Procedure for 123.hp.com/dj2540 Setup
Get Solution for 123.hp.com/dj2540 Printer Setup from our technical experts.
How to Setup HP Deskjet 2540 Printer?
- Offload the printer from its package and set aside the printer accessories.
- Pull the printer out of the box using the handles on the carton.
- Take off the blue strips holding the printer accessories in their places.
- Secure the power cord into the adapter and then into the power supply.
- Locate the Power button on the top of the printer and press it.
- Once the printer stops making noises, prepare to install the ink cartridges.
- Lower the ink cartridge access door and see the carriage move to the center.
- Pull down the orange tabs on the cartridges and slide them into their respective slots.
- Adjust the print width guides and load paper in the input tray.
- Find the driver for your printer model on our site and install it on your computer.
- Connect the 123.hp.com/dj2540 printer to a network during the driver installation process.
- Direct commands to the printer from the computer and begin to print.
Free HP Deskjet 2540 Driver and Manual Download
As soon as you install all the hardware and accessories that comes with the printer, you have to look for a perfect printer driver and software to install on your Windows/ Mac computers, and make the most of your Deskjet 2540 printer. We provide detailed instructions on how to 123.hp.com/setup 2540 the printer driver for both Mac and Windows computer. Driver is necessary to initiate and perform printer functions.
Easy Wireless 123.hp.com/setup 2540
Due to the robustness and easy troubleshooting technology of the Wireless connection, it is the most widely preferred mode of connection. We provide the simplest instructions. Go through it and get to know establishing the 123.hp.com/dj2540 printer connection using the Wireless platform is not a big deal. Check our manuals to know what are the platforms that are compatible with your printer and which one will suit your printer the most.
- It is well known that the Wireless network mode of connection has three platforms- HP Wireless Direct, WPS, and HP Auto Wireless connect.
- Take a look at the instructions provided in this manual to know the clear details about various platforms of the Wireless network connection.
- HP Wireless Direct is one among of the platforms of the wireless connection which enables you to get connected to the network connection without using an accessing point.
- It connects the Wi- Fi capable devices such as computer, tablets, or smartphones to the wireless network connection directly even with the wireless router.
- Connecting the Deskjet 2540 printer to the wireless network is the same method you connect your Wi- Fi capable device to a new hotspot or wireless network
- The tablet, computer, and the smartphones which are connected to the HP Wireless direct and the HP printer already connected to a typical wireless network look the same.
- If you connect the smartphone to the wireless network you should install the corresponding app to proceed to 123.hp.com/dj2540 print.
- If you link the computer to the wireless network it is necessary to install the required software on your computer.
- If you want to establish the printer connection by means of Wireless Protected 123.hp.com/setup 2540 method use the instructions provided below.
- You have two methods to connect using the WPS mode. One is the Pushbutton mode and another is the PIN method.
- Pushbutton is nothing but enabling the physical pushbutton present on the printer and the wireless router.
- You can choose the Pushbutton method only when your printer and the wireless network router support it.
- Check the documentation to get to know whether your printer and the router have the physical pushbutton icon.
- Your network will use WPA or WPA 2 security. Most of the wireless router fails to connect provided you have not entered any security.
- You cannot connect most of the wireless router using the WPS method if you use the manufacturer’s default network name and password.
- Enable the WPS pushbutton on your 123.hp.com/dj2540 printer. Within 2 minutes you have to enable the pushbutton present on your router.
- You can also make use of the Wireless Setup Wizard to establish the wireless network connection.
- It is possible to run the Wireless Setup Wizard from the printer’s control panel.
- Affirm that you have knowledge about your network name and the security password. The password can be either WEP, WPA, or WPA 2.
- Get directed to the 123.hp.com/setup 2540 printer’s control panel and click on the network menu or enable the wireless icon and then navigate to the settings.
- Choose Wireless Setup Wizard. You will receive the wireless setup wizard screen with a list of available networks in the area.
- Choose the network name from the list. If your network name is not listed on the screen, you have to enter the network name and the password manually in the column provided at the bottom of the list.
- Make sure that the network name and the password you entered is exact as the one which you have.
- Remember that the network name and the password are case- sensitive. Keying it wrongly will lead to the connection issue.
- If the network connection is not established you can print a Wireless Network Test report to check what went wrong.
HP Deskjet 2540 Printer Functions
HP Deskjet 2540 How to Print?
- You know well that your 123.hp.com/dj2540 printer provides your high quality printouts.
- The only area where you get stuck is how to customize the settings for various type of print job. This manual helps you to personalize the settings depending on the assigned print job.
- After choosing a document get directed to the Preferences, Print Properties, or Properties to access more layout and advanced settings.
- You can also set the printing shortcut tab if needed. You can customize the 123.hp.com/setup 2540 printer whether you want the printouts in the landscape or portrait.
- If you have a secondary paper tray you can place paper into the tray and use it.
- Choosing a correct paper type corresponds to the assigned print is important. Set the paper type either as brochure, plain, or other special types based on the requirements.
- Set the color as either color or black and white or grayscale based on the print job you assigned to the 123.hp.com/dj2540 printer.
- Select the quality mode using the prompts displayed. Once you have customized all the settings click on Ok and then Print.
- You can copy a document only when your printer is running in the normal quality print mode.
- It is not possible to change the quality mode when your printer is in function.
- To copy the document you have to place required number of paper in the input tray of the printer.
- Make sure that the paper you have placed is not bent or curled. Using papers with staples lead to the printer failure.
- Unlock the lid of the printer and keep the original on the right front corner of the scanner glass.
- Once it is properly placed on the scanner glass close the lid of the printer.
- Now select either the Start Copy Color or Start Copy Black option in order to start copying the required document.
- Using the 123.hp.com/dj2540 printer you can take the maximum of 9 copies at a time.
- Scanning is the process of sending or saving the hard copy of the document using the scanner enabled printer.
- Place the original document or photo whose scan is to be saved or sent on the scanner glass or in the ADF tray.
- Not all the printers have an ADF tray. So check whether your printer has the ADF tray.
- You need to 123.hp.com/setup 2540 the updated version of the HP Scan software on the computer to which your printer is connected.
- Use our manual to know where to get the software and how to install it easily.
- Make sure that you have placed the original based on the engraved guides found on the scanner glass of the printer.
- Follow the prompts and get the scan of the desired document easily.
- You can also send the scan to the required email account if you want in 123.hp.com/dj2540 Printer.