Fix HP Officejet 5740 Troubleshooting Issue
There was a trouble connecting to the server error message displays, This document defines issues that can occur with printer apps and how to hp officejet 5740 troubleshooting.
How to Clear HP Officejet 5740 Printer Apps Error?
Step 1 : Close and Re-Open the Printer Applications
Attempt to use the printer app. If the issue continues, go to the next step.
Step 2 : Attempt to Use the Printer App Later
Attempt to use the printer app later when HP Web Services is accessible.
Step 3 : Check Whether the 123.hp.com/oj5740 Printer is Connected to the Appropriate Wireless Network
If your 123.hp.com/oj5740 printer is not associated with a working Internet connection, printer apps do not work properly. In the printer display, access the Wireless network or Settings menu to make certain that the wireless signal is activated.
Step 4 : Upgrade the HP Officejet 5740 Printer Firmware
- Tap the ePrint icon or button or, click Settings or Setup if needed, then tap Product Update or Check Product Updates.
- If you are impelled to register or accept terms of service, have a glance at the on-screen instructions to enable Web Services and configure automatic updates. This process sets up the printer Internet connection so it can receive informs.
- If the printer does not start up the update process by itself, choose Check for Updates or a similar menu to start the upgrade, keep follow our solution for HP Officejet 5740 Troubleshooting Issues.
Solve Officejet 5740 Apps Launch Slowly, Lock or Crash Issue
Step 1 : Eliminate, then Re-Add the Printer App
Log in to your HP Connected account to eliminate, and then re-add the printer app.
- The My Printers tab unlocks and a list of linked printers display.
- Select the Printer Apps tab. A list of printer apps supported by your printer shows.
- Below the My Printer Apps tab, choose the printer model that you need to eradicate, and then pick Remove from My Apps. The printer app is detached.
- To add a printer app, select the printer app that you want to add under the Apps heading, and then select Add to My Apps.
Step 2 : HP Officejet 5740 Turn off then Switch on Web Services
To reset the printer apps for your printer, switch off and then turn on Web Services from the printer’s control panel, follow our steps for HP Officejet 5740 Troubleshooting.
- Evaluate whether the following services and features that do not work after you switch off Web Services.
- HP ePrint : Eliminates your HP ePrint printer email address and allowed senders list.
- If you have an already existing email account on the same printer comma link with it or else register yourself with a new account and then link it. At this time comma make sure that your web services is enabled.
- HP Printer Apps : Eliminates all printer apps.
- HP Instant Ink : Eliminates the printer from your HP Connected account, but monthly enrollment and billing continue.
- Without Web Services, the server can no longer link with the printer to monitor ink levels and direct new ink cartridges, and the printer might halt printing. If you enrolled in the HP Instant Ink service, you need to stop your HP Instant Ink service separately. Continue using your 123.hp.com/oj5740 Instant Ink service, you must switch on Web Services, and then track the instructions on the information page to add your printer to HP Connected.
- On your printer’s control panel, click the ePrint icon or button, and then tap Settings.
- If your printer’s control panel is not provided with an ePrint icon or button, direct to Web Services Setup, Network Setup, or Wireless Settings to access the Web Services menu, liable to your printer model.
- Choose Turn Off, Disable, or Remove, depending on your printer model.
- Track the on-screen instructions to switch off HP Web Services.
- Switch on HP Web Services by recapping the same steps you used to turn it off.
- After you switch on HP Web Services, a printer claim code prints that you can use to add your printer to HP Connected, in countries/regions that help in HP Connected.
Step 3 : Examine the Network Ports
If you are using your printer in a business environment, hp officejet 5740 troubleshooting problems can occur if definite router ports have been closed by your network administrator. If the ports are closed, the HP printer cannot pledge outward connections to the Web Services servers. Attempt to use the printer app.
HP Officejet 5740 Troubleshooting Turns Off Unexpectedly or Repeatedly Issue
The printer suddenly switches off without warning. A print, copy, scan, or fax job fails because power may be low or the printer is off. The printer does not reply to any job when it is turned off. When the hp oj 5740 printer is linked to an outlet that is supplying low power problem, the printer might power off frequently.
Step 1 : Alter the Entry Settings (optional)
Your printer is intended to decrease power consumption when the printer is not active. Auto Power Off or Schedule On and Off allows the printer to turn off after two hours of idleness. When you are prepared to use your printer again, press the Power button to switch the printer back on. Monitor the Schedule On and Off or Auto Power Off feature on the 123.hp.com/oj5740 printer’s control panel or over the software, liable to your printer model.
Step 2 : Resume the Printer
- Switch on the printer and wait until the printer is silent before you proceed.
- With the printer switched on, unplug the power cord, pause for 60 seconds and plug it back into the socket.
- Switch on the printer, if it does not turn on by itself.
Step 3 : Upgrade the HP Officejet 5740 Printer Firmware
- For HP Officejet 5740 Troubleshooting, Ensure that the printer is on and linked to the computer, via a local network or a USB cable.
- Choose your operating system comma if mandatory.
- Select Firmware, and then choose Download.
- If a Firmware section is not opted for, an upgrade is not presently available for your printer.
- Choose Use HP Download and Install Assistant, select Next, and then choose Install now.
- When the Printer Update window exhibits, look for the printer serial number.
- If the serial number displays, choose the checkbox next to it, and then select Update.
- If the serial number displays but the status is ‘not applicable’, you do not need to finish the firmware upgrade. Select Cancel.
- If the serial number does not display and your printer uses a network connection, link a USB cable to the 123.hp.com/oj5740 and computer, pause for 20 seconds, and then select Refresh.
- When the upgrade finishes, click OK.
- If you connected a USB cable to upgrade your network printer, eliminate the USB driver installed by Windows.
After the firmware is upgraded, check the Officejet 5740 printer power choices as was done before.
Step 4 : Connect the HP Officejet 5740 Printer Directly to a Power Outlet
- For HP Officejet 5740 Troubleshooting, Switch off the printer.
- Free the printer power cord from the power strip or surge suppressor.
- Scrutinize the power cord for any wear or damage.
- Pause for at least 30 seconds, and then plug the power cord straight into an electrical outlet.
Step 5 : Ensure Other Devices are not Causing the Issue
Having too many other electronic devices linked to your printer may cause your printer to lose power and switch off. Ensure that the USB cable runs directly from the computer to the printer.
- If the printer is connected to a USB hub, detach the hub, and then connect the USB cable straight to the computer and the printer.
- Eliminate any memory cards or USB drives from the printer.
- Switch Off and Switch On the HP Officejet 5740 printer.
Step 6 : Join the Printer into a Different Electrical Outlet
- For HP Officejet 5740 Troubleshooting, Switch off the printer.
- If applicable, separate the USB cable from the printer.
- Place the printer to a different electrical outlet, rather to one in another room or area, and on alter electrical circuit.
- If appropriate, re-join the USB cable to the rear of the printer.
- Re-join the power cord to the rear of the printer and switch on the printer.
Step 7 : Substitute the Power Module
Contingent to your 123.hp.com/oj5740 printer model, the power supply may include a power module inside the printer (internal) or outside the printer (external). Read the section that equals the power supply type for your printer.
External power module
If the display light on the power module is off, or if the power module does not have a display light and you have tried all of the previous solutions, replace the power module.
Internal power module
If the display light on the printer is off or if there is no display light, and you have tried all the former solutions, proceed to the next step to examine the printer, by following our steps you can complete hp officejet 5740 troubleshooting issue.