HP Envy 5642 Basic printer setup
We made your 123 HP Setup Envy 5642 first time setup procedure uncomplicated with our simple instructions in this guide.
Step 1 : Take out the packing materials from the printer
The first step is to grab the printer from its box. Take off all the packing tapes from the 123 HP Envy 5642 printer.
- Take off all the labels and stickers from the printer display.
- Lift the scanner lid to take off the tapes present inside the 123.hp.com/envy5642 printer.
- Eradicate all the tapes from your 123 HP Setup Envy 5642 printer.
- Make certain that no plastic tapes exists inside the printer before moving to the next steps.
- No plastic covers should remain inside the photo paper tray.
- Eradicate the packing materials and proceed doing with the next step.
Step 2 : Examine the articles which comes along with the printer
There is an obligation to remove all the packing materials and tapes from the 123 HP Envy 5642 printer and it is either recycled or discarded. The articles that comes along with the printer may vary for country/ region.
Step 3 : Build up the power cord connection, fix preferences
The instructions described below makes you to connect your 123.hp.com/envy5642 printer to the power supply.
- Attach one end of the power cable to the printer and attach the other end to the power supply.At this point, power up your printer.
- Now you need to select the preferred language. For this, you need to access the control panel of your 123 HP Setup Envy 5642 printer after powering up.
Step 4 : Attaching the ink cartridges into your printer
It is urged to employ the genuine ink cartridges to obtain the best print quality. The proper procedure is described below.
- Unfasten the ink cartridge access door meticulously. If the ink cartridge access door is open, close it to continue on the printer display.
- Free up your new shipped ink cartridge from all the packing materials. Never keep your hands rather than the black plastic case on the ink cartridge.
- Eliminate the ink cartridge from the protective tape.
- Be cautious while fixing the ink cartridge. Install the tri- color ink cartridge to the left side whereas the black ink cartridge to the right.
- Insert the ink cartridge then shut the door. By doing like this, the Door open message gets vanished and the printer control panel goes back to the Home screen. Select Ok option and stay until the 123.hp.com/envy5642 printer finishes the calibration cycle.
Step 5 : The paper tray should be filled with unused paper.
Remember to fill the paper tray with the clean unused paper before installing the ink cartridge into the printer.
- Grip the handle to drag out the tray.
- You can get the Close Tray on the 123 HP Envy 5642 printer control panel with a message- ‘A paper tray is open. Make sure the paper you want to use is loaded, and then close the tray to continue.’
- Wait until the printer prints an alignment automatically.
- Go along with the prompts in case the printer does not print the alignment page.
- Open the scanner cover. Mount the alignment with the print side kept down on the scanner glass.Click on Ok option after closing the scanner cover.
- The printer scans the alignment page now. Select Finish and then dispose off the alignment page.
Step 6 : The system should be installed with the printer software
After setting up all the hardware, allow your system to install the printer software. You must not link the printer to the system unless you are instructed.
123 HP Setup Envy 5642 Driver installation- Windows
You need to download the updated version of printer driver on your computer which uses Windows operating system.
Step 1 : Download the updated version of Printer driver for Windows operating system
Depending upon the printer model and the version of the operating system you are using, a full featured printer driver downloads or the 123.hp.com/envy5642 Easy Start guided installed app is obtained from the downloads page.
- Trail the instructions to download the updated driver from our website.
- If the printer driver download has been completed, go along with the step to install the 123 HP Setup Envy 5642 printer driver software.
- While the HP Easy Smart activates but fails to download the HP printer driver software, make certain that the computer is established connection with an Active Internet connection, and then make an attempt to download it again.
- In case your printer model is not found, continue to download the HP printer driver from our website.
- Navigate to our website to obtain upgraded Software and Driver Downloads.
- Index in with your HP printer model, if needed and check whether the operating system is appropriate.
- Tap on the Download option which is laid below the Driver Installation software or track the instructions which are displayed.
- The upgraded printer driver gets downloaded in the Downloads folder.
Step 2 : Printer driver installation for your HP printer – Directions
The printer driver will be downloaded and saved in the Downloads folder, run the downloaded file to install the printer driver from the downloads folder,
At the time you are urged to select the type of connection during installation, select any one among USB, Wireless or Wired option, depending on the printer model and the connection type to complete the installation process.
- Go to the downloads folder and then access HP Easy Start file or the full feature driver .exe folder to commence with the installation process.
- Follow the procedures which screens on the display to enable the connection to your 123 HP Setup Envy 5642 printer and then driver starts installing on your computer.
- While you are prompted by the installer, tap on Add Printer to generate a print queue on the device.
- The Add windows gets screened.
- Pick the name of your HP printer, tap on the Use or Print Using menu option, select your printer name from the pull – down list, and then click on Add.
- Revert to the HP installer to finish the whole installation process.
- For any queries and more details, get back to our technical support team to clear your printer issues.
Driver installation- Mac device
Download the updated printer driver and then this gets saved in the Downloads folder and then install the driver from the downloads folder.
Step 1 : Download the printer driver software
You need to install the best obtainable 123 HP Setup Envy 5642 printer driver for your HP Envy printer.
- Download the latest driver for your printer from our website and then proceed further for installation.
- If you cannot download using HP Easy Start, check if your computer has an active Internet connection.
- In case you are unable to identify your HP printer model from our website or if the website is not available, then continue to use the procedures to download the 123 HP Envy 5642 printer driver from our website.
- If the HP Easy Start application is activated but unsuccessful in downloading the printer, scrutinize the Internet connection on your computer. Navigate to our website and click on Software and Driver Downloads.
- If urged, enter your HP printer model number and then ratify whether the appropriate operating system version is chosen.
- Click on the Download option and tap on Driver- Printer Installation Software, go along with the directions displayed on the screen.Printer driver will be downloaded and saved in the Downloads folder.
Step 2 : Install the updated HP printer driver
Downloaded printer driver will be stored in the Downloads folder then you need to install the HP printer driver from the downloads folder.
If you are suggested, any one type of connection is to be selected at the time of installation process, tap on USB, Wireless or Wired connection option, depends on the printer model and then connection preferences to complete the installation.
- When you get into the downloads folder, directly go to the HP Easy Start file or the full feature printer driver .dmg folder to initiate the installation process.
- Have a look at the on- screen instructions to establish the connection with your HP Printer and then the HP printer driver gets installed.
- When urged by the installer, click on the Add Printer and this generates a print queue on the device.
- The Add window gets accessed.
- Select the name of your printer, select Use or Print Using menu option, proceed by selecting your printer name from the sorted list and then tap on Add.
- Revert to the 123 HP Setup Envy 5642 installer to complete the installation procedure.
We are third-party service providers of different hardware, software, and other devices. We are an independent company, and do not have any association with top printer brands. The images, trademarks, videos included in this site are only for reference and information purposes. We don’t claim any ownership of them.123.hp.com/envy5642