Prior to set up the fax service, ratify that you have completed the following tasks:
- Acquire an active telephone landline.
- Install the ink cartridge into its corresponding slot.
- Place plain, white paper in the input tray.
- Avail the two-wire telephone cord and adapter that came along with the printer.
Step 2: Prep for the fax connection
Fix the telephone cord, configure your fax connection, and then choose your fax settings from the printer’s control panel. These procedures explain you to, how to setup faxing for a phone system using a voice or fax line and a telephone answering machine.
- Ensure that you unlink any telephone devices from the phone jack where you are connecting to your printer.
- Take away the plug from the port labeled 2-EXT on the printer and the answering machine phone cord from the phone jack.
- Connect the answering machine phone cord to the port labeled 2-EXT on the printer.
- From the control panel of the printer, select Fax Fax Setup and then select Preferences.
- Scroll down the display, and then click Rings to Answer.
- Choose a number that is two rings more than your answering machine setting.
- Click on Done option.
- Navigate the display, and then confirm that the Auto Answer is set to On. In case Auto Answer is off, turn it on.
Step 3: Select the basic fax settings
The general fax settings that set on the printer might be all you need to send and receive the required fax.
Set up the dial type
The dial type setting on the phone must be similar to the type of dialing used on the phone setting. In case the dial type does not match, the printer cannot call other fax systems.
- From the control panel of your HP Officejet Pro 8747 Printer Setup, click on Fax option, and then choose Setup.
- Select Preferences.
- Scroll down the display, and then click Dial Type.
- Select Tone or Pulse.
Setup the fax speed
Modify the fax speed to improve the communication speed between the printer and other fax machines.
- From the control panel of your printer, select Fax Setup
- Choose Preferences.
- Swipe up on the display, and then choose Speed.
- Select Slow, Medium or Fast based on your preferences.
We are third-party service providers of different hardware, software, and other devices. We are an independent company, and do not have any association with top printer brands. The images, trademarks, videos included in this site are only for reference and information purposes. We don’t claim any ownership of them.