The HP Color LaserJet Pro MFP M180NW provides vivid colors, wireless functionality, and easy mobile printing. It offers fast print speeds to ensure efficiency at a great value. It is designed for individual or small workteams who need affordable, reliable, multifunction features in a compact and easy-to-use desktop form.
- HP ePrint
- Apple Airprint
- Wireless Direct Printing
- HP Smart App
- Dual band Wi-Fi.
Unbox the HP Color LaserJet Pro MFP M180NW printer setup
- Unpack the 123 HP LaserJet Pro MFP M180NW from the box. Take out all tapes and packing material from the exterior of the printer, and then peel the film from the printer’s control panel.
- Draw out the input tray, and then push out the paper width guides as far as possible. When you are place legal-size paper, extend the input tray.
- Place up to 150 sheets of paper with the print side looking up and the top edge pointing toward the printer.
- In case you are placing pre-punched paper, place the paper with the holes pointing toward the left side of the tray.
- Push the paper guides until they come in contact with the edges of the stack of paper.
- Shut the input tray. Push down on the output bin and extension to open it, and then lower the output bin extender.
- User your power cord to connect the printer to a power source. Attach the power cord to the back of the printer, and then fix the other end of the power cord into an electrical outlet.
- Switch on the HP Color LaserJet Pro MFP M180NW printer. The printer starts initialization and calibration. Once the printer is quiet and inactive, proceed further.
- From the printer’s control panel, push the Setup button. Tap the right arrow until System Setup displays, and then push OK. Choose Language, and then press OK.
- Tap the right arrow to spot the desired language in the list, if required. Choose your desired language, and then press OK. Install the printer driver and software to complete the 123 hp setup m180nw.
123.hp.com/setup m180nw – Driver and software download
Installing the full feature printer driver and software for your LaserJet Pro MFP M180NW is essential to getting the best out of your printer. It lets you access all the features of the printer. Follow the instructions below to download and the full feature printer driver and software for your HP LaserJet Pro MFP M180NW.
- You can download and install the full feature printer driver and software package for your 123 HP LaserJet Pro MFP M180NW from us. For Windows, your file will be in .exe format. For Mac, your file will be in .dmg format. You will be prompted to Run, Open or Save.
- Choosing Run or Open will launch the file immediately, once it downloads. Choosing Save will let you store the retrieved file. Choose Save. You will be able to view the estimated time left for the download to complete in the Downloads bar of the browser.
- Once the download concludes, run the installer from the downloads bar of the browser or the Downloads folder of the computer. Once the installer launches, follow the on-screen instructions to complete the procedure.
- For Windows, connect the computer to the printer, if required. For Mac, if you are prompted to Add the printer to the printer queue. Select the OfficeJet 180nw.
- Choose the Use or Print Using menu, choose Laserjet Pro M180NW in the pop-up menu and then choose Add. Go back to the HP installer to complete the installation.
If you have any queries, contact our technical support team on the toll-free number.
Mobile printing – HP Laserjet Pro m180nw Printer
- The HP ePrint service handles your print jobs by transmitting documens and photos to the printer through mail. You can assign print jobs from your smartphone which has internet connectivity and access to an email account.
- Enter the HP Color LaserJet Pro MFP M180NW printer’s email address in the To: field. Provide a email subject line. A blank subject line might prompt the HP ePrint server to cancel the print job. Email subject lines do not print.
- The total size of the email must be 10 MB or less, including attachments. You cannot add more than 10 attachments per email print job.
- The following are supported document file types: text (.txt), PDF, HTML, Microsoft Word (.doc and .docx), Microsoft Powerpoint (.ppt and .pptx), and Microsoft Excel. (.xls and .xlsx).
- It supports .bmp, .gif, .jpg, .png, and .tif are the supported photo formats. Email attachements cannot be printed without printing the email also.
- Ensure that your LaserJet Pro MFP M180nw is powered up and is in a ready state. In case the printer is in sleep mode, wake it up by pressing the power button.
- Open the document, photo, email, or webpage, you wish to print, and then tap the action icon to display menu options. Tap Print or the Print icon, based on the type of file you wish to print.
- On the Printer Options menu, touch Select Printer, and then select your printer from the list.
- Touch Options to modify other settings if required. Some options, such as paper size may not be alterable and must be modified from the printer.
- The Options menu might not display if your HP Color LaserJet Pro MFP M180NW printer is black ink only. Choose the number of copies, and then touch Print.
Google Cloud Print Setup
- Switch on your printer, place plain paper in the input tray, and make sure ink or toner cartridges are loaded. Make sure the OfficeJet 180nw is connected to the same network as your Android device.
- From your Android device, download and install the Cloud Print plugin from the Play Store. Once the installation is over, return to the home screen, and then touch Settings.
- In the search field, enter Printing, and then touch Printing. Next to Cloud Print, tap On, and then switch off any other print service plugins, if required. Touch Cloud Print, tap the main menu icon, and then select Add Printer. The plugin detects any printer on the network.
- Touch the 123.hp.com/setup printer you wish to add, tap OK, and then approve the registration on the printer control panel display, or follow the instructions on the instructions page that prints out.
- To print from your android device, open a saved document or image, and then touch the menu icon. Touch Print. Choose your printer, modify any print setting if necessary, and then tap Print.
Troubleshooting – 123.hp.com/ljprom180nw
Clear paper jam
- If you receive a paper jam error, examine the specific area mentioned. If no particular region is mentioned, examine the regions mentioned below. Use a torch light and always use both hands to remove paper stuck to ensure that it does not tear any further.
- Switch off the HP M180nw printer. Examine the automatic document feeder for any paper that is stuck. After removing any jammed paper, shut the ADF and switch on the printer.
- Examine the output bin. Raise the scanner, if required. Remove any jammed paper or objects. Try to print again. Similarly, examine the input tray and attempt to print again.
- Switch off the printer and then detach the power cord and other cables. Examine the fuser area and remove any jammed paper. Shut the rear access door.
- Fix the power cord and other cables. Switch on the printer. Try to print. If the error persists, try resetting the printer.
Print quality issue
- Examine the paper that is meant for use in HP LaserJet Printers. Do not use paper that is meant only for inkjet printer.
- Examine the toner level. Make sure that there is adequate ink available to complete and render the print job up to your expectation. If you find a low or empty toner cartridge, then replace it.
- In case the entire page is too dark or too light, the EconoMode setting might be enabled. Turn off the EconoMode to make sure that your print is appropriately delivered.
- Check if the print setting in your operating system, match the requirements for the print job assigned to the printer. You can access print settings from the software you wish to print from in your operating system.
- You can print a cleaning page to resolve print quality issues. You can start the cleaning mode from your operating system.
Wireless connection issue
- Detach the power cord from the router. Switch off the LaserJet Pro MFP M180NW. Exit all running programs on your computer, including the HP Software installation window, then shut down the computer.
- Attach the power cord to the router, then wait for the internet activity light to indicate a normal connected status. Switch on the printer. Switch on the computer. Attempt installing the driver and software again.
- Make sure that your are connected to your wireless network and that the network strength is strong. If you have enabled Airplane mode, turn it off to connect to your wireless network.
- Make sure that the wireless signal is enabled on the printer. The light next to the wireless icon should be steady or blinking.
- Make sure that the router operates in a band that is supported by your HP Color LaserJet Pro MFP M180NW printer. Ensure that the router supports Bonjour, if you are using a Mac.
- For Windows 8 and 10, use HP Print and Scan doctor to automatically fix several of problems that can cause the printer to go offline. If the printer is still offline set the default printer and unpause printing.
- For Mac, restart the printer, router and the computer. If the printer shows up in the device list and the printer options are displayed, the printer is not connected to the printer. Attempt printing again, and if the issue is unresolved go to the next step.
- Once the printer is quiet and inactive, proceed further. With the printer powered up, detach the power cord from the rear of the printer. Detach the power cord from the wall outlet.
- After one minute, fix the power cord back into the wall outlet. Fix the power cord back into the wall outlet. Fix the connect the power cord to the back of the printer.
- If the printer does not switch on by itself, switch it on. Attempt to print again.
- Make sure to use Genuine HP cartridges. Check for any packing material and paper in the toner cartridge and remove any that are present. Gently shake the toner cartridge from front to back to ensure that the toner is distributed uniformly.
- Examine the printer for any additional jammed paper that may be present. Jammed paper or debris might also prompt the error message.
- The HP Color LaserJet Pro MFP M180NW toner cartridge might possess a faulty connection to the printer. Utilize a lint-free cloth to clean the toner cartridge contacts.
- At times, an error message shows up though there are no packing material inside the printer. Resetting the printer might rectify the issue.
- If the previous steps do not rectify the error, replace the toner cartridge with a genuine HP M180nw Toner cartridge.
123-hp.net is an independent service provider and the mention of brands, names, images and trademarks are purely for reference. We do not claim ownership of them unless stated. We aim to provide solution to resolve HP printer related issues.123.hp.com/ljprom180nw