Fix: HP ENVY 5000 NOT PRINTING
A printer may fail to print due to various reasons. Before you go ahead with the troubleshooting techniques, you should check the fundamentals. This article lists the best troubleshooting techniques that can fix the HP Envy 5000 not printing issue. Try out all the troubleshooting techniques mentioned below and fix the issue efficiently.
Check the fundamentals
- As previously mentioned, you should check the fundamentals before trying the troubleshooting techniques. Check whether your printer shows any error codes. If so, fix the issue first and check whether your printer is printing.
- Check whether your printer is connected to the power outlet. If your printer is in sleep mode, turn it on by pressing any of the buttons on the printer.
- Check whether you have loaded enough paper into the paper tray and ensure that the printer has sufficient ink.
- If you have connected your printer and computer using a USB cable, check whether the connection is firm enough at both ends.
- If you have connected your printer and computer over a network, check whether the Iinternet connection is stable enough. Also, check whether you have connected your printer and computer over the same network.
Set as the default printer
- If your HP Envy 5000 printer is not printing, you should check whether you have set it as the default printer or not. If you don’t keep your printer as the default, it will not receive the print jobs you send. To set your HP Envy 5000 printer as the default one, go to the Devices and Printers section, right-click on your printer, and choose the Set as default printer option.
Disable Use Printer Offline and Pause Printing
- In casef you have enabled the Use Printer Offline and Pause Printing options, your printer will not print anything.
- To fix the issue, you should disable these two options. To do so, click the Start menu and go to the Devices and Printers section. Locate and right-click on your printer and choose the See what’s printing option. Go to the Printer tab and disable the Use Printer Offline and Pause Printing options.
- Now, check whether your HP Envy 5000 printer is printing.
Power cycle your printer
- A simple power cycle can help you get rid of most of the troubles. To power cycle your HP Envy 5000 printer, turn it off and disconnect the power cable.
- Let your printer be disconnected for a minute. Then, reconnect the power cord to your HP printer and turn it on.
Update printer driver
- An outdated printer driver may create communication issues between a printer and a computer. You can eradicate the issue by updating the printer driver to the recent version.
- Visit HP’s official site, enter your printer model, and download the updated printer driver recommended for your OS. Then, install it on your computer by following the instructions.
Cancel all the documents
- When the print jobs get piled on the printer’s memory, it may fail to print the documents.
- To fix the issue, go to the Devices and Printers section, right-click on your HP printer, and choose the See what’s printing option.
- Go to the Printer tab and choose the Cancel All Documents option.
If your HP Envy 5000 Not Printing still, get back to us for expert assistance.