123.hp.com/oj5740 How to Scan?
Study How to Scan a Photo or a Document using the Selections available on the 123.hp.com/oj5740 printer’s control panel.
HP Officejet 5740 Scan to a Computer & Memory Device
For scanning or to taking a photo or document from the control panel to your computer, ensure that the computer is on, the full feature printer driver is mounted, and the HP Officejet 5740 printer is associated to the computer with a USB cable or over your local wireless network.
Step 1 : Place the Photo or Document
- Switch on the 123.hp.com/setup 5740 printer.
- Place the picture or document on the scanner glass or ADF.
Scanner glass : Position the item and then place it rendering to the engraved guides around the glass.
ADF : Mount the item into the document feeder tray. Regulate the width guides to fit the item.
Step 2 : HP Officejet 5740 Scan to Computer
- On the printer’s control panel, tap the Scan icon.
- Click Computer to scan to the linked computer.
- Tap the name of the computer that you wish to save the scan to.
- Tap Scan Shortcut, and then choose a shortcut that resembles to the document or picture you are scanning.
- Click Start Scan. The 123.hp.com/oj5740 printer scans the document or image, and then saves it to the destination stated in the settings.
Step 3 : HP Officejet 5740 Scan the Item-Memory Device
Choose the memory device, and then scan from the HP Officejet 5740 printer’s control panel.
- Attach the memory device into the printer.
- On the printer’s control panel, click the Scan icon.
- Tap Memory device.
- Choose your File Type and Resolution.
- Tap Start Scan to scan the item.
How do I Set up Scan to Email on 123.hp.com/oj5740?
Step 1 : Arrange for the Scan Job
To use the scan to email feature, ensure that the printer is linked to the wireless network and that Web Services is permitted.
- Ensure that the printer is turned on and linked to your local wireless network with an active Internet connection. Click the Wireless icon on the printer’s control panel to examine the connection status.
- Tap the Web Services icon to ratify that Web Services is activated on your 123.hp.com/oj5740 printer.
Step 2 : Fix Up the Scan to Email Profile
- On the 123.hp.com/setup 5740 printer’s control panel, tap the Scan icon, and then click Email.
- On the welcome screen, tap Continue.
- Tap inside the Email: box, enter in your email address and then select Done.
- Tap Continue.
- A PIN is sent to the email address you typed. Select Continue.
- Tap PIN, select the PIN you received in your email and then tap Done.
- Select Store Email or Auto-login, contingent to how you want the HP Officejet 5740 printer to store your login information.
Step 3 : HP Officejet 5740 Scan the Item
- On the printer’s control panel, tap the Scan icon, and then select Email.
- On the control panel display, choose the account that you want to use, and then tap Continue.
- Select the name of the email profile that you created, type the password if prompted, and then scan the item.
How to Store and Handle Paper to Avoid 123.hp.com/oj5740 Paper Jams?
To help prevent recurrent paper jams and uphold the best print quality, it is vital to protect the 123.hp.com/oj5740 printer paper from damage caused by indecorous handling, storage or extremes in temperature, and humidity. Track the guidelines and steps in this document for handling and loading the paper you use in your printer.
Step 1 : Use Paper that Encounters the Printer’s Specifications
Before you buy paper, evaluate the paper-handling specifications for your Officejet 5740 printer and then ensure that you purchase paper that matches those specifications.
- In the Search HP.com text field, enter in your printer model and “Printer Specifications”, and then click Enter.
- A page opens that shows the matching results.
- Below Recommended Links, click the Printer Specifications document for your printer.
- The Printer Specifications page shows.
- Select Paper-handling specifications, and then protect the information for your records.
Step 2 : Stock Printer Paper in a Controlled Environment
Stock your printer paper in an enclosed space that is flat, dry, and easily accessible. Follow the below guidelines to save your 123.hp.com/oj5740 printer paper from damage, prevent paper jams, and preserve the quality of your printed documents.
- Unique package Stock the paper in its original package until it is ready for use. The package helps avert the paper from being torn, wrinkled, folded or otherwise damaged. It also shields the paper’s specified moisture content, weight, and other physical features.
- Reseal after opening When you expose the paper package and do not use all the paper, be assure to reseal the package with tape. This defends the paper from environmental factors and also averts dust from accumulating on the paper, which can cause the printer to pick up more than one sheet at a time.
- Room temperature Stock the paper at room temperature and at a relative humidity of 45% to 55%.
- Keep away from doors, windows, and vents Evade storing paper and print media near heating and air conditioning vents, or near windows and doors that are used often. The temperature and humidity variations near these areas could damage the paper.
- Flat surface only Stock the paper on a flat surface, preferably in a cabinet or on a shelf. Do not store paper on rough surfaces, like the top of the 123.hp.com/oj5740 printer or the edge of a table. This can unfavorably affect the physical properties of the paper and cause poor print quality, paper jams, or paper pick issues, Click for Troubleshooting Issues.
- The three-month rule As an over-all rule, do not purchase more paper than you can use in three months. Paper that is kept for long periods of time can suffer harm from extended exposure to the environment.
How Temperature and Humidity Can affect Paper Jam?
Paper is a water-loving material. Ambient humidity and temperature variations can affect the following physical characteristics of 123.hp.com/setup 5740 printer paper:
- Paper mass
- Paper width
- Paper firmness
Heating systems and air conditioners eliminate humidity from the air, and evaporative coolers add humidity to the air. If the paper package is left open, paper can either lose or gain moisture. The paper that has absent moisture content streaks and smudges when printing.
Temperature and Humidity Can Harm Print Media
Heat causes moisture in the paper to vanish and might cause multiple sheets to feed at the same time. Humid weather or water coolers add humidity to the air and may cause the paper to alter and jam in the printer. HP Printers are intended to produce high-quality documents when the 123.hp.com/oj5740 printer paper encounters the printer’s specifications. As paper loses and gains moisture, its physical characteristics can alter, and the paper warps or gets wavy. Feeding warped or wavy paper into the hp oj 5740 printer marks in paper jams.
Step 3 : Mount and Handle the Paper Carefully
Paper that is misaligned in the input tray can cause paper jams, or can cause the printed image to be slanted. Feeding paper that has been damaged by mishandling into the printer can cause paper jams, skewed images, and usually poor print quality. Follow the steps below below steps to load the paper in the printer.
- Access the paper tray door, and then pull it near you to extend the paper tray.
- Moderately pull out the paper tray extender, and then raise up the paper catch.
- Slip the paper width guides to their outermost position.
- Inspect the condition of the paper, and then substitute any ripped, dusty, curled, wrinkled, or bent paper.
- Mount a stack of paper into the input tray with the short edge forward and the 123.hp.com/oj5740 print side down. Shove the stack into the tray until it stops.