Quick 123.hp.com/envy Printer Setup
Get Solution to Setup 123.hp.com/envy Printer Models.
How to Setup HP Envy Printer for the First Time?
You have to remove the Envy printer and all its packing materials from the box, in which the printer was shipped. An outline of processes involved, in the first time setup of any HP printer, maps the power cable connections, control panel preference settings, loading paper into the trays, and finally installing the ink cartridges. After all these, the HP printer software is to be downloaded and the latest printer driver installed.
STEP 1 : Unboxing the HP Envy Printer
- Check with the list of items with the contents in the box, to make sure all components were properly shipped to you on purchase.
- Remove the printer from its box, and remove all the tapes and packing around the HP Envy printer.
- Remove the packing tape, from under the scanner lid.
- Remove the packing from inside your HP Envy, in the cartridge access area, by raising the ink cartridge access door, and locking it into place.
- Pull the paper tray out to remove packing from it. This is done by opening the paper tray door, and pulling it towards you.
STEP 2 : Connecting the Power Cord and Setting the 123.hp.com/envy Control Panel
- To power on the Envy printer, connect the power cord between your 123.hp.com/envy printer and the power outlet.
- The USB must not be connected now. This connection from HP Envy, through an USB, to the computer has to be established only during the HP Envy software installation.
- After plugging in the power cord properly, power ON the printer.
- The down arrow on your HP Envy printer’s control panel, help you select the required language for the printer.
- After selecting the language, press the OK button.
- Now again pressing the down arrow, select the option Yes, and confirm selection by clicking OK.
- The procedure is the same for selecting the Country/ Region for your HP Envy.
- Select your country from the menu displayed on clicking the down arrow.
- Choose Yes using the same arrow for navigation, and confirm by clicking the OK button.
STEP 3 : Loading Paper into the HP Envy Printer Input Paper Tray
- To extend the 123.hp.com/envy printer paper tray, pull it out after opening the paper tray door.
- Next, you have to pull the paper tray extender, out.
- Lift the paper catch and adjust the paper width guides.
- The guides are to be adjusted properly according to the size of the paper that you are loading.
- Adjust the guides such that it fits perfectly against the edge of the paper stack, and not too tight to crush the sheets of paper.
- After adjusting the guides, load the stack of paper into the tray.
- You must push the stack well into the tray, until it stops, and no further.
- Adjust the guides again to fit properly against the edge of the stack.
- After loading the paper, push the tray back, until it clicks to position.
This procedure of loading paper into the input tray is similar to all HP printers, with a pull out paper tray. Always load plain, white and dry sheets of paper for clean printing.
STEP 4 : 123.hp.com/setup envy the Ink Cartridges
The ink cartridges are provided with your HP Envy printer. These are usually available in sets of two or four, depending on the type of HP printer. Ink cartridges are a necessary part of inkjet printers, as these are the basic printing components. Ink cartridge installation is a vital procedure for proper printing using your 123.hp.com/envy printer. The set of instructions given below, explains installation of one cartridge. The same procedure can be repeated for installing the other cartridges as well. A black ink cartridge is the primary key for printing, without which even color printing would not happen. The color cartridges are either available as a single tri-color cartridge or separately. The three basic colors used for printing are cyan, magenta and blue. The cartridge installation process for a HP Envy printer, is as follows:
- Open the ink cartridge access door, and lock it into place, to avoid it from shutting down accidentally.
- When the door is opened, you can see the cartridge slot move. Wait for the slots to settle, stop moving and for the noise to stop.
- Once the 123.hp.com/setup envy printer is silent, place the ink cartridge into the slot.
- For this, remove the cartridge from its plastic bag, only touching the black plastic on the cartridge.
- Remove the plastic tape from the cartridge contacts. Now the 123.hp.com/envy printer cartridge is ready to be placed in the slot.
- Lift the lid on the slot, in which the cartridge is to be placed. The slots are color coded to match the cartridges and avoid confusion.
- With the cartridge nozzle pointing towards the printer, place it into the slot, holding only to the sides of the cartridge. You will need to press the cartridge forward until it snaps into place in the slot.
- After placing the cartridge, close the lid of the slot, and repeat the procedure to install the other ink cartridges.
- Usually, the left slots are for the color cartridges, and the right one for the black ink cartridge.
- After you have installed all the cartridges, close the access door to the ink cartridges.
- Now your HP Envy display panel lights up with instructions to print an alignment page to check the proper installation of the 123.hp.com/envy printer cartridges.
- Follow these instructions to start the alignment process and to print the alignment page.
- After this page prints, place it on the scanner glass of the HP Envy printer. This page should such that it aligns perfectly with the guides engraved around the scanner glass, with its printed side facing downwards.
- Once you have positioned the print sheet properly on the scanner glass, close the scanner glass lid and click OK on the control panel, to start the alignment of the ink cartridges.
STEP 5 : Installing the HP Envy Printer Software
All the above procedures help you set up the hardware of your HP Envy Printer. After completion of which you can start with the printer software installation, on the computer connected to the HP Envy printer. The first step here is for you to download the relevant software for your HP Envy printer, according to the model number of your Envy printer and your computer’s operating system. You must connect the USB cable after installing the software on your computer, after which a prompt is displayed to initiate connection between the computer and the 123.hp.com/envy printer.