The HP Laserjet Pro MFP M225dw is one of the laser printer that is specially designed for small business needs. It is not only an efficient printer, it can Copy, Scan, and Fax a document. It is a monochrome laser printer with the print speed of 26 pages per minute. Print your document on both sides of the paper with the automatic duplex printing feature.
- Printers connectivity option: A USB, Ethernet, and a Wireless network connection.
- Mobile printing capability: HP ePrint, Apple AirPrint.
- OS compatibility: Windows and Mac.
- 35-sheets Automatic Document Feeder.
- Energy Star Certified printer.
Unbox the HP Laserjet Pro MFP M225dw printer setup
- Unpack the printer from the shipment box, peel off all the tapes and stickers from the printer.
- Check whether you have received all the printer components along with the printer.
- Prior to inserting the papers inside the tray, make sure that the papers are aligned well.
- Load enough papers inside the tray. Do not overfill the papers into the paper tray.
- Check whether the paper size and type are compatible with the 123.hp.com/ljprom225dw printer.
- After inserting the paper, based on the paper size, you have to adjust the paper width guides.
- Connect one end of the power cord to the posterior side of the printer and the other end to an electrical outlet.
- Press the power button to power on the printer. Halt until the printer is stable and noiseless before you start.
- Remove a new toner cartridge from its packing material. Unwrap all the tapes and stickers from it.
- Make sure that the cartridges are clean. If not, the printer will not recognize it while printing a document.
- Insert the cartridges into the corresponding slot. After completing the hardware setup, move to the next step.
- Download and install the full feature printer driver and software on the computer.
- Download the latest driver from this website and install it based on the on-screen guides.
- To avail more information about the HP Laserjet Pro M225dw printer setup, call us at the toll-free number.
123.hp.com/setup m225dw – Driver and software download
Though you have completed the printer’s hardware setup perfectly, without installing the HP Laserjet Pro MFP M225dw printer driver, you cannot use the printer to print the desired files. Based on the operating system, the driver gets differed. Make use of the procedures that are listed below to easily download and install the printer driver.
- Initially, use the installation CD that came with your printer to install the latest printer driver on the computer. Power on the computer where you need to install the printer driver.
- Open the computer’s disc drive and place the CD into it. Make sure that the CD is free from scratch and dust. Based on the on-screen prompts run and execute the setup file.
- Agree to the Terms and Conditions, select–> Next–> Continue–> Done. After completing the installation process, try to print a sample document to check the printer’s performance.
- If you find any issue with the printer, you can use an alternative method to install the latest printer driver and software.
- Download the latest printer driver and software from this website. For Windows OS, download the .exe file type and for Mac OS, download the .dmg file type.
- After completing the download process, install the driver on the computer. During the installation, choose the preferred connection type and complete the installation successfully.
- Try to print a sample document using the printer to verify its performance. If you find any issue with the printer, contact our technical support team at the toll-free number that is displayed on this website.
Mobile printing – HP Laserjet Pro M225dw Printer
- Log in to your email account and then create a new email. Index your printer’s email address in the To: field.
- Enter a subject in the email subject column. Now, you need to attach the document or photo that you want to print and then send the email.
- To print an email message: Access the email that you want to print, and then click Forward.
- Enter your HP Laserjet Pro MFP M225dw printer’s email address in the To: field. Enter a subject in the email subject line and then send the email.
- To print a webpage: open the webpage that you need to print, save it as a document and then email the document as an attachment.
- To avail more details, feel free to consult our technical experts at the toll-free number.
- Ensure that you have powered on the printer. Open the document, email, photo, or webpage that you want to print and then select the Action icon.
- Click Print. From the Printer Options menu, choose Select Printer and then choose your printer from the available list of results.
- Click Options to modify other settings if required. Some of the options such as paper size might not be changed and it needs to changed from the printer.
- If your 123.hp.com printer is black ink only the Options menu might not be displayed.
- Choose the desired number of copies to be printed and then click Print.
- If you find any issue with the printer, contact our technical support at the toll-free number that is displayed on this website.
Google Cloud Print Setup
- With the help of Google Cloud Print, you can print document, email, images, and webpages from the computer, Android, or Apple iOS device.
- You have to connect your printer to Google Cloud Print through the Chrome browser on a Windows, Mac or Linux computer.
- Power on the HP Laserjet Pro MFP M225dw printer. Make sure that the printer and computer are linked to the same wireless network connection.
- From your computer, open the Chrome browser and then log in to your Google account.
- Select Print–> Upload file to print and then click on Select a file from my computer. Choose the document or photo that you want to print and then choose Open.
- In the Google Cloud Print window, choose your printer and modify any print settings if required and then click on Print.
- For any queries, contact our technical support team at the toll-free number.
HP Laserjet Pro MFP M225dw Troubleshooting
Clear paper jam
- Go through the guides that are listed below to easily clear the paper jam issue.
- Restart the printer and try to print a document. If the issue still exists, move to the next step.
- Take off any jammed paper from the input tray area. Open the ADF input tray. If you find any jammed paper from the ADF, remove it carefully.
- Open the scanner assembly. Power on the printer, unplug the power cord from the posterior side of the printer and then unlock the top cover.
- Take out the HP Laserjet Pro MFP M225dw toner cartridge. Remove any jammed paper from the cartridge area.
- Re-insert the toner cartridge into the slot. Close the top cover and then lock the scanner assembly.
- Re-link the power cord. Make sure that you have used the compatible papers for printing.
- For any queries, consult our technical support team at the toll-free number.
Print quality issue
- Make use of the procedures that are listed below to improve the print quality of the document.
- It is suggested to use a genuine ink cartridge to print a document. Third party cartridge will lead to printer and cartridge issue.
- In some of the cases, the quality and type of the paper might affect the print job.
- Make sure that the paper type and size are compatible with the printer.
- At a certain point, the print settings might affect the print quality. Choose your operating system and then verify the print settings to ensure that they are suitable for the print job.
- Estimate the HP M225dw ink level of the cartridge. If the cartridge is low or empty, replace it with a new one.
- The cartridges that are using for printing must be free from dust. If not, clean it and insert the cartridge into the slot.
- To avail more information, contact our technical support team at the toll-free number.
Wireless connection issue
- Go through the guides that are given below to fix and resolve the wireless connection issue.
- Make sure that the HP Laserjet Pro M225dw printer and computer are linked to the same wireless network connection.
- Place all the network connected devices at a closer distance to maintain the wireless signal strength.
- Make sure that the printer is not connected to a host or guest networks.
- Do not connect multiple devices to the same wireless network connection. Connecting multiple devices might lead to the poor wireless signal strength.
- If you have changed the wireless network name or password, you have to reconfigure all the wireless network connected devices.
- If the issue still exists, contact our technical support team at the toll-free number.
- Make use of the HP Print and Scan Doctor tool to fix and resolve the printer offline issue.
- Download and install the tool on the device. After installing it, open the tool, based on the on-screen guides rectify the issue.
- In some cases, resetting the printer might help you restore a connection to the computer.
- For a Wired network connection: Make sure that you have connected the cables properly into the device’s port.
- For a Wireless network connection: Connect the printer and computer to the same wireless network connection.
- Uninstall the printer software and reinstall the latest printer driver and software.
- It is suggested to update the printer firmware regularly. For more information, call us at the toll-free number.
- Make use of the procedures that are listed below to rectify the printer’s ink cartridge issue.
- Use an authenticated cartridge to print your document. Using an unauthenticated cartridge might lead to the HP Laserjet Pro MFP M225dw ink cartridge issue.
- It is suggested to estimate the ink level of the cartridge periodically. During the estimation, if you find that the cartridge is empty or faulty, replace it with a new one.
- Prior to inserting the cartridge into the slot, ensure that the cartridge is free from dust.
- Place the cartridges into the respective slot. Do not touch the electrical contacts of the cartridge; it may lead to the ink failure, clogging or bad electrical contacts.
- For more guidance, feel free to contact our technical support team at the toll-free number.
123-hp.net is an independent service provider and the mention of brands, names, images and trademarks are purely for reference. We do not claim ownership of them unless stated. We aim to provide solution to resolve HP printer related issues.123.hp.com/ljprom225dw