Driver installation for Windows
Step 1 : Download the upgraded 123 hp oj 5746 driver for Windows operating system
A full feature printer driver download or the HP Easy Start guided installation application is available on the download page based on the printer model and the operating system. You can install the best 123 hp oj 5746 printer driver for your printer.
- Use the instructions to download the upgraded printer driver from our website.
- After the printer driver download process, you can install the printer driver.
- In case the HP Easy Start app gets activated but it fails to download the 123 hp oj 5746 printer driver, verify that the computer has an internet connection, and try to download again.
- In case you are not able to recognize your printer model from our website or if the website is not available, then continue to use the procedure to download the printer driver from our website.
- Go to our website to acquire the upgraded Software and Driver Downloads.
- Fill in with your corresponding printer model, if needed and then ratify whether the operating system is appropriate.
- Tap Download, which is under the Driver 123 HP Officejet 5746 Printer Installation Software, or track the instruction that gets prompted.
- The current version of printer driver will be downloaded in the Downloads folder.
Step 2 : Steps for printer driver installation
At the time of installation, you need to prefer a connection type and pick any one among the USB, Wireless or Wired option, depending on the model of your 123 hp oj 5746 printer and connection type to finish the installation process.
- Start the downloads folder and then begin HP Easy Start or the full feature printer driver .exe folder to commence with the installation process.
- Make use of the guidelines prompted on the display to enable the connection to the printer and then install the downloaded printer driver.
- Go through the instructions to enable the connection between the printer and the computer then install the printer driver.
- When you are prompted by the installer, pick Add Printer to generate a print queue on the device.
- Pick your printer name, choose the Use or Print Using menu option, pick your 123 HP Officejet 5746 printer name in the pull-down list and then choose Add.
- Revert to the HP installer to finish the installation process.
Driver installation for Mac device
Make use of the procedures which are listed under Driver installation for Windows, and then continue with the step which is listed below.
Procedure to install the printer driver
Downloaded printer driver gets stored in the Downloads folder, and then install the 123 hp oj 5746 printer driver from the download folder. When you are instructed, select a type of connection at the time of the installation process, pick USB, Wireless or Wired option, depending on the model of your HP printer and then connection preferences to complete the installation process.
- When the download folder is enabled, you can access the HP Easy Start file or the complete feature printer driver .dmg folder to begin the installation process.
- The rest of the steps are similar to driver installation for Windows, so you can make use of the steps to finish the driver installation process for a Mac device.
Printing photos using Windows Photo Viewer
Step 1 : Place the photo paper in the photo tray
- Power up the printer.
- Fill paper in the input tray and slide out the paper width guides their extreme position.
- Keep the photo paper such that the short edge faces forward and the print side faces downward into the photo tray.
- Push the paper tray forward until it stops.
- Slide in the paper width guides so that they rest against the edges of the photo paper and keep the photo paper in the center position of the tray.
- Make certain that you install the output tray on the input tray again, if you have taken it out, and then press the input tray into the 123 HP Officejet 5746 printer until it clicks into its place.
Step 2 : Alter the print settings and then print the photo
Employ the Windows Photo Viewer to make certain with the print job and to make certain that the paper in the photo paper input tray is used.
- Right-tap on the photo that you want to print and then choose Print, or pick Open with, go to Windows Photo Viewer and then tap Print.
- From the drop-down list which is listed above the photo, pick your 123 hp oj 5746 printer, paper size, and print quality. For the Paper type option, tap HP Photo Papers and then pick Options.
- From the Print Settings window pane, choose Printer Properties.
- To obtain borderless photos, pick the Printing Shortcut option, choose Photo Printing-Borderless. Choose the Paper/Quality option.
- From the Paper/Quality option, pick Photo tray from the Paper Source pull-down list and then choose Advanced.
- From the Advanced options window pane, pick 10 * 15cm/4*6in. in the Paper Size drop-down list and then select Ok.
- Pick Ok from the Document Properties window.
- From the Print Pictures window, pick Print.
- When the printing is done, tSake out the unused photo paper from the paper tray. Bent paper may decrease the quality of your printout.
For more details, contact our technical support to attain the best solution instantly.
123 hp oj 5746 Scan to a computer
Scan the desired documents or photos from the printer’s control panel to your system, make certain that the system is turned on, the full feature printer driver is installed, and the printer is linked to the system using a USB cable or over the local wireless network.
Step 1 : Keep the photo or document on the scanner glass
Scan your desired documents or images from the scanner lid or from the Automatic Document Feeder (ADF) tray.
- Power up your printer.
- Keep the image or document that you want to scan:
- Employing Scanner glass : Locate the document with the print side downwards on the scanner glass and according to the guides conferred around the glass. Lower the scanner lid.
- Employing ADF : Place the file into the document feeder tray. Make sure that the print side faces upward and the top edge enters into the tray first. Alter the width guides to place the file.
Step 2 : Scan the required file from your printer
You can Scan the required document or images and send it to your system and save it on the system.
- On the control panel of your 123 HP Officejet 5746 printer, select the Scan option.
- Tap on Computer to scan to the connected system.
- Pick the name of your system and the location where you need to store the scanned document.
- Tap Scan Shortcut and then choose a shortcut that appropriately suits with the document or photo that you are scanning.
Scan to a memory device
Scan your desired documents or photos and save it on a memory device.
Step 1 : Keep the photo or document on the scanner glass
Scan the document or photos from the scanner glass or from the ADF (Automatic Document Feeder) tray.
- Switch on your printer.
- Keep the essential images or documents that are to be scanned.
- Scanner glass : Locate the document such that the printed side needs to face downwards on the scanner glass and then locate it according to the guides conferred around the scanner glass. Finally, close the scanner lid.
- Automatic Document Feeder : Place the document or photo into the document feeder tray. The print side faces upward and the top edge enters into the feeder tray first. Modify the width guides to locate the file in a correct position.
Step 2 : Scan the documents from the memory device
Pick the memory device and then scan from the control panel display of your HP printer.
- Connect the memory device to the printer.
- From the printer display, choose the Scan symbol.
- Tap Memory device.
- Pick your File type and Resolution.
- Pick Start Scan to scan the document or photo.
HP Officejet 5746 fax setup
This manual gives you details on how to setup your HP Officejet 5746 printer to fax.
Step 1 : Meet the following requirements
Examine that all the essential needs have been met prior to setting up your printer to fax.
- A working conditioned telephone landline.
- Fix the ink cartridges on the printer.
- Fill in with fresh white paper in the input tray.
- Obtain the telephone cord and adapter (if needed) that came with the 123 hp oj 5746 printer box.
Step 2 : Configure Fax on your corresponding printer
Attach the telephone cable and modify the ring settings from the printer display. Fix the ring settings from the printer display after plugging in with a telephone cord. Track the instructions below to set the fax on your HP Officejet 5746 printer.
- Detach any telephone devices from the phone jack where your specific 123 hp oj 5746 printer is linked to.
- Detach the yellow plug from the port labeled 2- EXT on the printer’s hind side.
- Hold the replying machine power cord from the phone jack, and connect it to the port labeled 2- EXT on the printer’s hind side.
- If an alternative phone cord is employed as an alternative to the one which came with the printer to plug in with the printer, the fax job may be fruitless.
- Access the control panel of your printer, swipe the display to the left to select Setup.
- Scroll the display to its top, go to Fax Setup -> Setup Wizard and then follow the steps to configure the 123.hp.com/oj5746 printer for faxing.
Step 3 : Configure the basic fax settings
Modify the default settings preferably to your necessities. Track the instructions to alter some settings.
Index the contact number in the phone book
Trail the instructions below to index a new contact to the phone book.
- Access the printer control panel and then pick Fax-> Send Now.
- Tap on the Phone Book icon.
- Navigate to the Phone Book Contact icon plus sign to index a contact number in the contact list.
- Select Name, Key in with the name and then select the Done option.
- Tap Fax Number, and then type the fax number of the contact, pick Done.
- Tap on Add.
Set the dial type
Ratify that the dial type setting on your phone matches the type of dialing employed in the phone settings. Your 123.hp.com/oj5746 print connect or call to other fax systems if the dial type does not assist.
- Access your printer display, swipe the screen to the left and tap Setup.
- Click the next screen and pick Fax Setup Preferences.
- Mouse over the display, pick Dial Type.
- Tap Tone or Pulse.
Fix the fax speed
You can fix the fax speed to slow, medium, or fast depending upon your requirements. Fix the fax speed to low to diminish the speed is set to slow, but the fax job needs quite longer time to complete.
- Swipe on your display to the left of the control panel and then pick Setup.
- Scroll to the top of your screen, pick Fax Setup Preferences.
- Mouse over to the display and then tap on Speed.
- Pick Slow, Medium, or Fast.
Fix the fax volume
Set the fax ringer volume to mild tone or loud, or disable the volume.
- Access the control panel, mouse over the display on the left and tap Setup.
- Select Fax Setup by scrolling on the display and then pick Preferences.
- Scroll over the display and then pick Fax Volume.
- Choose Soft, off or loud.
Configure the fax header
Print the fax header on the faxes you need to send.
- Browse for Setup on the 123.hp.com/oj5746 printer display.
- Start fax Setup-> Preferences-> Fax Header.
- Fill in with your name or company’s name in the Enter your name column by employing the touch panel keypad and then pick Done to store the modifications.
- When the numerical keypad is displayed, employ it to index the fax number in the Enter fax number tab and choose Done to store modifications.
Step 4 : Perform a fax test
Perform a fax test to make certain that the appropriate fax preferences are chosen.
- Pick Setup->Fax Setup-> Tools-> Test The fax test report prints fruitfully.
- Have an overview of the Fax Test Report.
- If the report screens that the printer passes the test but your 123.hp.com/oj5746 printer still faces facing problems, examine the fax settings sorted in the printed report to ratify that the settings preferred are proper. Fax issues may be caused by incorrect or blank settings.
- If the report screens the 123 hp oj 5746 printer failed the test, have a glance at the report for more details about how to repair fax issues.
We are third-party service providers of different hardware, software, and other devices. We are an independent company, and do not have any association with top printer brands. The images, trademarks, videos included in this site are only for reference and information purposes. We don’t claim any ownership of them.123.hp.com/oj5746