HP Envy 4502 Printer Offline
Here’s the Best Solution for HP Envy 4502 Printer Offline Issue in Windows and Mac.
Why HP Envy 4502 Printer is Offline in Windows?
Step 1 : Use HP Envy 4502 Print and Scan Doctor to Verify Connectivity
- After selecting your HP Envy 4502 printer by double-clicking the HP Print and Scan Doctor icon, tap Fix Printing.
- After the list of actionable results are displayed,
- If you view white checkmarks, tap Test Print or tap Skip.
- If you view a white wrench, still tap Test Print or tap Skip.
- If you view yellow exclamation points, you can still tap Test Print or tap Skip.
- If you view a red X, perform the on-screen instructions to fix the issue.
Step 2 : Instructions for Setting the Default Printer and Unpause Printing
- After ensuring that the system is in a ready state, locate the icon for the printer you originally installed.
- Proceed with the next step if a color or grey icon is shown with a green checkmark.
- Go to the next step if a color a grey icon is shown without a green checkmark after right-clicking the icon and choosing Set as Default Printer.
- Go to the next step if one color and one grey icon is shown for your 123.hp.com/envy4502 printer after right-clicking the color icon and choosing Set as Default Printer.
- Right-click the icon for the default printer, and then click See what’s printing.
- Tap Printer. In case a checkmark is shown adjacent to Pause Printing and Use HP Envy 4502 Printer Offline, tap each item to eliminate the checkmark.
- If the printer is not able to print even intermittently, go to the next step.
Step 3 : Reconfigure the Printer and Examine the Connection if the Computer Still Displays that the Printer is Offline
- Switch on the printer and detach the power cord from the printer.
- Remove the printer power cord from the wall outlet and while waiting at least 60 seconds reboot the computer.
- Plug again the power cord into the wall outlet.
- Re-link the power cord to the back of the printer.
- Ensure that the printer is linked to the computer or the network.
- While for the active wireless network connection you ensure that the light adjacent to the Wireless icon is on and steady, for the active wired network connection, ensure that the green link light is stable and the orange activity light blinks. For USB connection , ensure that the cable is securely linked to the printer and to an active USB port on the computer.
- If still the printer cannot print and remains hp envy 4502 printer offline, go to the next step.
Step 4 : Confirm that you Select the Right Port
- From the Devices and Printers window, right-click the name of your printer, and then choose Printer Properties.
- Tap the Ports tab, observe the name of your 123.hp.com/envy4502 printer in the Printer’s column, ensure that the port name or description comprises USB or DOT4 for USB connection and WSD, Stand TCP/IP Port or HP Standard TCP/IP Port for network connection.
- Choose the correct port type for non-correspondence of the selection with the current connection of the printer.
Step 5 : Upgrade the Printer Firmware if you Still Face the Problem
Step 6 : If Problem Persists, from a Manual Connection (applicable for network connections only)
- You can print a Network Configuration Report or Wireless Test Report either through display or by using the buttons on the printer’s control panel.
- View the network status for your network connection type including wired and wireless on the report printout. Proceed with these steps if the status is connected. If the status is Off or Disabled, then the printer is not connected to your network.
- View the IP Address, subnet mask, and Default Gateway for your connected network connection mode on the report. Utilize the numbers listed in the IPv4 section.
- Key in the URL for Embedded Web Server into your Internet browser.
- Tap the Network or Networking tab, and then access the section or page for your network mode.
- Tap Manual IP.
- When you view a Suggest a Manual IP Address button, tap Manual IP address, and the Manual IP addresses are automatically filled.
- In case your page does not consist of a button to suggest a manual IP address, key in the IP address, subnet mask, and default gateway through the numbers displayed in the printed report.
- Take note of these numbers. In order to Solve HP Envy 4502 Printer Offline Issue, Proceed for Next Step.
- Tap Apply.
Step 7 : Give Provision for a Second Printer Device to Windows (network connections only)
- Choose Devices and Printers from the available results, right-click your printer’s name, and then choose Printer Properties.
- Tap the Ports tab, and then tap Add Port.
- Choose Standard TCP/IP Port, and then tap New Port.
- Index the printer’s IP address that you took note of earlier, and tap Next.
- Choose the new Standard TCP/IP Port from the list, and then tap OK.
- If the problem continues with printing and scanning, go to the next step.
Step 8 : Give Provision for the HP Envy 4502 Printer using HP Printer Assistant
- Right-click one of the HP printer icons from the Device and Printers window and then tap Remove Device.
- Tap Remove Device after right-clicking the second printer icon.
- Access HP Printer Assistant and follow the onscreen instructions to add a new printer.
- Right-click the name of your 123.hp.com/envy4502 printer from the Devices and Printers window and then choose Printer Properties.
- Tap the Ports tab, and then choose the Standard Port you developed earlier.
- Attempt printing and scanning. Now the Solution to Fix HP Envy 4502 Printer Offline Issue in Windows is Completed.
Solve HP Envy 4502 Printer Offline Issue in Mac
Step 1 : Verify Connection between the Printer and the Mac
- For USB printer connection,
- Detach the USB cable from the back of the printer after the printer is switched off.
- After turning on the printer, wait five seconds, and re-link the USB cable to the printer.
- Give sufficient pressure to ensure the connection is secure. If the printer still has a problem, go to the next step.
- For network printer connection,
- In case the connection is not restored after rebooting your computer, reboot your router.
- After completing all activity on the network, detach the power cord from your router and wait 10 seconds.
- Link the power cord and wait till the Internet activity light should suggests a normal state before continuing.
- After the computer restarts, tap the Apple icon and then tap System Preferences.
- Tap Printers and Scanners, Print & Fax, or Print & Scan.
- Tap your HP Envy 4502 printer in the Printers list, and then tap Open Print Queue.
- Stop troubleshooting if there is no network connection which results in the printer not displaying in the device list. If the printer is shown in the device list and the printer options are displayed, the printer is linked to the network.
Step 2 : Reconfigure the Printer if the HP Envy 4502 Printer Offline Problem Still Occurs
- After the routine checkups , detach the power cord from the rear of the printer.
- Remove the power cord from the wall outlet, halt for at least 60 seconds and then re-plug the power cord into the wall outlet.
- Re-link the power cord to the back of the printer.
- If the printer still has issues, proceed with the next step.
Step 3 : Eliminate Multiple Printers from the Printer List
- Tap Print & Fax, Print & Scan, or Printers & Scanners in the available results got after searching.
- Locate the printer names that correspond to 123.hp.com/envy4502 your printer from the list of devices.
- Delete all additional printers by selecting them one at a time in case you view multiple printer queues for the same printer. Tap the minus button, to correspond the idle printer as your default one.
- If HP Envy 4502 Printer Offline continues even after trying printing, go to the next step.
Step 4 : Delete the Available Print Queue and Add the Printer
- With an Internet connection, select your Envy 4502 printer in the Printers list, tap the Minus button to remove it.
- Tap the Add button.
- Locate and select the name of your printer from the Printer list, and then Tap Add to add your printer. Don’t opt for HP Fax driver.
- Tap Print Using or Use, and then choose the name of your printer.
- If your printer does not show in the Print Using or Use list, go to our site to get the up-to-date driver.
- If the 123.hp.com/envy4502 printer is offline even after printing, go to the next step.
Step 5 : Reconfigure the HP Envy 4502 Printing System
- Right-click the empty space in the Printers list, and then tap Reset printing system.
- Tap Reset in the confirmation window.
- Index the administrator username and password, and then tap OK.
- Give time for the printing system to reset and no devices display in the Printers list.
- Enlist the printer as was done previously.
- Attempt printing, Now the Steps for HP Envy 4502 Printer Offline Issue in Mac is Completed.