HP OFFICEJET PRO 8710 IS NOT PRINTING
HP OFFICEJET PRO 8710 IS NOT PRINTING DESCRIPTION
The HP OfficeJet Pro 8710 printer is an all-in-one wireless machine. The printer is designed in a way to support wireless printing. With a state-of-the-art touchscreen, the printer is very user-friendly. It also supports mobile printing features allowing you to print from your palm. The printer helps to reduce wastage of paper, courtesy of the duplexer.
There are some problems you might face despite the laurels the HP OfficeJet Pro 8710 printer deserves. One such issue is that the printer stops printing. There are several things to look at as to why the HP OfficeJet Pro 8710 printer is not printing. Some of them are given here.
- Paper Jams
- Printer offline
- Ink Cartridge issues
Without much further ado, here are some troubleshooting steps to look at before proceeding with the actual methods.
- Check the USB cable connected between the printer and the computer.
- Viruses and malware can play a huge role in causing the printer to stop printing.
- The print quality of the document is set too high, thus resulting in the printer not printing.
- Check the ink cartridges in the printer and replace them if necessary.
Here are the troubleshooting methods that can be helpful for the HP OfficeJet Pro 8710 printer.
Fix 1: Reset the printer
- Make sure the printer is turned on.
- Remove the power cord from the HP printer and the plug from the main power source.
- Wait for at least 1-2 minutes, and connect the power cord to the printer and the plug to the main power source.
- If the HP printer doesn’t power on, press the Power button on its control panel.
Fix 2: Check the print media inside the printer<
- Make sure you use the HP-supported media while printing documents.
- Do not load papers that are crushed, torn, or damaged in any way.
- Ensure that the paper doesn’t exceed the tray capacity.
- Load a different kind of paper to see if the issue is related to the papers in the HP printer.
Fix 3: Check the Ink Cartridges
An empty ink cartridge might lead to the HP OfficeJet Pro 8710 printer not printing problem. To rectify this issue, carry out the instructions given below.
- Open the HP printer software installed on your computer.
- Make sure the HP 8710 printer is the chosen one for the software.
- You can check the ink levels to see if the cartridges are empty.
If the cartridges are empty, you can replace them with the following steps.
- Make sure the HP printer is turned on.
- Open the cartridge access door.
- Press the front part of the empty ink cartridge to release it from the slot.
- Remove the new cartridge from the sealed packaging.
- Slowly slide the new ink cartridge into its slot until it’s secure.
Fix 4: Printer Offline
Disable Use Printer Offline
- Open the Control Panel window on your Windows computer.
- Select Devices and Printers and right-click on the HP OfficeJet Pro 8710 printer.
- Select See what’s printing.
- Click the Printer tab; unselect the checkbox for Use Printer Offline (if the option is enabled).
Restart Print Spooler
- Open the Run command (Windows key + R).
- Type services.msc in the Run command field and press the Enter button.
- The Windows Services window will now open.
- Locate the Print Spooler service.
- Do a right-click on the option and select the Restart option.
Fix 5: Get rid of Paper Jam
- Remove the input tray from the HP printer.
- Take out the paper stack present inside.
- Look inside the printer, locate, and remove the jammed paper.
- Make sure that you arrange the paper stack properly in accordance with the paper guide.
- Remove the damaged paper from the stack if there is any.
Follow the mentioned methods to ensure that the HP OfficeJet Pro 8710 printer works again and prints properly.