123 HP Officejet 4650 Scan to a computer
Scan the required document or images from the control panel to the computer, confirm that the computer is on, the full feature printer driver is installed, and the 123 HP Officejet 4650 printer is linked to the computer through USB or over the local wireless network.
Step 1 : Mount the document or photo
- Ensure that you switch on your printer.
- Insert the document or photo.
- Make use of the Scanner glass : Place the file with the print side downward on the scanner glass, and then position it based on the instructions around the glass. Close the scanner lid.
- Make use of the ADF : Position the file into the document feeder tray. The print side faces upward and the top edge goes into the tray first. Alter the width guides to position the file.
Step 2 : Procedure to scan the file
Scan the required document or photos and send it to a folder on the computer.
- From the control panel of the printer, select the Scan option.
- Select Computer to scan to the connected system.
- Pick the computer that you want to store the scanned document in.
- Select Scan Shortcut, and then select a shortcut that corresponds to the document or image you are scanning.
Procedure to scan to a memory device
You can scan the document or image and store it on a memory device.
Step 1 : Place the photo or document
Scan from the scanner glass or from the Automatic Document feeder tray.
- Switch on the printer.
- Position the document or photos.
- Employ the scanner glass: Insert the document with the print side downward on the scanner glass, and then position it according to the guides around the scanner glass. Close the scanner lid.
- Automatic Document feeder: Mount the file into the ADF. The print side should face upward and the top edge should go into the tray. Modify the width guides to position the file in a correct place.
Step 2 : Scan the document
Select the memory device, and then scan from the 123 HP Officejet 4650 printer’s control panel.
- Position the memory device into the printer.
- From the printer’s control panel, select Scan.
- Select Memory device.
- Pick your File type and Resolution.
- Select Start Scan to scan the document.
This manual guides you on how to setup your 123 HP Officejet 4650 printer to fax.
Step 1 : Meet the requisites
Confirm that all the requirements have been met prior to setting up the printer to fax.
- An active telephone landline.
- Setup the ink cartridges on the 123 hp oj4650 printer.
- Mount new white paper in the input tray.
- Obtain the telephone cord and adapter that came along with the printer box.
Step 2 : Setup the fax on your corresponding printer
Setup the ring settings from the printer’s control panel after linking a telephone cord. Make use of the guides below to set up fax on the printer.
- Unlink any telephone devices from the phone jack in which your printer is linked to.
- Disconnect the yellow plug from the port labeled 2-EXT on the printer’s posterior side.
- Take off the answering machine power cord from the phone jack, and connect it to the port labeled 2-EXT on the printer’s posterior side.
- If any other phone cord is used instead of the one which came along with the printer to link the 123 hp oj4650 printer, the fax job might not be successful.
- Access the printer’s control panel, swipe the display to the left to click Setup.
- Swipe the display upward, click Fax Setup->Setup Wizard and then use the guides to setup the 123 HP Officejet 4650 printer or faxing.
Step 3 : Setup the basic fax settings
You can also alter the default settings based on the requirement. Make use of the instructions below to change a few settings.
Add contacts to phonebook
- Access the printer’s control panel and then click Fax -> Send Now.
- Tap on the Phone Book option.
- Navigate to the Phone Book Contact icon-> Plus Sign to add a contact.
- Select Name, index the name and then click on Done option.
- Select Fax Number, and then enter the fax number of the contact, click Done and Click on the Add option.
Set up the dial type
Verify that the dial type setting on the phone suits the type of dialing used in the phone settings. Your print cannot call other fax systems if the device does not support the dial type.
- Access the 123.hp.com/oj4650 printer’s control panel, swipe the screen to the left and select Setup.
- Move to the next screen, and click Fax Setup-> Preferences.
- Glide on the display, click Dial Type.
- Select Tone or Pulse.
Step 4 : Take a fax test
A Fax test should be carried out to verify that the fax setup is done correctly.
- Select Setup-> Fax Setup-> Tools-> Test
- The fax test reports prints successfully.
- Take a glimpse at the Fax Test Report.
- If the report displays the printer passed the test but your 123.hp.com/oj4650 printer still has a faxing problem, verify the fax settings listed in the report to verify that the settings are proper. Incorrect or blank settings can cause the fax issue.
- If the report displays the printer failed the test, take a look at the report for detailed information about fixing the fax issues.
Procedures for printing photos with Windows Photo Viewer
Step 1 : Place photo paper in the photo tray
- Turn on the printer.
- Mount the paper inside the input tray towards you to access it as far as possible.
- Swipe the paper width guides to their outermost position.
- Insert the photo paper with the short edge forward and the print side downward into the photo tray.
- Move the paper forward until it stops.
- Swipe the paper width guides inside so that they place against the edges of the photo paper and confirm that the photo paper is centered in the tray.
- Confirm that you reinstall the output tray on the input tray, if you removed it, then push the input tray into your 123.hp.com/oj4650 printer until it fixes into the proper place.
Step 2 : Adjust the Print settings, and then print the photo
- Right-click the image that you choose to print, and then click on the Print option, or select Open with, choose Windows Photo Viewer, and then click on the Print option.
- From the drop-down list which is mentioned above the photo, pick your 123 HP Officejet 4650 printer, paper size, and print quality. For the Paper type, choose HP Photo Paper and then click Options.
- From the Print settings window, click Printer Properties.
- For borderless images, click on the Printing Shortcut option, select Photo Printing Borderless. And then click on Paper or Quality option.
- On the Paper or Quality option, select Photo tray from the paper Source drop-down list, and then click Advanced.
- In the Advanced options window, click 10* 15cm/4*6in in the Paper Size drop-down list, and then click OK.
- Click Ok from the Document Properties window.
- From the Print Picture window, click 123 HP Officejet 4650 Print.
- Once you are done with the printing process, take off the unused photo paper from the paper tray. Bent paper may reduce the quality of the printout.
123-hp.net is an independent service provider and the mention of brands, names, images and trademarks are purely for reference. We do not claim ownership of them unless stated. We aim to provide solution to resolve HP printer related issues.123.hp.com/oj4650