Sending up a New Fax
Step one : Prepare the 123 HP oj3830 printer for fax setup
Make sure that the hardware has been completely arranged before linking to the fax service.
Step two : Classify the type of telephone system
On the basis of the country/ region, you will have either a parallel or serial telephone system. The orders for fax setup vary based on whether you have a parallel or serial phone system.
Step three : Installation of the fax
The 123 HP oj3830 printer and the phone jack can be linked by using the phone cord and any adapters in the printer box. Or else, you may not be able to fax properly. Go with the Plus sign and then go along with the steps to install your fax.
Step four : Configure the fax volume
Monitor the steps below to configure the fax ringer volume.
- Tap on the Home button from the control panel of the 123.hp.com/oj3830 printer to go to the main menu.
- Tap the Down Arrow to scroll to Fax, and then tap Ok.
- Tap the Down Arrow to scroll to Advanced Settings, and then tap Ok.
- Tap the Down Arrow to scroll to Ring Settings, and then tap Ok.
- Tap the Down Arrow to scroll to Fax Sound Volume, and then tap Ok.
- Tap the Down Arrow to scroll to Soft, Loud, or Off, and then tap OK.
- Tap the Home button to revert to the main display.
Step five: Fax header installation
The following options can be chosen from the printer’s control panel:
- Choose the Home button to screen the main menu.
- Tap the Down Arrow to scroll to Fax, and then go with OK.
- Tap the Down Arrow to scroll to Settings, and then go with OK.
- Tap the Down Arrow to scroll to Fax Header, and then go with OK.
- Key in your name or company name in the Enter name field, and then tap on the Ok option.
- Key in your fax number in the Enter number field, and then go with the Ok option.
- Tap the Home button to revert to the main display.
Step six : Installation of a fax test
- Go to the Home Screen, tap the Down Arrow to Fax, and the go with the Ok option.
- Select the Down Arrow to scroll to the Settings option, and then go with the OK option.
- Choose Advanced Settings, and then go with OK.
- Go with Fax Reports, and then tap OK.
- If required, tap the Down Arrow to scroll to Fax Test Report, and then tap Ok.
- Evaluate the report.
- If the report shows that the printer has cleared the test, the printer is ready to send and receive faxes.
- If the report shows that the 123.hp.com/oj3830 printer hasn’t cleared the test, appraise the report for further information about setting the problem.
Unsuccessful Web Service connection
The printer is not linked to Web Services, and the 123 HP Setup oj3830 printer or computer might experience any one of the below-mentioned error messages:
- Error in Service Connection: This is encountered when you face difficulties while connecting to the server. In such cases tap retry, or OK to quit.
- Web Service Issue: Issues that are encountered while linking to Web Services server.
The steps given below let you 123 HP oj3830 troubleshoot Web Services connection problems.
Step 1 : Make certain that your printer aids Web Services Make certain that your printer aids Web Services by looking for an ePrint icon, on the control panel.
Step 2 : Monitor the network and printer connection status
Make certain that the printer is not linked using a USB cable. If a wireless router is used, check the router’s document or support website to ratify that it satisfies the below necessities
- Check the router band: Many routers can operate in both 2.4 GHz and 5.0 GHz frequency bands. If the router broadcasts discrete network names for each band, connect the printer to the 2.4 GHz band SSID. If the 5.0 GHz is supported, connect the printer to the 5.0GHz band SSID.
- Bonjour support (Mac only): Connecting with Bonjour is the ideal way to locate the 123.hp.com/oj3830 printer.
- Ratify that the printer is not connected to a guest or host network, such as those networks existing in schools, hotels, or home networks that allow guest logins.
- Monitor whether the printer is linked to the network.
- Wireless network connection: ensure that the wireless feature is on, and the Wireless icon light is solid and blue. If the wireless light is blue and blinks, keep the computer and the printer closer to the router. Re- establish the network connection to the 123 HP oj3830 printer, and ratify that the wireless light is blue and solid.
- Wired Ethernet connection: the Ethernet cable that is connected to the 123.hp.com/oj3830 printer and to an available port on the router should be checked. The green link light should be steady, and the orange activity light should flash when the cable is connected.
- Open the computer, choose the network icon to view the network name and status of the connection.
- If the selected network is not yours, you must re- connect to your own network before activating Web Services.
- If the network signal is weak, locate the computer and printer closer to the router.
- If the network status is not connected, make certain that the network is functioning properly, and then check the status again. Ratify that the check mark or connected status is present next to the network name.
- Make an attempt to enable Web Services.
Step 3 : Booting up the computer, printer, and router
- Power down the router by pressing the power button or separating the power cord.
- Keep the printer on.
- Close down all the apps that run on your computer, and then power off the computer.
- Power up the power button or re- connect the power cord to the router, and then hold on until the Internet activity light shows a normal connected status.
- Power up the printer and the computer.
- Make an attempt to switch on Web Services.
Step 4 : Enable Web Services from the Embedded Web Server (EWS)
- Make an attempt to print a Network Configuration Page.
- Printers that have LCD and text- based control panels: Tap on Wireless, network Settings or Setup menu.
- Printers that basic control panels (buttons only): use the button combinations on the printer’s control panel to print the page.
- To print detailed commands on a Network Configuration Page, key in the printer model, and then search for the document to print a self- test page.
- Go to the Network Configuration Page, search for the URL(s) for Embedded Web Server address.
- Open the computer, tap on the Internet browser.
- Key in the URL address for the EWS in the browser address bar, and then go with the Enter option.
- If a website security certificate is present in the Internet browser, go with the Continue option.
- Go to the EWS web page, and tap on the Web Services tab.
- Go to the Web Services Setup page, tap on Continue, Turn On, or Enable option, and follow the instructions.
Step 5 : Monitoring the Internet proxy server settings
- Search for the Internet proxy settings.
- Windows : Find Internet in Windows, and then tap the Internet Options in the screened results. On the Internet Properties, you are supposed to choose the Connections tab, your network, if needed, and then proceed with the steps by choosing the Settings option.
- The network settings menu screens with the proxy settings.
- Mac : Tap on the System Preferences and then go to Network. Go to the Network window-> Advanced-> Proxies-> Proxy.
- Write down the Address and Port values for your proxy server connection.
- Tap on the Web Services option, and then go with the Proxy Settings option.
- Enable Web Services now.
Step 6 : Maintain the print firmware up- to- date
- Make certain that the 123 HP oj3830 printer is kept on, and is connected to the computer. The connection can be established either over the local network or a USB cable.
- You are supposed to choose the operating system if needed.
- Tap the Firmware option, and then select Download.
- If the Firmware section is not screened, then the firmware that you have is up- to- date.
- Tap on the Use HP Download and Install Assistant (Recommended), comma then go with the Next option and then tap on the Install now option.
- When the HP Printer Update window screens, check whether the 123 HP oj3830 printer serial number displays.
- If the serial number screens, select the checkbox that is present next to it and then go with Update option.
- If the Serial number screens but the status is ‘not applicable’, it is not necessary to complete the firmware update.
- If the Serial number does not screen out and the 123 HP Setup oj3830 printer uses a network connection, connect a USB cable to the printer and the computer, hold on for 20 seconds, and then go with the Refresh option. When the serial number screens, select the checkbox that lies next to it and then choose the Update option.
- When the update gets over, tap on Ok.
Step 7 : Updating the router firmware
The performance might not be up to the mark, secured or stopped by the router when the firmware on the 123 HP oj3830 printer gets out date.
- Open the Internet browser, key in the router’s IP address in the browser address bar, and then go with the Enter option.
- Search for the option that upgrades the firmware. Tap Administrations, Utilities, Tools or Maintenance menu.
If the router firmware has become outdated, follow the instructions to maintain the firmware up- to- date, and then make a try to connect to Web Services. Make sure that your product has completed all the prior steps.
123 HP oj3830 Mobile Printer Setup Fails (Android)
Here are the instructions for the users who have used the 123 HP Officejet 3830 All- in- One- Printer Remote application on the Android mobile to setup the printer on the wired or wireless network but were not successful.
Step 1 : Refresh list of printers in the AiO Remote app
- Go to the AiO Remote application home screen, tap the printer icon to screen the printer list.
- Choose the Refresh icon.
- If the printer is indexed, printer setup is completed. It is not mandatory to proceed with the troubleshooting steps.
- If the 123 HP Officejet 3830 printer is not indexed, power off the printer, pause for a minute and then power up the printer. You can access the AiO Remote app on your Android device and choose the printer from the screened list when the printer is idle and calm.
Step 2 : Verify the network and printer status
Ensure that your network is working properly and that the printer is stable for the network setup. Ratify that the mobile device is connected to the network: on the Android device you are using, go to the Wi- Fi settings and ratify that the mobile device is connected to the wireless network that you want to connect the printer to. Ratify that the 123 HP oj3830 printer is concocted for the network setup: select the connection type.
- Wireless network connection : The light on the printer should either be on and stable, or should blink. If the wireless light is not on, enable the Wireless button, or open the Wireless network or Settings menu to make certain that the wireless is switched on.
- Wired network connection : check the cable that is linked to the printer’s Ethernet port and to an available port on the router.
- Check the router band : Many routers are designed to operate in both 2.4 GHz and 5.0GHz frequency bands. Ratify that you have connected to 2.4 GHz band.
- Power down the smart network switch on Samsung devices : Ratify that the Smart network switch option is powered off in the Wi- Fi settings or Advanced option.
- Make certain that the printer is not in energy saving or sleep mode : make certain that the 123 HP oj3830 printer is powered on and concoct for wireless printer setup.
- Disable all nearby printers : If multiple wireless printers are in the location, disabling them might decrease wireless signal noise.
Step 3 : Setting up the printer with the AiO Remote app again
Go to AiO Remote app home screen, choose the printer icon to look for the printer option.
- If the printer is screened with HP-Setup > [your 123 HP Officejet 3830 printer model series] under the printer list, tap your printer and then check the on-screen reminders to configure the printer.
- If the printer is not screened, choose the My printer is not listed option, go with Help Set Up a New Printer and then trail the remainders to configure the 123 HP oj3830 printer.
Step 4 : Link your printer to the network (wireless connections only)
Make an attempt to link the printer to the network so that the AiO Remote app can be located the printer. Select the 123 HP oj3830 printer control display type for the printer which you are using.
123-hp.net is an independent service provider and the mention of brands, names, images and trademarks are purely for reference. We do not claim ownership of them unless stated. We aim to provide solution to resolve HP printer related issues.123.hp.com/OJ3830