123 HP Deskjet 3779 Printer Setup
- Scan both the photo or document to your OS. You just need to choose the file type you wish to save and then scan the required item.
- Now, tap the Scan option, then click Computer to scan to the connected computer and then choose the computer model you want to save the scan to.
- Ensure that you choose the scan-to type option that corresponds to the document or photo you are scanning to save it either as a PDF or JPEG file.
- The Save as PDF setting lets you can scan the text documents that are not editable and the save as JPEG setting helps to scan pictures and images.
- Tap Yes to add another page to the same scan file or tap No if you do not have another page to scan, in case you want to scan another item.
- You need to open the print window to alter any print job settings for best results.
- Edit the document to modify text font and size, select layout options and to alter any other appearance settings, before printing.
- Now, tap File and then click the Print option. You will view that the printer settings window opens.
- Choose your printer model from the Printer menu and then from the Presets menu, choose an option that applies to your print job or paper type.
- Now, click on the unnamed menu at the center of the window to choose different settings types and then modify any settings.
- The print settings and menu names differ by printer and the application you are printing from. In order to print the document, tap the print option.
- To copy documents or photos from the printer’s control panel, turn on the printer and then ascertain that the paper is loaded in the input tray.
- You can insert a single photo or a single document page into the scanner, print side up, with the edge of the paper straight.
- Ensure that you do not load document in the scanner that are too thick or stiff to bend in half without creasing the original.
- If you notice that the scanner does not pull in and hold the original, remove the original and then load it into the scanner again.
- Select the Start Copy Black or Start Copy Color button. You can also increase the number of copies by pressing the button multiple times.
- You may notice that copying starts after 2 seconds and that the printer scans the original and then prints the copy.
123 HP Deskjet 3779 Troubleshooting
Turn on the 123 HP Deskjet 3779 Printer Setup and check if the power and data cables are connected to both the printer and Operating System. If you find that the indicator is blinking or is orange, it denotes a printer error, like a carriage jam or any other issue. Follow the guidelines below to troubleshoot the printer issues.
Carriage Jam- ‘E3’ Error Displays
When the control panel displays an alternating E and 3 it indicates that a paper jam might have occurred previously. Also, the Error icon, Paper Error icon, Resume light and Ink Alert light might blink. Follow the steps below to resolve the issue.
- You can use a flashlight to remove all loose and jammed paper from the input and output tray.
- In order to avoid tearing any whole sheets of paper, carefully pull the paper with both hands.
- Now, press the Cancel button. You may notice that the printer tries to clear the jam automatically.
- Once you complete removing all paper or objects from the input tray area, proceed to the next step.
- Discard any loose or jammed paper from the ink cartridge access area and ensure that the carriage moves freely.
- Ascertain that the ink cartridges are correctly installed as improper placement or installation may indicate a carriage jam error.
- You can remove and reinstall the ink cartridges, and then try to print again. If the error still persists, proceed to the next step.
- Now, connect the printer directly into an electrical outlet to make sure that the power source functions correctly.
- Sometimes, the printer displays an error message even after the issue is resolved. Reboot the 123.hp.com/deskjet 3779 printer to clear the error.
- Now, try to print. If all the preceding steps failed to resolve the issue, service the printer.
Printer Does Not Maintain Wireless Connection
The printer may not maintain the wireless connection as there may be a drop in connection or router configuration issues and so on. You can follow the basic guidelines given below to solve the issues.
- You can initially try rebooting the computer, printer and router to resolve any connectivity issues.
- Due to temporary network and Internet disconnection, ensure that you complete any tasks or downloads in progress.
- Run the HP Print and Scan Doctor on your Windows PC as it diagnoses and resolves printing and scanning problems.
- On the printer’s control panel, you need to check the status of the light next to the Wireless icon.
- Evaluate a Wireless Network Test Results page to determine the network connectivity issues and then proceed to the next step.
- If there are multiple networks using the same channel or adjacent channels to the network, reduce the channel interference.
- As there may be multiple routers with the same network name (SSID), change the wireless network name.
- Turn off the routers that are not being used to prevent the network interference and performance issues.
- Place the router and printer close together and then compare the printer IP address to the router IP address.
- Update the 123 HP Deskjet 3779 Printer Setup firmware and select a manual IP address for the printer.If the issue still persists, replace the printer.
Fixing Scan Quality Issues
Due to this issue, the computer file or printed output may have vertical lines, incorrect colors, color bands, or poor resolution. The quality of scan varies from one printer model to another. Follow the prompts given below to solve the issue.
- If you find that the quality issues occur when printing from the computer, do not proceed with the steps below.
- Proceed to the next step if you find that the quality issues occur when scanning.
- Clean the scanner glass, glass strip (if available), the white backing under the scanner lid and the white strip under the lid (if available).
- Clean the plastic and glass strips inside the document scan feeder and start a scan job to clean the scanner mechanism.
- Also, discard any debris such as bits of paper or paper clips from inside the document scan feeder.
- Carefully clean the ADF rollers and separator pad with a damp cloth and let them dry completely.
- Shut the ADF cover and then restore the original document print side up in the document feeder tray.
- For both Windows and Mac, you can download any compatible app to change the scan settings.
- Try to reset the printer as it can force some types of scanners to calibrate that might fix the problem. Follow the steps given below to restore the printer.
- You can replace the HP Deskjet 3779 printer if all preceding steps are completed and the issue still persists.
Fixing Copy Quality Issues
Sometimes, when you copy from the flatbed or Automatic Document Feeder (ADF), there may be issues such as vertical or horizontal lines, color bands, or poor resolution. Follow the guidelines below to fix the copy quality issue.
- Clean the scanner glass, scanner lid and the document feed slot as there may be fingerprints, smudges, dust, or debris on them.
- Open the ADF and then clean the ADF rollers and separator pad with a clean, lint-free and damp cloth.
- Remove the original document from the ADF, switch off the printer and once you complete cleaning, proceed to the next step.
- Now, reload the original document print side up in the document feeder tray and carefully slide the document into the printer.
- Switch on the 123.hp.com/dj3779 printer and then try to copy. If you find that the issue still persists, proceed to the next step.
- To change the copy settings, tap the Copy button or icon on the printer’s control panel.
- Ensure that the paper type and size in the input tray matches the paper type and size settings on the printer’s control panel.
- Tap the Setup or Settings icon, then select Paper Setup and then select Def. paper size. Choose the paper size and then press OK.
- If the issue still persists, reset the printer. Now, load the original document or photo and then try to copy.
- If you find that all the above steps failed to resolve the issue, you can replace the printer.
We are third-party service providers of different hardware, software, and other devices. We are an independent company, and do not have any association with top printer brands. The images, trademarks, videos included in this site are only for reference and information purposes. We don’t claim any ownership of them.123 HP Deskjet 3779