Troubleshooting: HP Laptop Not Printing
“Printer not working/printing” is one of the common problems for HP laptop users. Different reasons may cause the printing problem. Common factors include driver problems, software issues, faulty connection, hardware failures, and overuse. You can try to do some troubleshooting methods when you find that the printer connected to your HP laptop stops working. Follow the below steps to fix the HP Laptop Not Printing issue.
DO THE PRINTER TROUBLESHOOTING:
- Check whether the power connection of your printer is working fine.
- Ensure to check the connection wire (USB cable) between your printer and HP laptop.
- Make sure your printer and laptop are connected to the same network.
- You can also turn off the printer, unplug the power cord, and leave it for some time.
- Plug the power cable and turn on the printer again.
- Now, check if the printer is working correctly.
UPDATE THE PRINTER DRIVER:
- Click on the Windows menu and navigate to Device Manager.
- Open the Device Manager and select your printer from the available printer list.
- Right-click on your printer’s icon and select the Update driver or Update driver software option.
- You can also choose the Search automatically for updated driver software option to update the printer driver.
- Follow the on-screen prompts to update the printer driver.
- After completing the driver update, restart your HP laptop.
SET YOUR PRINTER AS DEFAULT:
- Select the Windows Start menu and navigate to Control Panel.
- Select the Devices and Printers option from the Control Panel window.
- Locate your printer from the list and right-click on your appropriate printer icon.
- Select the Set as default printer option and click on the Yes button.
- Now, you can see a green tick mark below your printer’s icon. It means that your printer has been selected as the default machine.
CANCEL ALL THE PRINTER JOBS:
- Select the Windows Start menu and go to Control Panel.
- Choose the Devices and Printers option.
- Right-click on your printer’s icon and select the See what’s printing option.
- Now, click on the Printer menu and choose the Open As Administrator option.
- Again open the Printer menu and select the Cancel All Documents option.
- A confirmation dialog box will appear and confirm that you want to clear all the documents from the print queue.
- Select the Yes button to confirm.
- After canceling all the printing jobs, try to check whether the printer is printing again usually.
CHECK YOUR PRINTER STATUS:
- Still, if you can’t print from your printer that is connected to the HP laptop, check if the printer has any hardware issues.
- Ensure that your printer has enough paper in the paper tray.
- If the printer has enough sheets, check if any are stuck or jammed in the paper feeder.
- Check the print cartridge of your printer. If it is empty, try to replace it with a new one.
These steps can help you solve the HP Laptop Not Printing issue. If you can’t fix the issue, Click the Call button on this page and contact our technical experts to help you resolve the issue.