HP OFFICEJET 5258 IS NOT PRINTING
HP OFFICEJET 5258 IS NOT PRINTING DESCRIPTION
As an all-in-one printer, HP OfficeJet 5258 has a lot to offer. This printer is more of an entry-level machine that can print documents on a normal day-to-day basis.
One of the finest features, as it is an all-in-one printer, is the use of the automatic document feeder. It helps to send multiple pages or documents to the scanner. The printer can hold up to 35 legal originals in the feeder. Regardless of the features like the built-in wireless network and the easy use of the control panel, the printer will go through some issues.
One such stated issue we are going to discuss is the inability to print using the HP OfficeJet 5258 printer. There can be different reasons to look at as to why the HP OfficeJet 5258 printer won’t print.
Some of the reasons are:
- Ink cartridge issues
- Problem with the power source at your home or office
- USB interface or wireless connectivity issues
- The printer might be offline
Before you go ahead and read the methods to troubleshoot the issue with not printing, check if the power cord is properly attached to both the main power source and the printer.
Method 1: Check the Ink Cartridges
The primary cause for the printer not printing problem could be the empty ink cartridges. Replace the ink cartridges for seamless printing. Here’s what you need to know to replace the ink cartridge in your HP OfficeJet 5258 printer.
- Ensure that the printer is turned on.
- Open the access door.
- Locate the empty or dry cartridge that needs to be replaced.
- Open the latch that covers the ink cartridge.
- Remove the empty or dry ink cartridge from its slot.
- Open the new ink cartridge from the sealed packaging.
- Place the cartridge in its place and close the latch.
- Repeat the same steps for the other ink cartridge in case it needs a replacement.
- Try to print a document and you will find the issue resolved.
Method 2: Reconnect the printer to the wireless network
If you have the HP OfficeJet 5258 printer disconnected from the wireless network, it won’t print from your laptop or computer. You can use the Wi-Fi Protected Setup feature to fix the problem.
(NOTE: Ensure that you have a wireless router with a WPS button).
- Press the Wireless icon on the display screen.
- Touch the Settings option.
- You will find two options: Wireless Setup Wizard/ Wi-Fi Protected Setup.
- Select Wi-Fi Protected Setup.
- At the same time, press the WPS button located on your router.
- The HP OfficeJet 5258 printer will be connected to the wireless network once the WPS signal from the router is found.
Method 3: Printer Offline
If you find the HP OfficeJet 5258 printer offline, your printer won’t print. Period! To know how to bring back your printer online, follow the method mentioned below.
Restart Print Spooler service<
- Open the Run command (Windows key + R).
- Type services.msc in the Run command field.
- Press the Enter button.
- The Windows Services window will now open.
- Locate the Print Spooler service and do a double-click.
- Click the General tab.
- Under the Service status, click the Stop button and then click Start.
With the simple methods described in this article, you can easily ensure that the HP OfficeJet 5258 printer prints just fine. For more steps to troubleshoot the issue, click the CALL icon. Our team of technically-sound experts will help you with the methods.