FIX: HP ENVY 5055 IS NOT PRINTING BLACK
Is your HP Envy 5055 Is Not Printing Black? Scroll down this page to know how to fix it.
Method 1: Reinstalling the Black ink cartridges
In most cases, these kinds of issues occur due to improper installation of the cartridge(s). So, as the first step of troubleshooting this issue, check whether the black ink cartridge is installed properly or not. To check it, follow the instructions below.
- Open the ink cartridge access door of your printer.
- Once the cartridge carriage becomes idle, check the black ink cartridge position. If the cartridge is not installed properly, then remove and reinstall it properly.
- Similarly, if you find that the cartridge is not unpacked properly, then unpack and install it in its slot.
Method 2: Reinstalling the printer driver (Windows only)
If you’re encountering the “HP Envy 5055 not printing in black” problem when using the Windows computer, then remove the printer from the Devices and Printers list, and reinstall the printer driver on it.
When reinstalling the driver, make sure to install the latest version of it.
After reinstalling the driver, check if the “printer’s black ink not printing” issue is resolved. If not, perform the next method.
Method 3: Using the genuine ink cartridge
- Using an incompatible or non-genuine ink cartridge may also cause these kinds of issues.
- So, check if you have installed the genuine ink cartridge on your printer.
- If not, remove and install the genuine one.
Recommended black ink cartridges are:
For Latin America
- HP 664 Black
- HP 664XL Black
For the Asia Pacific
- HP 680 Black
For Europe, the Middle East, and Africa
- HP 652 Black
Method 4: Cleaning Page Smears
Sometimes, the ink smears might also lead to these kinds of issues. Check if there are ink smears on the back of your printouts. If yes, clean the ink smears using an automated tool.
- Initially, load a few papers into the paper tray of your HP printer.
- Next, go to the Setup screen of your printer.
- Select Tools > Clean Page Smears.
- Finish the cleaning process by following the rest of the instructions displayed on the screen.
Now, check if the HP Envy 5055 not printing black issue is resolved. If not, perform the next method given below.
Method 5: Replacing the empty ink cartridge
Using a low or empty black ink cartridge for printing may also cause these kinds of issues. Check the estimated ink level of your printer’s black ink cartridge. If necessary, replace the cartridge with a new one.
- To check the estimated ink level, locate and tap on the Ink icon on your printer’s control panel.
- If you find that the black ink cartridge level is low or empty, replace it with a new one and print a test page.
To know more about how to fix the “HP Envy 5055 Is Not Printing Black” issue, contact us by clicking the Call button provided on this page.