123 HP Deskjet 2624 Printer
A 123 HP Deskjet 2624 printer is suitable for home as well as small office purpose. It produces high-quality printouts in both text and images. It supports a variety of paper types. Print your documents wirelessly using the mobile printing solutions. Connect the 123.hp.com/dj2624 printer to a network using either a Wired connection or Wireless connection. Conserve up to 50% energy with this Energy Star certified printer.
- Print, Scan and Copy features are available in this 123 HP Deskjet 2624 printer
- It is compact in size that fits n a desk or shelf
- It works on different platforms such as Windows an Mac
- It is light in weight which makes it portable
- Reduce the printing noise using the Quiet mode
Unboxing HP Deskjet 2624 Printer Setup
- Open the box by removing the tape on the top of it. Take out all contents in the box. The contents include a USB cable, power cable, ink cartridges and a software installation CD.
- Examine the contents in the box. It differs by country/region. In case any content in missing in the box, call the manufacturer for a new one.
- Take out the printer from the box. Discard all packing materials from the interior and exterior of the box. This packaging is done to avoid the damage to the device.
- Ensure that you place the printer on a flat surface. Start the connection process using the power cable that is available in the printer’s box.
- Get an uninterrupted power supply using this cable. Connect one end of the cable to the printer’s rear end and the other end to the wall socket. Switch on the 123.hp.com/dj2624 printer.
- Use the compatible papers for obtaining quality printouts. Feed plain papers into the input tray. Move the paper width guides against the edges of the paper.
- Do not bend the edges while adjusting them.This results in paper jam issue. Do not insert wrinkled or incompatible papers into the input tray.
- Take out the new HP Deskjet 2624 ink cartridges from the package. Open the ink cartridge access door. Grasp both sides of the cartridges and move them into the printer.
- Insert the cartridges into the respective slots. Ensure that you have placed them securely.Remove the protective tape on the top of it prior to inserting.
- After the installation process, the printer starts to print an alignment page.This is done to make sure that the cartridges are inserted properly.
123.hp.com/dj2624 – Driver and software download
A Driver is a fundamental software for the printer and the system. It works as an interface between the printer and the system. A driver is necessary to print from the printer. The HP Deskjet 2624 printer supports various drivers. The drivers include Full featured driver, Basic driver and plug and play.Use the suitable one for the printer.
- Make use of a software installation CD present in the printer’s shipment box. Place the CD on the system’s disc drive. Refrain from proceeding till the system starts reading the list of contents in the CD.
- Choose your setup file from the list. For a Windows system, the setup file is in .exe format. In case of a Mac system, the setup file is in .dmg format. Based on the operating system, select the file.
- Click the file to begin the installation process. By following the on-screen prompts, the installation process gets completed. Choose the mode of connection based on the printer’s specifications.
- In case the CD is not available in the printer’s shipment box, download the driver from this website. Click the link provided to download the driver based on the 123 hp deskjet 2624 printer model and version of the OS.
- After clicking the link, the setup file gets downloaded automatically. Click the setup file to start the installation process. Follow the instructions mentioned on the screen to complete the installation process.
HP Deskjet 2624 Printer Functions
Printing is the fundamental function of the printer. You can get the printouts in color or black based on your requirements. Insert plain sheets of paper into the input tray. Align the papers into the input tray using the paper-width guides. Make the necessary changes in the Print settings. The Print Settings include resolution, quality, duplex printing, orientation, paper size, number of pages etc. After you are done with the step, click the Print option to start the printing process. You can get the printed sheets either in black or color on the output tray.
Copying is done to create a duplicate copy of the original document. You can take any number of copies in both color or black based on the requirements. Wipe the scanner glass using a clean and damp cloth. It is suggested to wipe the scanner glass to avoid the quality issues with the HP 2624 printer. Place the document with the printed side facing the scanner glass. Press the Copy button located on the control panel of the printer. After pressing, the copy job starts automatically. Once it is completed, get the sheets on the output tray.
Scanning is the process of converting the paper document into paperless. There are various scanning applications available to start the scanning process. Place the to be scanned document on the scanner glass or into the Automatic Document Feeder depending on the 123 HP Deskjet 2624 printer features. Press the Scan button to start the scanning process. In case the scan icon is not present, open the scanning applications. Do the necessary changes in the settings and click Scan to begin the scanning process. The scanned document gets automatically stored in the destination folder.
123 HP 2624 Wireless Setup
- Organize the network name and password prior to connecting the 123.hp.com/setup 2624 printer to a network. Any mistakes in the credentials while typing leads to a connection issue.
- Do not connect the printer and the system to a different network. Connect both devices to the same wireless network. Ensure that do not connect to a guest network.
- Unplug the USB cable from the printer’s rear when the system prompts. Do not connect it until the system urges you to do so.
- Switch on the printer. On the control panel of the printer, move to the Settings-> Network Settings-> Wireless Setup Wizard.
- After clicking on it, a list of available networks gets displayed on the screen. Choose your network name from the list.
- Type the password when the system prompts. You can get the initial password from the bottom of the printer or from the documentation of the ISP.
- Wait till the connection gets initiated. After the connection is established, observe a stable wireless light on the control panel of the 123 HP Deskjet 2624 printer.
- In case the connection is not established, download the printer driver from this website. According to the printer model and OS version, the driver is downloaded.
- After the download process, install the driver based on the on-screen prompts. You can get the downloaded file in the system.
- Click the file for the installation process to get initiated. After installation, try to print a network configuration page to examine the network status.
HP Deskjet 2624 Troubleshooting
Clear Paper Jam
- When the incompatible or wrinkled papers are inserted into the input tray, a paper jam issue displays on the control panel of the printer.
- Locate the jammed paper in the interior of the 123 HP Deskjet 2624 printer. In case it is in the input or output tray, discard them to fix the issue.
- If you see jammed paper underneath the rollers, pull them out using both hands. Ensure that you do not rip the papers. It leads to further issues.
- In case the jammed papers create hindrances to the carriage movement, discard them for the free movement of the carriage.
- In certain cases, a false paper jam issue occurs. Restarting the printer is the solution to solve it.
Print Quality Issue
- Make sure that you see authentic and compatible ink cartridges for the printer model. Unauthentic HP 2624 ink cartridges lead to ink cartridge issue.
- Insert papers with the print side down in the input tray. Ensure that you do not use wrinkled or curled paper in the tray.
- Examine the print settings to ensure that the suitable paper size and paper type is set for the print job.
- In case the ink level is low or critically low, it is necessary to replace the ink cartridges with a new one.
- Ensure that the cartridges are inserted properly and use a pin to clean the additional dust from the vent. After that, try to print a test page.
Wireless Connection Problem
- When the system is connected to a guest network, an issue appears. On the control panel.Ensure that you do not connect the printer to a guest network.
- Move the printer and system close to a wireless router to get the maximum signal strength. In case the signal strength is weak, issue occurs.
- Examine whether the Airplane mode is enabled in the system .If so, disable the Airplane mode to get the printer connected to the network.
- Disable the firewall settings for a while. Try to connect the printer to the network. In case the connection is established, the issue is with the firewall.
- Make the necessary changes in the firewall settings and then enable it. In case the issue is not with the printer, enable the firewall.
- When the driver is not communicating with the system, a printer offline issue displays on the control panel of the printer.
- Examine whether the existing printer is set as default printer. In case the printer is not as default printer, change the settings to existing printer,
- Move to the printer and the system close to a wireless router to get the maximum signal strength. Keep the metal objects away from the router.
- In case the issue is with the driver, update it. Uninstall the driver by navigating to the Devices and Printers. Select the Software Removal icon to uninstall the 123 hp deskjet 2624 driver.
- Reinstall the printer driver and software into the system. Follow the on-screen instructions to complete the installation process.
STEP 1: Check whether compatible and authentic ink cartridges are used for the printer model. You can order the ink cartridge from HP Suresupply.
STEP 2: Take out the ink cartridges from the corresponding slots. Examine whether there is any dust or debris in the slot.
STEP 3: If any, wipe it using a clean and moist cloth. Check out if the cartridge is faulty. If so, replace it with a new one.
STEP 4: If the cartridge is not faulty, place the cartridges back to their slots. Resetting the 123 HP Deskjet 2624 printer is done to fix the issue.
STEP 5: In case the issue still persists, call our customer support team at our toll-free number to clear it.
123-hp.net is an independent service provider and the mention of brands, names, images and trademarks are purely for reference. We do not claim ownership of them unless stated. We aim to provide solution to resolve HP printer related issues.123.hp.com/dj2624