Fix: HP DESKJET 2540 WON’T PRINT
HP DeskJet 2540 is a budget All-in-One printer with a built-in wireless networking and scanning feature. The printer comes with a tiny monochrome LCD. Basically, the control panel consists of six buttons, along with three indicator LEDs for wireless and a counter for copy numbers. A dedicated USB socket at the back of the printer can be used for wired connections, but you lose a lot of the device’s functionality if you don’t connect the printer to a wireless connection. However, the printer provides so many features. Still, it is a machine and can misbehave at times. In the below segments, we will discuss the troubleshooting methods that can help you get rid of the “HP Deskjet 2540 Won’t Print” issue from a computer.
CLEAN THE PRINTHEAD:
- Cleaning the printhead will clear a lot of printer issues.
- Use the printer’s menu to run the cleaning cycle and check your nozzles before opening the unit.
- Printhead cleaning requires more ink every time.
- Before performing any task, ensure that the printer is not showing any error message on the LCD screen.
- Make sure that you don’t turn off your printer during the cleaning cycle. Doing so will eventually cause permanent damage to the printer.
- Suppose you run two or three cleaning cycles, but you are unable to print a document, then keep the printer idle for several hours.
- As an alternate way, you can clean the printhead using distilled water and paper towels.
MAKE USE OF THE PRINTER TROUBLESHOOTING WIZARD:
Windows OS provides a wonderful utility called Troubleshooting Wizard to help users fix printer issues. Perform the below steps to run the printer troubleshooting wizard.
- Click on the Start menu.
- Click the Settings icon.
- Select Update & Security.
- Click on Troubleshoot from the left panel.
- Select your printer and run the troubleshooter.
- Follow the instructions stated in the Wizard to fix the printer problem.
CLEAR THE PRINTER QUEUE:
- he “not printing” problem usually occurs when the user keeps on clicking the Print button even when there are several issues, such as paper jam, the printer running out of paper, ink cartridge problem, etc. These issues lead to the printer queue as Windows keeps on storing each command from the user.
- You can clear the printer queue through the Control Panel window or via the Command Prompt.
Here, we will see the Control Panel method.
- Turn on your PC and click on the Windows Start icon.
- Now, type in Control Panel in the search box and hit Enter.
- In the Control Panel window, you need to go to the search bar.
- Type Printers and press the Enter key.
- Now, click on View Devices and Printers.
- You will see all the wireless devices that are connected to your PC.
- Right-click on your printer and a pop-up dialog box will open; click on the See what’s printing option.
- You can cross-verify all your previous print jobs.
- Go to the Printer menu and click Cancel All Documents.
Now, you have successfully cleared the printer queue.
CLEARING THE PRINTER QUEUE USING THE COMMAND PROMPT:
If you don’t prefer the previous method, you can still clear the printer queue with the help of the command prompt.
- Simply type in “command prompt” in your search bar.
- Right-click on it and select Run as administrator.
- You will be able to see the Command Prompt window on your computer screen.
- Type net stop spooler and press the Enter key.
- Type del %systemroot%32\spool\printers\*/Q and press Enter.
- At last, type net start spooler and press the Enter key.
- Your screen displays The print spooler service was started successfully, which means that your computer has cleared the printer queue.
- If this is the solution to your problem, it will bring back your printer’s life, and you can print your documents flawlessly once again.
So, by following the above methods, you can easily fix the HP Deskjet 2540 Won’t Print issue. For more clarifications, call our technicians.